Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > What breeds is Cheeva?
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 3:37pm PST 
I would say a heeler/lab. Our dog Bandit looked almost the same but he had that block head of a pit or american bulldog. Take a look at his picks on his profile.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 19 6:43 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog keeps breaking out cage
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 7:01pm PST 
Our dog Bandit was an escape artist when it came to crates. We first had one like you have. Bandit could push the door open also. I came home one day and the top was completely off. I don't know how he managed to do that but he did. Anything I tried with that cage he could get out. I think the problem with those cages are the way they are put together. The edges just have those hooks (can't think of a better name for them) that just go around the bars to keep the cage together.

I ended up getting a thinker metal cage and the sides were held together by actualy fasteners that were about three inches long instead of just a hook to keep it all together. It was a pretty heavy duty cage but Bandit couldn't break out of that one. We found ours at a yard sale so we only paid $10 for it. I would suggest running around on a nice weekend looking at yard sales to see if you could find one like that.

I think the only way to keep him in that kind of cage is to tie it all together on all of the sides including the door when you put him in there.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 8:10 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Male or Female Dog? Have an Only Child (son)?

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 5:54am PST 
I have had females and male dogs. I think that the females do have that different maternal instinct that males just don't. Not to the extent that they are going to be like the nanny dog from PeterPan but I think more along the line that they are going to protect them more. All of the males have been more of a best friend. I don't know if that makes sense the way I worded it I can't think of a better way to put it.

If you wanted a dog that will be best buds with your son then i would get a male. If you want a dog that will love the entire family then get a female. I think the way Bamm Bamm said it actualy is what I mean. BOL Females love you and males are in love with you.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 9:14 am

Puppy Place > Guess Sam's breed?

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 24, '11 8:04am PST 
I agree with the basset/lab also.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Leash Reactive

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 5:56pm PST 
I just got both of these books (scaredy dog and control unleashed) I have looked more into the Scaredy Dog and it looks great so far. I will be ready both and from a quick skim threw they both look gooda dn very informative.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 8:49 am

Behavior & Training > Is he reactive or dog aggressive? Which and how to fix it?
CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 10:55am PST 
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I think COdy is a very well rounded dog and I can get the handle on this before it excalades into something really bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 10:55 am

Puppy Place > Puppy food?

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 5:45pm PST 
I feed my pups Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul large breed puppy. It is reasonably priced and a good quailty dog food. TOTW is made by Diamond and CSPLS is there step down from TOTW. After my pups turn a year then I will feed them TOTW.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 7:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Is he reactive or dog aggressive? Which and how to fix it?

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 9:52am PST 
I forgot the topic that started the entire thread. red face If I get him more mentally stimulated and more focused on me then this should help his reaction with other dogs.

How do I help the way he wants to approch other dogs? Or will all of this extra trainging help with that.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 10:55 am

CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 7:38am PST 
Thanks for the links! I think I always made clicker training harder then it really is.

My days focus around the kids and Cody sinse I am a TAHM. For the most part he gets tired I think it is physical not mental.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 10:55 am

Behavior & Training > What are the most important tricks that you've ever taught your dog?
CODY

Bird chaser!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 6:22am PST 
For us leave it has been a life saver out in the desert. This has saved them from mamma cows watching over there calfs, rattlesnakes, skunks, dead animals, ect. By far my the best thing I have taught my dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 17 5:38 pm

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.