Postings by Timber- Gone Too Soon's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > A Sad Goodbye
Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 2:31pm PST 
On October 22, 2012 we said fair well to our dearest boy Timber. Timber was a wolf-dog male we rescued 4 years ago from a terrible situation and gave him a happy life for the remainder of his years. We are so sad we couldn't have had more than 4 years with him, a tumor that we were unaware of suddenly ruptured in his chest and took him almost instantly. He went surrounded by his people and close by to his kennel friends. He has left us with a pretty big hole in our hearts. The healing process continues on- little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alice, Nov 6 2:57 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > dog tag info
Juneau

Barked: Thu Apr 21, '11 2:35pm PST 
My humans get double sided dog tags from an engraving/trophy store...on the Front it has our names, on the back it has our address and 2 phone numbers! It actually cost less than the ones at Petsmart which means more toys for us! Woo-Woo!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Apr 23 8:56 am

Siberian Husky > is my husky puppy is too big...?

Denali

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 5:21pm PST 
Do you know anything about your pups parents? Often when breeders make a bad pairing (large bitch to large dog) the pups end up oversize or at the top of the standard...not a fault for a pet, it won't change who they are and how much you love them...detrimental to breeding hopes and show dreams as mentioned in prior posts.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kato, Apr 26 4:46 pm

Siberian Husky > Your Huskies weight and Age?

Juneau

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 5:06pm PST 
Dakota- 7 years old 56lbs
Juneau- 5 years old 45lbs
Diamond (mix)- 3 years old 48lbs
Denali- 5 months old 28lbs (guess he was 18 at his last vet appt and he grew since!)
[notify]
» There has since been 57 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 5:45 pm

Siberian Husky > Has anyone ever shaved their Husky?

Denali

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 4:57pm PST 
Unless it is medically necessary NEVER shave a Siberian Husky! Siberian Huskies guard hair is used to keep them cool, they are hollow that guides cooler air to the skin. Also Sibes don't have any pigment in their skin so they are easily subjected to sun burns and increased risk of melanoma (skin cancer!). The hair is permanently ruined and often does not grow back with the same consistency and does not protect as well, it does take a long time to grow back, and it throws off the natural shedding process. Shaving for any other reason outside of medical only serves one purpose, makes the human feel better...unfortunately the dog suffers.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Denali, Apr 16 4:57 pm

Siberian Husky > Eye color?
Denali

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 4:51pm PST 
For a good Siberian Husky Eye Color explanation go here:

http://www.huskycolors.com/eye.html

I'd call your dogs eyes either Amber or light brown.

My Sibes Juneau, Dakota, and Diamond (mix) all have blue eyes, my little boy Denali has brown eyes.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Foxie, Jul 21 2:45 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Wolfdogs

Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 5:20pm PST 
He's been evaluated by wolfdog people that have been saving wolfdogs for more years than I have been on this earth, people who testified as experts on the breed in state legislature proceedings, I will take their recomendation on his (and my others) content. Its not just about "pink ears".

From Tamaskan dog club of america- tamaskans have been bred to look like wolves and have a notable lupine appearance, although they contain no recent wolf ancestry
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Reagan, Jul 16 7:50 pm

Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 3:28pm PST 
There is a "breed" know as the Tamaskan Wolfdog that is no more wolf than my purebred Siberian huskies but looks as wolfy as any high content I have ever come across. My three are mid content. Rockie is arctic wolf malmute cross. He has the same coat as the arctic but a blockier head like a mal. His tail does not, and cannot, curl over his back as wolves tails aren't jointed in both direction. Timber is higher content timber wolf most likely mal crossed and he looks the part. But Tikaani is slightly lower, but knowing he is related to my timber keeps me aware that there is wolf in that boy even if his tail curls a bit more than his relatives. Genetics is a funny "science" that doesn't always play by the rules as we think it should.
[notify]
» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by Reagan, Jul 16 7:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > Kong stuffing Ideas

Juneau

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 12:23pm PST 
In the summer we get kongs filled with frozen beef or chicken broth. Yum! Peanut butter was a favorite until we found one of us is allergic so now we get cheeses or oat meal (cooked and cooled) I love the ideas here too!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Mar 31 11:56 pm

Rockie

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 12:19pm PST 
I completely agree that the misrepresentation needs to stop. I can't tell you how many red/white blue eyed siberians I have met that are "high content" wolfdog. Give me a break! Having a wolfdog isn't a status claim it's a HUGE responsibility. As a "mom" of 3 woofers I have to make sure my kiddos are above and beyond behaved when we make trecks out in public. These are not just pets, they are wonderful companions as long as you understand your responsibility. In the wrong hands, the same as any breed, is where the problem lies.
[notify]
» There has since been 55 posts. Last posting by Reagan, Jul 16 7:50 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.