Postings by Guest ID 1057445

GO!

Puppy Place > Staffy Puppy all Teeth but no Malice :(

Barked: Fri Oct 21, '11 2:54am PST 
First off let me say thankyou to all the responders, you have all been a great source of advice, we have impletmented the avoidance & stopping playing technique as he reacts to yelping and it excites him,

on a side note my partner has just been to stay at here friends for 1 night and Wilfred has had all the time playing with a slightly older pup that has taught him a thing or 2 about bitting i belive.

He came home last night and he was like a different dog alltogether, licking and only nibbiling not biting and real calm, my partner has now ageed that whilst pups her and her friend are having 1 night a week studying together and the dogs get to run roit and play with each other so all is good.

Once again thanks for all the feedback it was really reassuring and appriecated
Matt
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 9:49 am

Puppy Place > Staffy Puppy all Teeth but no Malice :(

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '11 3:53am PST 
Hi there im hoping that you guys can provide me with a little moral and infomartional support,

we have recently aquired a new staffy puppy and have had him at home with us for the last 3 weeks since he left the litter at 9 weeks.

The issue i have is that is continually mouthing and bitting everyone he meets; humans & dogs. to the point of he had his 1st puppy class last night and bit the trianers thumb till it bled,,,,

He is not too bad with me at home as i have developed the knack of keeping my hands out of the way when playing althjough he still tries to go for the fingers and when he is chilling with me on the sofa i give him his kong teething stick to chew and have got him used to having my hands near his face and even stroking his lips when there, but as soon as he goes to my wife.
Whom i should mention i bought the puppy for on request he starts again what is the best approach he has:

Rope toys
Hard plastic bone type toys
Kong
Kong teething stick
and so on

am i just worrying and he will grow out of it or should i be concerned.

I also have 2 daughters who only stay on a weekend with me aged 8 & 10 and the last thing i want is them to be bitten
Help and Advice all appreciated
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 9:49 am

Staffordshire Bull Terrier > Staffy Puppy all teeth but no malice

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '11 3:45am PST 
Hi there im hoping that you guys can provide me with a little moral and infomartional support,

we have recently aquired a new staffy puppy and have had him at home with us for the last 3 weeks since he left the litter at 9 weeks.

The issue i have is that is continually mouthing and bitting everyone he meets; humans & dogs. to the point of he had his 1st puppy class last night and bit the trianers thumb till it bled,,,,

He is not too bad with me at home as i have developed the knack of keeping my hands out of the way when playing althjough he still tries to go for the fingers and when he is chilling with me on the sofa i give him his kong teething stick to chew and have got him used to having my hands near his face and even stroking his lips when there, but as soon as he goes to my wife.
Whom i should mention i bought the puppy for on request he starts again what is the best approach he has:

Rope toys
Hard plastic bone type toys
Kong
Kong teething stick
and so on

am i just worrying and he will grow out of it or should i be concerned.

I also have 2 daughters who only stay on a weekend with me aged 8 & 10 and the last thing i want is them to be bitten
Help and Advice all appreciated
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 19 3:45 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.