Postings by Guest ID 1019666

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Was I mean?

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 8:49pm PST 
I was at the dog park with a friend a few days ago and we were chatting about training. Now, I don't have a dog but I've grown up with and around them. One thing I've noticed is a quick way to stop them from jumping is just to raise your leg so they jump into the side of your knee.

I've done it for years and never heard a dog yelp or be afraid of me afterwards.

However, when I mentioned that to my friend, a bystander threatened to call the cops on us for animal abuse!

The dog is not abused. He's just a socially gregarious puppy who's still learning limits and training. He thinks that EVERYONE wants to be jumped on and smothered in kisses.

Is it really so horrible to let a dog jump into your knee?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 5:22 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Home Needed

Barked: Mon Aug 19, '13 5:33pm PST 
*message from my sister*

We are looking for a loving home for our one year old black lab mix (likely border collie). We adopted him 5 months ago and have tried so very, very hard to make it work. However, we have come to the heartbreaking realization that he needs more than we can give him because we have two toddlers and small house and yard. He is a loving, fun, HIGH energy dog. We want to be involved in finding him a better suited home because we love him and we know him really well and know the kind of home he needs. If anyone can help us with leads, it would mean the world to us and our "Zoomer."
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 19 5:33 pm

Dogster Railroad > Home Needed

Barked: Mon Aug 19, '13 5:32pm PST 
*message from my sister*

We are looking for a loving home for our one year old black lab mix (likely border collie). We adopted him 5 months ago and have tried so very, very hard to make it work. However, we have come to the heartbreaking realization that he needs more than we can give him because we have two toddlers and small house and yard. He is a loving, fun, HIGH energy dog. We want to be involved in finding him a better suited home because we love him and we know him really well and know the kind of home he needs. If anyone can help us with leads, it would mean the world to us and our "Zoomer."
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 19 5:32 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive dog coming into yard!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 11:27am PST 
We've increased the height of the fence multiple times but where there's a will...
We also have dug logs into the bottom so he shouldn't be able to dig under

Mom and Dad don't want to call animal control but I think they should. I really believe that Koda will get picked up once and they'll realize how serious it is!

He's such a big dog I worry that it will be my young nephews who get attacked. I'm even having nightmares over it!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 21 4:17 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Aggressive dog coming into yard!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:41pm PST 
Apparently so.
*sighs*
I'm disliking this more and more.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 4:22 pm

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:01pm PST 
*update* Koda is an unaltered male in an all male, three dog pack. Their all unaltered and once a year, Koda is used as a stud
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 4:17 pm

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:01pm PST 
*update* Koda is an unaltered male in an all male, three dog pack. Their all unaltered and once a year, Koda is used as a stud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 4:22 pm

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:51pm PST 
Koda is the rottie/pit/mix of my parents neighbor. He's very friendly with the neighbors and their other dogs! He kisses and plays, he's a good dog.

However!~Koda has slowly expanded *his* territory into my parents yard! It started a few years ago with him jumping the fence and peeing on a tree. Then it turned into him jumping the fence and barking at my parents and guests.

Now he's jumping the fence and snarling with teeth bared! He's even started to lunge and snap!

The neighbors are keeping him indoors when their not out in the yard but we'd all like to see this resolved with him having room to run.

I have no idea why my parents let it get to this point before they've tried anything but *shrug*
So far, they've had the neighbors bring Koda over and give him pettings and treats-to make peace...

Ironically, this has only made the aggressive trips more intense and more frequent.
The worst bit is, my mother works from home....

So, any tips? My boyfriend says to get pepper spray and when Koda gets aggressive....
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 4:22 pm

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:49pm PST 
Koda is the rottie/pit/mix of my parents neighbor. He's very friendly with the neighbors and their other dogs! He kisses and plays, he's a good dog.

However!~Koda has slowly expanded *his* territory into my parents yard! It started a few years ago with him jumping the fence and peeing on a tree. Then it turned into him jumping the fence and barking at my parents and guests.

Now he's jumping the fence and snarling with teeth bared! He's even started to lunge and snap!

The neighbors are keeping him indoors when their not out in the yard but we'd all like to see this resolved with him having room to run.

I have no idea why my parents let it get to this point before they've tried anything but *shrug*
So far, they've had the neighbors bring Koda over and give him pettings and treats-to make peace...

Ironically, this has only made the aggressive trips more intense and more frequent.

So, any tips? My boyfriend says to get pepper spray and when Koda gets aggressive....
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 4:17 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Good apartment dog?

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 5:27pm PST 
Well, this isn't for a year. Quite possibly a little longer-I'd want to be settled in before adopting a dog. Call it 13months lol.

The closest city to me is Quakertown or Perkasie PA
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 9:08 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.