Postings by Guest ID 1056293

GO!

Dog Health > The dreaded crate rest.

Henry

All dog go to- the fun side.

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 5:52pm PST 
Hi Lupi. I have treated spinal injuries in dogs for 11 years. I even have a Dogue that i rescued from being PTS when he was 7 months because of a server spinal injury.

I am first and foremost a canine hydrotherapist and secondly i invented a harness for dog mobility issues. Forgetting about my dog mobility harness for a moment - i would suggest swimming as a fantastic way of building up the muscles in the dogs back. I actually have a video i took of a dog that suffered a spinal injury - she was operated on and swan for some 8 months twice a week. I'll put the link on for you below, but before you start thinking you cant afford twice a week for 8 months - i assume you have a dachshund from your avatar picture.

You can buy a life jacket from ebay and swim your dog in the bath. Get some advice from the vet first please to see if this is the right course of action for your little baby. Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQKzo9ETM2c

Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lupi, Nov 21 3:20 pm

Dog Health > Therapy after Femoral Head Ostectomy

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 5:27pm PST 
My advice would be hydrotherapy. Ive seen this too often and the reason i say hydrotherapy is because its weightless and works both the muscles and aerobics.

People have there own opinions on this subject but ive been doing it for 11 years now. It all started with me building a pool for my newfie when he had his leg amputated at 2. Hes now 13 years old and still mobile.

Since building the pool ive come across all sorts of ailments and found that with 90% of dogs treated, hydro and physio is invaluable at this stage. If you cant afford hydrotherapy, then find a lake and buy a life jacket off ebay for your dog. Go in the water with him and have a lead attached to the jacket at all times so you have total control and slowly build your dog up to doing 2 sets of 10 minutes swims. Please note i mention - 'build them up' to doing this.

I hope this advice has helped and dont give up if the first time you see your dog panicking - just remember this is new to them. Please also confirm with a vet that this is the right course of action for your dog. Good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 16 9:12 am

Dog Health > Does anyone have a dog who has PROBLEMS walking because of Hip dysplasia, arthritis, CDRM, old age,

Barked: Thu Sep 22, '11 4:56am PST 
Thanks for the response. I dont want to see this tread cut off for advertising but there is something that I REALLY wanted to get your opinions on.

If say there was a harness:

that could be used to fully support your dog and enable your dog to walk again; bearing in mind NOONE has ever thought of it before in this way, and it does not exist anywhere else in the world - do you think people would be interested in finding out more.

The aim is that by using your own body weight you help your dog become mobile again.

This harness helps various walking conditions ranging from curicate ligament injuries, hip and elbow dysplasia, spinal problems, old age, CDRM, arthritis, spinal problems, helping to avoid bowed legs occurring, obesity, popping hocks, lameness, assistance to prevent bowed legs in large breed puppies and lots more

Do you think there would be a lot of people interested to know more?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 4:56 am

Dog Health > Does anyone have a dog who has PROBLEMS walking because of Hip dysplasia, arthritis, CDRM, old age,

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 12:08pm PST 
Hi - Does anyone have a dog who has PROBLEMS walking because of Hip dysplasia, arthritis, CDRM, old age, spinal etc...

Please let me know what you do to keep them mobile.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 4:56 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.