Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Sudden Fear of the Car
Kelso

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 8:07am PST 
Ava & Nix,

Looked up the thunder shirt and have ordered it. The price isn't bad at all. If it can help my little guy without drugs it will be awesome. I read some reviews and someone said it even helped with their dog that barks at every slight noise that he hears.

Hopefully it'll work on that too.

Sorry if I hijacked this post..
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 8:07 am

Behavior & Training > Sudden Fear of the Car
Kelso

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 7:37am PST 
Ava & Nix,

What's a Thunder shirt?

My new rescue Kelso goes ballistic in the car. He cries and howls. DH keeps saying that he thinks Kelso is associating the car with being abandoned by his former owners.

We went on an hour long car ride on Sunday and he cried and was howling the whole time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 5 8:07 am

Behavior & Training > Does your dog have an arch nemesis?

Kina

AKA Weasel!! or- Ultimate Lap- dog!!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 9:36am PST 
Sadie's arch nemesis was this golden retriever that this lady walks every day. From the day we moved in whenever she'd go after this golden like it was her worst enemy.

And the weirdest thing is when she got sick and could no longer run, Kina decided to take over the reins!

So now Kina who was never bothered by this dog now goes ballistic whenever she sees him. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 7:06 am

Behavior & Training > My little rescue is doing fantastic!

Kelso

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 9:19am PST 
Hi all,

This is Kelso, the failed foster I was mentioning to you under Kina's post from last week.

I just wanted to update you on how well he is doing. I have to admit I almost gave up on him as he did have some food aggression. cry

He actually pounced on Kina when she walked by him as he was laying next to his bone. I've never dealt with a dog that had food aggression, and wasn't sure what I was going to do.

I was actually proud that I didn't freak out when I saw him pounce on Kina to protect his bone. Kina got out of there like a bat out of he!!

I jumped in and put my hand on Kelso's side and in not even a minute he was laying on his back and was now being submissive with me. This is when Kina came and layer right next to him.

I then claimed the bone. I worked at this for a day and now I can go and take his bone away with no problem.

When I first saw him jump at Kina like he did, I was afraid that I was not going to be able to solve this on my own. I have to admit that I sat there for a good hour afterwards contemplating on what I was going to do with him.

Then I thought about his previous owners who gave him up made him this way because they never taught him what was right.

I couldn't do this to him either and that it wasn't his fault that he was the way he was and that I could teach him to trust us with a little patience.

A little patience is all it took. In a matter of a week and 2 days, he and Kina are now like two peas in a pod. He has a furever home now.

He's such a gentle sweet little guy

I lost my Sadie girl in April and I know she wouldn't have wanted me to give up on this little guy just like I never gave up on her when I rescued her.

Btw rescues are the best!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 9:19 am

Behavior & Training > Help! I just recued a 6 year old poodle Bichon mix!

Kina

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 4:31am PST 
I was suppose to be his foster, but when I saw him my heart broke and I decided that I had to keep him. So in other words he was a failed foster.

The place the rescue and I got him from we're going to put him down on Staturday. The lady for from the rescue was so angry with the condition he was in. They gave him to her without even a collar.

She had just picked him up when I met her at her house. She said the poor thing cried the whole drive to her house.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 28 3:01 am

Kina

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 5:18am PST 
There's nothing better to waking up to kisses from a Rescue! smile

After settling down last night, he's doing so much better this morning.

He's actually really sweet.

I've noticed that by ignoring his bad behavior it doesn't take long for him to stop. He's actually really good.

I lost my 14 and a half year old Lhasa Bichon mix a month and a half ago who was also a little dog that no one wanted when I took her in. I wish she could have lived forever.

My coworker told me about this little guy that was scheduled to be euthanized yesterday because his family didn't want him because they bought a boat! How could I not take in another dog that no one wanted. It's as if Sadie told me that it was time and that I was ready to take another one in.

We're calling him Kelso.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 28 3:01 am

Kina

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 8:15pm PST 
Hi there,

I just brought home a 6 year old poodle Bichon mix that was suppose to be put down today.

He was absolutely disgusting when I set my eyes on him. God only knows when the last time he was bathe. I was gagging while bathing him and the poor thing was crying the entire time. cry

I stayed strong and didn't let him know how heart broken I was to see him this ways.

Anyways he's had a great bath and I trimmed the poop out of his butt and male parts and cleaned up his face and eyes. He is so funny and yet so gentle when taking treat.

The problem I've seeing with him is the he cries for attention. He is after me all the time. I was trying to re-read the rescue contract and he started howling at me and he was on his back legs with his front paw waving at me.

As I started writing this he was just after me and just crying and howling. I completely ignored him. Kina is sitting on my ottoman at my feet just staring at him like "what the heck is your problem bud?"

He has come down now and looks like he's trying to find a spot to lay down yet is restless and sorta pacing and will let out a muff (not quite a bark)

Does anyone have any other tricks?

One other thing I went to the garage for something and he barked and barked and barked the entire time. How in the wold am I going to fix that?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 28 3:01 am

Behavior & Training > Am I grieving? Pooping in the house afraid to go outside alone...

Kina

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 9:43pm PST 
Thanks Missy. I even started looking into training classes. Kina loves her ball so much I thought of even maybe starting fly ball with her. I'm sure we'd both enjoy that.

We'll get through this. Thanks again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:43 pm

Behavior & Training > Am I grieving? Pooping in the house afraid to go outside alone...

Kina

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 5:24pm PST 
Thanks Jax.

We're taking care of our neighbors Chocolate Lab for the weekend. Her and Kina are best buds so hopefully that'll help.

I think the fact that I'm not taking Sadie's passing well either isnt helping issues either. cry

I'll continue to be patient and take it one day at a time.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:43 pm

Kina

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 9:31am PST 
Hi everyone,

I haven't visited in a while.

Sadie passed away of heart failure on the 8th of April. I try to make it look like I ok, but I will not go outside by myself. I'm pooping in the house.

I will go out with mom on our walk before she heads to work. It takes me forever to go.

When daddy gets home, he'll come out with me because I will not leave the back deck. Sometimes I'll ask to go back in the house and poop on the floor when daddy isn't looking.

Mom and Dad are grieving so I have been going to give them extra hugs and kisses.

Do mom and dad have to revert back to the basics to get me to go outside again?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:43 pm

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.