Postings by Guest ID 1082163

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Molly Found Her Furever Home!!!

Molly

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 10:58am PST 
Great news! Molly was adopted last night, 1/12/12, by a great young couple! They fell in love with her the second they saw her. I know Molly will have a wonderful life with them!

Congratulations, Molly!!! Be happy, baby girl!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dylan & Grace& Bryce, Jan 13 11:21 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Molly is looking for her furever home
Molly

Barked: Sat Jan 7, '12 12:26pm PST 
Molly is a 4 - 5 year old female dachshund in foster care in the Jacksonville, FL area. She's spayed and UTD on shots. She's a very sweet little girl and housebroken, too! That's a real feat for a dachshund! Molly loves blankets and will take 5 minutes every night to get all rolled up in them. If she sleeps in "the big bed" she'll burrow down by your feet and will not move all night. Do you have lizards in your yard? She'll be in heaven!!!

Molly is quiet for a dachshund. She barks when I come home from the store and when it's feeding time (I'm just not fast enough).

She gets along well with my other dogs and my cat. I don't know how she is with small children, but she is a bit timid so I don't think it would be a good idea. And she would definitely need someone with her during the day. She would be miserable if she were left alone all day. She is definitely a people dog. Even though she gets along with other dogs, I think she'd be most happy as an only dog so she wouldn't have to share her new owner's affection.

Molly's only problem is she is heart worm positive. She's on a slow kill treatment now which consists of Heart Guard twice a month and Doxycycline twice a day (you can get that free at Publix).

If you or anyone you know is looking for a relatively quiet and well behaved furbaby, please visit http://daretorescue.com and fill out an application for Molly.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 12:26 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > bringing current dogs to meet new one at a shelter

Swee'Pea

Barked: Sat Jan 7, '12 12:15pm PST 
It's fine to bring your current dog or dogs to meet ones in a shelter, but dogs tend to be very different outside of their own homes so it might not really give you a good indication of how they'll act with a new pup when it's brought into their territory.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , Jan 8 4:01 pm

Dachshund > companion for my male dachshund

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 11:44am PST 
I have always been told that doxies are a prejudiced breed, and having 6 dogs of my own and 1 foster doxie, I believe it. 2 of my dogs are doxies, a male and a female. My foster is also a female doxie. The 3 of them pretty much ignore all the rest of the crew. They tolerate them but don't socialize with them much at all. So if you're thinking of a dog buddy for your male doxie, I suggest a female doxie for him.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 11:44 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.