Postings by My Family

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Opinion of PETFLOW.COM

Louie II

Born to be a- Velcro V!

Barked: Fri Jul 8, '11 8:20am PST 
I have been receiving my dry kibble from PetFlpw.com for 6 months now without incident and I am sorry to hear you and your mom had a bad experience but in defense of PetFlow, my mom has something to add that your mom may or mot have been aware.
During the time that you got very sick certain Merrick chews and treats had been recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination at the manufacturing plant which could well have been the cause of your illness. My mom is a medical technologist so she understands all about intestinal organisms,parasites and worms and a lot more.
I am a 55 lb.Vizsla and now have a 16 mo. old 78lb. Lab pack mate. We go through a 25 lb. bag of dry kibble every 3 weeks so my mom is HAPPY to have THAT DELIVERED! Sorry your mom had a bad experience with PetFlow, I hope they made good on the products and I hope you are feeling better. Louie II and Coal
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 8:20 am

Food & Nutrition > Opinion of PETFLOW.COM
Louie II

Born to be a- Velcro V!

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 6:03am PST 
We have been receiving Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit dry kibble in the 25 lb bag without incident for the past three months for our two dogs and have been very pleased with the service thus far. I found the Petflow website from their ad on facebook.Coal, our 14 mo. old 80 lb. black Lab and Louie, our 3 yr. old Vizsla are in great shape and thrive on Instinct's Rabbit.

With regards to the Merrick products, in the early part of 2011 which I believe was either January or February, they had a recall of some of their treats due to salmonella contamination, check the AKC website under food recalls or either the VET help section as I am not certain where I saw it.

I was just on the AKC website this week so I know that it was recently. I am AMAZED and frankly APPALLED that these sort of occurences happen and yet no one informs us as consumers, unless you happen to become ill whetere it is you or a loved one.

As dog lovers and owners, we just have to stay vigilant but it is up to us to stay informed whether our loved ones are two-legged or four-legged.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 8:20 am

Vizsla > Pointing

Louie II

Born to be a- Velcro V!

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 11:36am PST 
Vizsla's are Hungarian Pointers and with a dog's eyesight being far better than ours chances are they saw something that you were not able to see right off. Our Vizsla is now one year old and has been pointing since he was 4 months old. His point is far more defined than when he was younger but he points beautifully now. In fact, when his head lowers, back and tail straight out in perfect line you can bet he has something in his sights, usually a bird. It's in the breed!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 20 6:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.