Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 79: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Home cooking on a budget.
Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 6:20pm PST 
Thanks Maxwell! Maybe I'll try that in the slow cooker tonight.
Do you know of any good websites with good recipes? I've got some books too but I'm trying to stick with some simple stuff.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 26 9:03 pm

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 12:24pm PST 
I used to be so obsessed with cooking for my dogs but it's been years and now I feel like I've lost all the knowledge I had.
I used to use a pressure cooker (when I still lived with my parents) and would let it cook until some of the smaller, softer bones were nice and crumbly and would pick out the rest. I also used the liquid left over from cooking veggies and some from the meat to mix in to make some of the food a little softer.
I've got a 2 lb bag of frozen green beans at home and I'm thinking about stopping to look at some of the meat on sale on my way home. How much meat should I use with that many green beans? Anything else I should add?
I'm sorry for so many silly questions. I feel like I'm in the remedial dog food class. BOL
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 9:03 pm

Dog Health > Help keeping my pups more active?

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 12:10pm PST 
Thanks guys. We're planning a trip to the park down the street tonight to play with the ball launcher and do some laps.
Also, I've been feeding canned (though I will have to start mixing it with kibble) in the mornings and only feeding kibble at night. I've definitely noticed them slowing down at dinner time. They all know they will be getting the "good stuff" for breakfast, so no point in eating stuff they don't love. Misty has had food left over a few times and I pick it up after a few minutes so she wont go back and nibble later.
We do play a lot of tug. It's hard to do much else in our apartment. We do play a little bit of fetch. They can't get up much speed but it does get an extra bit of activity in, and they LOVE it, which makes it worth it in my opinion.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 12:10 pm

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 12:26pm PST 
Hello everyone! Let me apologize now for any typos I miss. I'm writing this on my phone and it can be a pain.
I used to feed my dogs home made food for breakfast and high quality kibble for dinner.I stopped a few years ago because I just didn't have the time. I've recently become obsessed with what my dogs are eating again and started feeding canned food for breakfast and kibble for dinner. Between my three dogs I'm spending about $30a week just on canned food.
I would like to see if I can cook a week's with of home made breakfasts for less than what I'm spending on canned food. I'm really not sure if that's a realistic expectation. Vol
So basically, I'm looking for inexpensive, gain free, high protein, low carb recipes and any typos anyone has on saving money in cooking for my dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 9:03 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Playdates in or around Riverside, Ca?

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 6:16pm PST 
Hi! wave
I've got three dogs who really need a play date! Is there anyone in or around Riverside who would be interested in going for a walk or taking a trip to the park? Please let me know!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 6:16 pm

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 5:50pm PST 
Thanks for the response!
Our apartment isn't really big enough for hide and seek. There is a park down the street from us. It's not specifically a dog park but there are parts far away from the street and some baseball fields that are mostly fenced off. We walk them down there sometimes and have a picnic but it requires a lot of free time. Just to walk to the park and back is about an hour, and it's up hill the WHOLE way back which sucks during this time of year in the heat. But I'm gonna try to start going there at least once a week, maybe early on my days off or later in the evening if it's cool enough.
I try to maintain a pretty brisk pace on our morning walks. I don't have time to walk them much longer in the mornings. It takes about an hour just to get my coffee while I take care of all the animals (We've got a full house. 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds, and two hamsters). But now that my work schedule has gone back to normal I'm planning on doing a second walk after work.
I do have a lot of friend's with dogs. I work at a pet boutique and spa and we're all big dog lovers. But my best friend's dogs wont play and my brother's dog tends to start problems with the others. I've tried the local forums before. I think I'll try them again.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 12:10 pm

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 6:57pm PST 
I have three amazing dogs, Misty (4.5 y/o collie x), Cooper (3.5 y/o cocker) and LilBit (5y/o chih). Misty went to the vet yesterday for boosters and when I asked about her weight they said she is at a healthy weight but that she shouldn't gain anymore.
I feel that both of my other dogs are about in the same physical condition, the heavier end of healthy. While I know they don't really need to lose any wight, I want to take steps to get them a little more active and get them in better over all shape.
I've been feeding Misty according to the guidelines for a 50lb dog, but she weighed in yesterday at 64lbs! I schedule feed all my dogs (and cats, and one of them was deemed to be overweight yesterday) and I don't feed many treats. We walk for 30 mins at least 5 days a week. I will be trying to get more walks in, but does anyone have any suggestions about sneaking more activity into their day? We live in a 2nd story apartment so we can't play in the yard or anything, but we do play with lots of toys during the day and in the evenings. Any tips on sneaking extra activity into their day?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 12:10 pm

What I Love About Dogster > My wonderful boy Merlin

Cassie

Sometimes one- eye is better- than two!

Barked: Wed Feb 8, '12 6:55am PST 
I am in tears reading this. I too lost my sweet angel, Cassie, to cancer almost two years ago. Just yesterday I was looking through old Paw Messages and found several heart felt messages sent from fellow Dogsters during the hard days following her passing. Though I don't always maintain regular contact with all of my Dogster friends, this community will no doubt continue to play an important part in the life of myself and my beloved dogs.
Rest in peace, Merlin. I hope you cans Cassie are running on the other side of the Bridge together.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 6:55 am

Small Dogs > How much activity can my chi handle?

Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Tue Feb 7, '12 7:02pm PST 
Thanks! I will start looking for one!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 12 3:41 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Laws/regulations for selling home made dog food?
Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Tue Feb 7, '12 11:39am PST 
I'm trying to look into that right now. Does anyone here know of anyone else who sels home made pet food?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 5 8:14 pm

(Page 1 of 79: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.