Postings by Guest ID 1071330

GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > Can Anyone Help?

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 6:08am PST 
Thank you everyone for your helpful responses. Our family is going through a lot right now. This is the first violent death my daughters have had to deal with. It's great to know other people agree with me. Were still waiting to hear from the Ministry of Natural Resourses. I plan on doint everything I can to make these irresponsible men pay. They should not have guns if they cant properly handle them. After they come and determine the situation I'm knocking down all the tree stands on my property and cutting down there lookout tree.

I also wanted to let everyone know our puppy (you can barely call him a puppy, he's a giant.) is home from the vet. Surgery went well! He's not going to be able to walk for about 4 months. The vet put a steel plate in his leg but he should recover completely.

Thank you again everyone for caring.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 8:10 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Can Anyone Help?

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 6:36am PST 
I live in Ontario, Canada. Yesterday morning a group of hunters shot my 2 black labs. It was 9am, bright and early. The dogs were 3 feet from the fence to our barn yard but still on our rented property. The hunters had permission from our landlords to be hunting but not that close to the barn and house. They shot my 11 year old dog once in the rump and when she started to get up to run to me they shot her again in the neck. She passed away instantly. My 8 month old puppy was shot on the leg. He is in surgery right now and the vet insures me he will make a full recovery. The hunter said he thought they were coyotes trying to get into our chicken coup. We called the police and were still waiting to hear from the Ministry of Natural Resources. I strongly believe these people should be charged. They were shooting towards our house and they fired a shot while I was in the field calling my dog. I have four daughters that play in our backyard on a daily basis. I don't feel safe anymore. Can anything be done? Does anyone know of any laws or have any information for me?
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 8:10 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.