Postings by Floppy's Family

GO!

Senior Dogs > What is the oldest Basset Hound out there?

Floppy

Queen of the- farm.

Barked: Wed Aug 31, '11 5:49pm PST 
My basset hound Floppy is 9 1/2 now and she is still very active and loves her KibblesnBits (Homestyle). I have noticed her slowing just a little when she comes up the steps on the back deck. She has to be the most active basset hound I have ever seen. Her first couple of years was her being confined to a very small dog pen. When I got her we built her a large dog lot and let her out everyday to let her run and play with the other dogs (She will not sleep if she is not locked behind a gate, before someone snaps at me for her being in a dog lot. Her dog lot is the entire back yard we spent $2000 fencing in an area for her). She has been with us for 7 1/2 yrs she has gone from 24 lbs to 50 lbs but she is not a small dog. The vet says she is very healthy and in great shape. I worry that her time is limited with me but who knows she could live manymore years. We had another basset hound Elvis that lived to be 13 yrs old.

I would like to know who has older basset hounds and how old they are. I would love for my baby to live as long I do but I know that will never happen. I know I should not be so attached to a dog but she is like one of my children.

Her beautiful brown markings on her face a slowing turning gray.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by The Hounds of Bassetville +3, Apr 5 8:28 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.