Postings by Guest ID 1068987

GO!

Boxer > To Boxer or not

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 3:06am PST 
Hello I am new to Dogster & this forum. There are 7 people in the house my husband, myself & our 5 children, ages 20, 18, 15, 13 & 10. We also have a black cocker spaniel & a cat.

Now that you have our info here is our dilema.

We are going to be getting another dog the kids would like something bigger. We have narrowed it down to a Boxer or a Lab. We are very familiar with Labs, my husband has owned one & my parents have had them for over 20 yrs. I have been doing alot of research about Boxers, by the way, reading all the posts here has helped alot! I have called our Vet office, our groomer and we have 3 friends that have boxers. They have all said we would absoultely love a boxer & that we could get them enough excercise. But the obedience/boarding place in town that I called said she would not recommend them. She did not say they are a bad dog just hard to train & they are so strong that they ended up dragging the owners on walks.

We have found a 1.5 yr old male (Boxer) and a 1 yr old male (Lab) that we will be going to look at in a couple days, they are in the same shelter. They came in as a strays. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also we have never adopted, have always gotten from breeders as puppies and we will only get a male.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dax, Dec 15 1:28 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.