Postings by Guest ID 1028362

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Raw Food Diet > What can you get from Asian markets?

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:14am PST 
Don't forget to avoid dairy completelly then, because dairy produces veal. There is a direct corrolation between dairy production and consumption and veal production and consumption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdFOUbUZwQ&feature=r elated

Even organic dairy produces suffering and planetary environmental impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kM387cI4rk
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 26 1:33 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Do you have to include dairy in home cooked meals?

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:13am PST 
Milk and dairy is not needed other than the young of any given species. The dairy industry causes needless grieving and suffering. It taxes the planet, its ecosystem and its inhabitants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdFOUbUZwQ&feature=r elated

Even organic dairy produces suffering and planetary environmental impact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kM387cI4rk

Think about it next time you want to use dairy for yourself or dogs. There is not any need for it.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Torie, Apr 28 8:36 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Do you have to include dairy in home cooked meals?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 4:18pm PST 
Kolbe go ahead and argue.

What do you think of the information in this book?

He makes a pretty good case. Let me know when you've read all 64 pages.

http://www.vegandognutritionassociation.com/vegandogs.pdf
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Torie, Apr 28 8:36 pm

Raw Food Diet > No veggies with raw?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 3:35pm PST 
Dogs can manifacture their own taurine.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Millie, CGC, Apr 29 9:29 am

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 2:01pm PST 
Taggert it sounds like you have read Dogs from Coppinger. I am currently reading it. I enjoyed your post which was thought provoking. And I agree about dairy. If dogs do indeed need meat and cannot throve on a vegan diet, I cannot be convinced by any source that I should feed them dairy. the dairy industry is a sick one indeed, profitting from the pain and suffering of dairy cows and their newborns. The babies are taken from their mothers and are put into tiny crates and fed an iron deficient diet so that 4 months later they can be slaughtered for their bland tender meat. they cannot see sunlight or move around in their crate.

The cows are then insiminated again so they can bare another baby (it's the only way they can produce and produce milk). At about 4 years old, they collapse from exhaustion and their used amd bruised body is sold to fast food chains for cheap meat.

All for NOTHING but human greed and selfishness. We or our dogs do not need to consume dairy.

I am presently looking for small, organic facilities where I can get some meat for our rescue. I will also feed organic eggs (though the hens do not need to be insiminated and can have good chicken lives, they still end up at the slaughter house where a lot of malpractice takes place).

Lucile, a rabbit is out of the question. Even if I or anyone decides to feed vegan to their dog (and there is still a great need for research and studies before anyone confirms this is so bad), it is much better than having those dogs killed because at least it's another dog rescued.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Torie, Apr 28 8:36 pm

Raw Food Diet > No veggies with raw?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 1:50pm PST 
I don't believe there is a clear cut answer as to what a dog is suppoed to eat to thrive. There needs to be a lot of research done. in the meantime I have heard that even well designed vegan diets can produce very healthy dogs. I for one am still researching and have found that it is said that there is nothing about a vegan diet that cannot meet the nutritional requirements of a dog. All you need, I read, to do it combine the grains and legumes properly.

I am not convinced so in the meantime I lean to home cooked, but I will make the necessary sacrifices to provide organic meats and eggs.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Millie, CGC, Apr 29 9:29 am

Raw Food Diet > What can you get from Asian markets?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 1:46pm PST 
I will not feed kibble, so there you go.

And I'd sooner feed organic kibble (if I could be sure that it was indeed organic) than the "worst factory formed animals". Any day.

Just because in our culture we value dogs as companions doesn't mean that we can put other animals under the worst conditions and be ok with that.

With a little saving and determination it's possible to cut down and spend more money on quality food for your family and companion dogs. We for one seldom go to the restaurant, we rent movies at the library, we buy clothes at second hand places most of the time.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 26 1:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Same-sex aggression?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 1:41pm PST 
All you had to do was explain and now that you did I understand better.

Now that I see what kind of dog owner you are it makes more sense to choose even a working breed. As long as you meet the dog's needs.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ava, Apr 26 6:01 pm

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 5:55am PST 
I seem to have made a mistake regarding the high carb aspect of village dog nutrition. It appears they ate carcasses and bones, guts and heads, seeds and nutes, rotten vegetables and fruit.

I suppose today the high carb profile would be more accurate, since people's diets have changed.

I understand that the dog is a highly adaptive species.

I wonder though if it would not be preferable to feed "grains" that are more akin to plant seeds (not cereal grains), like buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth? Does anyone know?
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Torie, Apr 28 8:36 pm

Behavior & Training > Same-sex aggression?

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 4:46am PST 
In the light of what has been said about the risk for female-female aggression especially with border collies, in this thread, think about it well before you make a decision.

I don't understand why anyone would get a working dog, let alone a working border collie, for a companion dog.

Rescue a nice adult companion dog as a candidate. Let the rescue help you match him or her to your dog.

On your page it is also mentionned that her pet peeve is "most other dogs" (and "suspicious people"). Why add a dog to the home when yo need to focus on Ava right now, not add a puppy to the home. Ava needs you to focus on her.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Ava, Apr 26 6:01 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.