Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dog Health > Lilly's sick.. We don't know whats wrong?
Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 10:14am PST 
Ahh! Sorry for the late response as you all can imagine things are a little hectic but I do have an update! We dropped Lilly off for surgery at 7am today were picking her up in about two hours, we haven't heard anything yet but I'm sure shes okay. She started eating just this morning (After almost a week!) which is a huge relief! Thanks everyone for your supporthug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:29 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 2:38pm PST 
The vet did give her some antibiotics that should keep her okay until the surgery, I really do hope she gets better confused
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:29 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 2:16pm PST 
Thanks for your support everyone smileWe went to the vet and found out that she has a uterus infection and she will have to have it surgically removed... The vet said she isn't healthy right now and not a good candidate for surgery but at this point theres really nothing else to do confused We got back from the vet and Lilly still hasn't eaten anything (Its been almost five days and she's gone from 10.7 lbs to 9.11) We've tried chicken soup with rice, baby food, cheese, ham, fruit like apples and everything she just refuses to eat... Any suggestions on what to try?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:29 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 8:16am PST 
We're going to the vet in two hours, the emergency vet was too expensive. Wish us luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:29 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 3:12pm PST 
Hi! My dog Lilly is about 13-14 years old and went into heat a couple of days ago, when she did she got really sick; she hasn't eaten anything in almost four days, she won't drink unless you bring her to the bowl and sit with her, she hasn't been barking like usual when the laundry or the doorbell goes off, she stopped walking about two days ago.. she can stand but will plop back down immediately. Everyone in the family is really worried but the vet can't see her until Monday, can anyone think of whats wrong with her or what we can do to help? Thankssmile
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:29 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Venting/Would animal shelters do this?
Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 6:22pm PST 
I'm thinking about all of this and I found what shelter they adopted the dog from but how would I let them know about the living conditions of my friend's house? Email them and say so and so adopted a dog and I think she shouldn't have it? confused
I'm also researching for places that give out vaccines at a low cost etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 8:48 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 5:50pm PST 
Oliver: I would do all that only thing is I moved away over the summer and I now live two and a half hours away... :/
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 8:48 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Sun Nov 28, '10 2:21pm PST 
Ugh :/ I would so much rather have that dog live in a shelter than there... I really hope they take care of it too frown
Charlie: They got it from a county animal shelter... Not very strict rules I guess
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 8:48 am

Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Sat Nov 27, '10 2:51pm PST 
So my best friend and I are both in high school, her younger sister (Also in high school) has been wanting to get a dog for a while. I told them not to get a dog because they already have a cat and I don't think their home is the best for a dog especially a big one. They live in a trailer park where there are TONS of stray cats and dogs, they don't have a lot of money at all- My friend told me their cat has never been to a vet because they can't afford it. I told them getting another animal would probably be a bad idea because
a. The dog most likely won't get walked since they live in such a bad area and the parents don't like their kids walking around.
b. They will never be taken to the vet.
c. My friend dogsat once and Lilly came back with fleas- They probably can't afford Frontline or Advantix so is their dog going to live flea infested?
and many other reasons I can name. So today my friend called and said her sister got a shepherd mix puppy from an animal shelter eek I can't believe they actually went to get a dog (This is the venting part xD) But I also can't believe the animal shelter let them adopt the dog... Don't animal shelters do checks to see if the animal is actually being placed in a good home?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 8:48 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Breeds you want to own?
Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 5:27pm PST 
Sadie and Oakley: Its okay I have a 10 lbs shih tzu and I want big dogs too laugh out loud never heard of the Kai Ken though...
Cooper: Can never have too many dots(: I would love a great dane also.. They're GORGEOUS dogs but a little too big for me I think XD
Tika: Norrbottenspets are absolutely adorable!! I don't know too much about the breed though heh
I'm probably going to have mostly mutts in my life too- I don't actually think I'll ever buy a dog from a breeder.. There is just something about rescuing a dog
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 2:20 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.