Postings by MACH, C-ATCH Bailey RN, CGCA's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 175: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > Gus having a nice run in class--a little brag.
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 8:53am PST 
Nice run!! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, Sep 20 2:54 pm

Pomeranian > what color I§ my pom?

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 9:12am PST 
He's cute!! My guess is that he's an orange sable. He'll probably lose a lot of the darker hair once his adult coat comes in.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cillie, Aug 25 9:16 pm

Sports & Agility > Refusing weaves during agility trials

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 2:59pm PST 
I went through a period where Bailey was refusing the weaves sometimes, but definitely not all the time. After looking through his records I realized that he was having problems with them at a 2 ring trial on the road when we were staying at a hotel. Weird. Take one of those variables away, and he was fine. It was definitely stress of some sort. I stayed away from the situations that he wasn't comfortable in for awhile to keep things positive for him, and build confidence. If he refused/popped out of the weaves at a trial, I didn't put him back into them I just kept happily running past them, finished the course, and threw a big party at the end of the run so I wouldn't add more stress into the obstacle. In the meantime I was making a point to jackpot the weaves during practice a lot more frequently.

Look at your situation and see if you can find any patterns. It probably has a lot to do with going from weaving only once per day to having to do it 3-4 times per day at a trial and not having full confidence in it yet. Build tons of value into the obstacle and do what you feel is right for your situation in terms of adjusting your trialing schedule. Try to weave in different places so it's not something that you do only at the place where you train. It will come together.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, May 7 4:26 am

Sports & Agility > Funny obedience/agility stories

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 5:32am PST 
Great job choosing the ideal place to stop, Aslan! big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, Apr 30 11:57 am

Sports & Agility > Funny obedience/agility stories

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 2:05pm PST 
At Bailey's first agility trial he jumped through the ring gate (aaahhh the benefits of being small) after he noticed a piece of chicken on the ground outside the ring and had a snack.

At a recent CPE trial there was a dog who grabbed the gamble line tape in his mouth during Jackpot and started shaking it wildly then zooming around the general area with it in his mouth. The trial had a short intermission while they had to make a new line.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, Apr 30 11:57 am

Dog Health > Need Patella Info!
Saige

I wag my butt!

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 2:32pm PST 
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/01/11/ recognising-floating-knee-caps-in-pet-dogs.aspx

This is essentially the plan that I'm following with Saige to avoid surgery and she's been happy and active for nearly 3 years now. Unless it's a high enough grade that it's affecting their ability to move, it can be managed well without surgery.

I've been told that the dog will eventually develop arthritis with or without surgery, so don't let that be a deciding factor when deciding on treatment.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Cocoa Loco, Apr 7 7:38 am

Sports & Agility > Sarah earned her first titles!

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:44pm PST 
cheer Congratulations!!!! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Feb 20 4:57 pm

Sports & Agility > we are hoping you can help us and vote for Ted

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 3:17pm PST 
I voted. Good luck! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baby, Feb 16 12:44 pm

Sports & Agility > Keeping a dog calm at trials

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 1:59pm PST 
Will do! way to go I hope we do make it in.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 11 10:00 pm

Sports & Agility > Keeping a dog calm at trials

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 5:49pm PST 
Oh no, poor guy! I hope you get it cleared up quickly. I've never dealt with this so I don't have any real advice. How is he with drinking at trials? Maybe if you encouraged him to drink more, he'd be more likely to take care of business. I've resorted to sprinkling crumbs of freeze dried meat into Bailey's water to encourage him to drink at trials when I don't think he's keeping hydrated or use a water additive like http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product _ID=996&ParentCat=183

I've gotten word tonight that I'm wait listed for Crossroads. Hopefully I make it in.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 10:00 pm

(Page 1 of 175: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.