Postings by Guest ID 1013741

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And now Kaluha is gone too

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 12:11am PST 
Asher and Kaluha's momma,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that its hard to loose something that has become a part of you. You loved them both and I'm happy to have seen it on dogster. You gave Kaluha the best gift of all, He passed away to the rainbow bridge in the arms of someone who loved him. He didn't have to take a shot from the vet to go peacefully, he left on his own in the arms of someone who loved him very very much. I'm sure he and Asher are playing together again. Running through grassy fields and chasing balls thrown from the guardians of that wonderful place. They both are not in pain and I'm also sure that when your time comes they will great you with open paws and you all will be together again. In fact I know you will. If it helps I woke up to a cat that I loved dearly who passed away at the edge of my bed curled up asleep. He had feline Aids. He lived a loving long life. *Hugs* I will send some good thoughts your way tonight. rainbowhughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug|: |hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 12:30 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Adopting to Family rant & advise needed.

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 1:22pm PST 
What I would do is get someone else from your rescue to deal with your Aunt. Interview her and all the like and like some of the others have said put her on a probation period and if pup isn't aquetnly being cared for deal with it then. When I had to rehome my dog last year due to relationship difficutlties and health issues my dad ( who would let this dog off leash in a unsecured area with a HIGH prey drive) wanted to adopt him. I refused and listed the reasons why. He is still mad at me bout it but I made the right choice my placing him ( the pup) with my Sister who has too dogs of her own both rescues, Both well cared for. She even did her research on the pups breed and understood what his personality would be and what would work and what would not. I'd have your aunt and uncle ( if they really want the pup) do research on three legged pups, maybe even give them some reading material on dogs with disabilities and see if they do take it seriously. If they don't you have your answer.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 3 6:19 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Match (Tillers help wanted!)

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 10:32pm PST 
Oddly enough the dog you have kinda described is similar to my Lab. He follows me everywhere and will play fetch and other games. He also is very snugly and loving ( even crawling under my covers and snuggling my tummeh which is cute since I'm pregnant.) He also learns very quickly and is highly intelligent. The only pit fall is as puppies they have TONS of energy till they grow out of it which from what I've heard is round 3. So if you were to get a lab I'd honestly if I was you go to a shelter or rescue and look at labs round the 3 yr mark. other than the energy issue my pup has been a lovely asset to our home.( fyi I walk him play with him take him to my father in laws back yard to play with the neighbors dog and with his own pup and my pup will still run laps round the house like sonic the hedgehog.)
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jan 9 6:12 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > "he's a service dog"...

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 10:48pm PST 
Me I have the Opposite problem, once friends and family found out I had a ESA they kept calling him a SD. and would refuse to help us take him to things like dog park and puppy classes as at the time we didn't have a car and had to use public Transit. It was horrid, Till the Trainer for my puppy class explained to my hubby the difference as she has a Therapy dog and a ESA. I swear to gods sometimes though people drive me nuts by insisting that I can take my pup into places I can't.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Feb 1 3:02 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Family has issues with me having ESA

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 8:07pm PST 
Hubby has just told me to sod them as its the last straw. They didn't help when his step mom was dying and he is fed up with the holier than thou attitude. I'm trying not to let it bug me too much. Pup eats three times a day ( a cup three times a day ) so I do remember to eat and will snuggle with me when I'm really depressed. He goes under the covers where my tummy is ( I lay and sleep on my side) and will lick my face and nuzzle me, nibble on my ear and make me laugh when I'm litterly sobbing my eyes out for no reason. So the depressive sessions are shorter as he distracts me from the bad feelings and reminds me I have two small loving beings who count on me now ( baby included) He litterly has a few times come and dropped bags of goldfish in my lap while I'm in bed just to get me up or to get me to eat.( haven't trained him to do it he just does it) He is a life savor and I love him as much as I do my unborn child and my hubby he is part of my family and if they can't get round the fact that I'm 100 times better with him than without him its on them and there isn't anything that can be done to change it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 5:46 pm

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 9:48pm PST 
Its just hard. I've had my pup since last march. We have done everything that we could think of to take good care of him ( having to look for a new vet but thats beside the point). He is still a Pup and yes I know its against the norm to have a actually puppy as a ESA ( he is round 10 months now will be a year in January)Honestly my hubby gave him to me as a present after the doctor suggested I get a dog to help since before while on the meds I was emotionally drained. I would on days when I wasn't taking care of my dying step mom in law ( She died from cancer on our wedding ani of this year) lay in bed all day. Not be around anyone and at one point was nearly hospitalized from my body refusing food for a long time. ( more than a few days) just from the stress of what was going on in my head from other stuff. It just hurts as I wish I could just for one minute trade places and what is going to be the answer when I have my baby? >_< I'm just angry.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 5:46 pm

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 6:12pm PST 
I haven't made a topic in a while I guess its cause I thought for a moment that well.... it was in my head till my hubby and his aunt followed by his sister who got involved.

you see normally hubby and I buy Christmas presents for all the nieces and nephews but this year because of finances and the need for medical stuff over presents we had to explain that we couldn't do it this year as we are barely making ends meet. My hubby is a Army vet so for the moment we are living off of his retired pay and what little he makes from school. Not to mention we are also expecting. So things are pretty tight and we are having to make hard choices. I have a ESA to help with the depressive and manic episodes that come with bipolar. Even when not expecting I can't take antidepressants due to the fact that something in them makes my condition worse and can cause things that are undesirable.

But anyway here is my issue. The families answer to out problem is to get rid of my dog. They kept saying ( the aunt and sister) that there is meds for my stuff and that they don't understand why I can't take them. They don't seem to understand that without the pup I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning or anything. Hubby is really frustrated too. How can I handle this?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 5:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > My dog eats fruit!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 7:49am PST 
Oh boy caught my guy counter surffing tomatoes. So I guess we can add those to the list as well. He is only 6 months and loves this stuff if I'm eating some and don't give him any he gets all mopey and stuff its actually pretty cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 4:43 am

Food & Nutrition > My dog eats fruit!

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 10:21pm PST 
My young pup loves the following: Strawberries, Bananas,Apples,Carrots, and cucumbers. all very health for dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 4:43 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > About the Army's Restrictions on Service Dogs

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '12 12:55am PST 
You have to keep in mind that the policy's are there for a reasons as stated above. In the Army, Navy, Marines, Air force ect. You have to go through certain channels. You can't just go all whillie nillie pick a doc and go from there. Why? b/c that leaves it wide open for someone to abuse the system and in the Military the number one priority is not only the safety of the individual solider but to the ones also of the ones around the soldier. That includes the civilans working on base and the kids and spouses of said soldier and other soldiers. You have to remember that in the military it isn't bout not helping those whom suffer from PSTD and other mental health problems but its bout also keeping everyone else safe and also keeping said soldier from being ostersized (sp).

Look I'm not saying that soldiers shouldn't have SDs (as I know someone is going to say that is what I'm sayin) I'm just explaining FROM A SOLDIERS POINT OF VIEW ( as I did serve and no I'm not yelling) and from THE POINT OF VIEW OF A WIFE OF A IRAQI VET whose husband suffers from said mental health problems that there are reasons as to why certain regulations are there. Yes they suck. Yes they are a pain in the butt to follow especially if you feel like you are being stiffed by said unit. BUT a good chunk of the time they are there so someone can't pass off a ( this is a example) aggressive, untrained, dangerous dog off as a ESA or a SD. Its so no one gets hurt which is the reason why 99.9999% of the military's rules and regulations are in place. Yes they seem stupid most of the time and no your not going to always understand them especially if you have no family or have never been in the service yourself ( that includes spouses btw) But the regs are there for a reason so even though right now they seem like a pain in the butt.... when something happnens you'll be glad 9 times out of 10 that the regs are there. The regs don't just protect the soldier they protect the family as well. Please try to remember that.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:04 am

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.