Postings by Guest ID 1063058

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Puppy Food????
Maggie

Ms.Maggie, Mags,- Princess Maggie

Barked: Tue Nov 22, '11 2:40pm PST 
I just got my beagle puppy 3 wks ago, she is 5 months old. When we got her the breeder was feeding her science diet, adult formula. The vet said to switch her to a puppy formula, so we switched to IAMS puppy, which she has been on for 1 1/2 weeks. She loves it, BUT she has been eating her poop since we switched. I read that poorly digested food causes this problem. So three days ago we attempted to switch her to Science diet puppy, but she has vomited every day since we switched. So now I don't know what to feed her.

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on EVO small bites?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 5:49 pm

Puppy Place > New Puppy looks sad
Maggie

Ms.Maggie, Mags,- Princess Maggie

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 12:16pm PST 
We just got Maggie Friday. She did great yesterday, she'd come out of her kennel, go potty outside, play for 30 minutes, then go back in her kennel and sleep. Today she just seems scared to death; she doesn't want anything to do with us. She barely ate this morning and everytime her kennel door is open she crys. She doesn't want to come out. Could she be sad to be in a new home?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 4:55 am

Puppy Place > AKC registration

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 2:07pm PST 
I emailed the breeder to see if the puppies were registered under a different name, I'm waiting to hear back from her. So if they haven't done any health screening can I bring the puppy to get screened through my vet?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 3 9:09 am

Puppy Place > AKC registration

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 1:34pm PST 
I found a breeder that claims that all of her puppies are AKC and CKC registered. I called the AKC to verify that the litter was registered and they have no puppies under the breeders name. So what's the deal?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 3 9:09 am

Choosing the Right Dog > beagle debate

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 3:34am PST 
The other things that I was looking for when I talked to the breeder- a running companion, kid friendly, gets alone with other dogs, and for temperment, we were looking for a laid-back, happy dog. (which is what all of the reviews on beagles claimed that beagles are)

Thank you all for your input. I think I may have just talked to the wrong breeder. You guys made me feel better!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 6:06 pm

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 2:25pm PST 
Oh, one more thing. The breeder said I could NEVER leave a beagle alone in a house for a minute. Any thoughts????
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 6:06 pm

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 1:43pm PST 
I have been researching dogs for about two months now and I thought that I had finally decided that a beagle would be a good fit for my family. I found a breeder and was discussing some of my expectations of what I would Like to eventually train my dog to do and not do. Understand that I am realistic and know that training a dog or puppy doesn't happen over night. I also understand that if we get a puppy it's just like having a baby. And I also understand that we would probably have to attend obedience school to accomplish all of my expectations because I have never trained a dog before. That said,some of my expectations were that I wanted my dog not to jump on furniture or people, and I wanted the dog to be trained not to run out of an open door (for fear of it running in the street and getting hit by a car) and lastly, I wanted the dog to eventually be able to roam freely in my house (once it was house broken and done with teething). The breeder told me I am unrealistic and I would never find a dog to meet that criteria, much less a beagle. She told me I'm too "stringent" with my expectations. So after I stopped crying I started wondering if she is right. Can a beagle not be trained? Am I asking too much? I have many family and friends, with different breeds of dogs that have their pets as part of their families and every day lives. Are beagles not capable of the same?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 6:06 pm

Small Dogs > Can small dogs run with their owners?

Barked: Sun Oct 16, '11 1:00pm PST 
Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 10:04 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Tell me about beagles in the house

Barked: Sat Oct 15, '11 5:37am PST 
I am currently researching different breeds of dogs to find the best fit for my family. I want a dog that can run with me 3 times a week and will live in the house. I am stuck on beagles because they are energetic, friendly with everyone, and intellegent. But what concerns me is the shedding and if they have a "dog odor". I've read many differnt books and get mixed reviews. So if you own a beagle. what is your experience with shedding and odor. I am willing and able to brush the dog every day to help control shedding in the house, I can bathe the dog as often as needed to keep the odor down. But some dogs have a natural doggy smell that even a bath can't fix. I'd love some feedback.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 11:51 am

Small Dogs > Can small dogs run with their owners?

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '11 2:37pm PST 
I am looking into getting a small dog. I like the yorkie because they are low-shedding, kid friendly, and easy to train. But can a yorkie run with me? I am looking for a dog that can run with me 2-3 times a week for 2-3 miles each run. Does anyone own a yorkie and can you tell me if a yorkie could handle running.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 10:04 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.