Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > Newbie Agility/Dock Diving Questions
Patriot-SDIT

Honest men- should not fear- the truth

Barked: Sun Jan 10, '10 10:33am PST 
I've flirted around with the idea before, but now I'm starting to really consider lessons with Patriot. It seems like a good way to get some exercise and bonding time.

So here are my questions:

First does anyone know of a good club for either sport in the Phoenix, AZ area? I think that needs to be the first place I start laugh out loud

Second does anyone know where to buy some good quality yet reasonable priced agility equipment? Better yet does anyone make their own?

ANY input about getting started, stories, good trainers/clubs, things I should know etc. will be appreciated!

Thank you all! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 5:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Howdy!
Laura-SD

Anything worth- it is not free

Barked: Tue Oct 20, '09 4:10pm PST 
Wow I haven't been on in a loooooooooong time! How are ya'll doing? hug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 6:55 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > SD Etiquette T-shirt

Laura-SD

Barked: Sat Sep 12, '09 12:03pm PST 
Roanna I saw that shirt when we went to GDB last spring for a graduation. I want one!! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 10:46 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > I\'m going to the hospital...:(

Laura-SD

Barked: Thu Sep 10, '09 4:25pm PST 
Get better Rosie! hug

You live in Canada right?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 10 5:21 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Help! What should I do???

Laura-SD

Barked: Mon Aug 31, '09 4:06pm PST 
I'm glad you went Rosie. For me it's all about not letting the panic attacks win way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 4:50 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What are the pros and cons of a owner trained SD/PSD DOG?
Patriot-SDIT

Honest men- should not fear- the truth

Barked: Sat Aug 29, '09 11:11am PST 
Woah SO confused right now laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:17 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > So I had Ando evaluated by a trainer.

Laura-SD

Barked: Sat Aug 29, '09 11:05am PST 
Hi Karla, Jasmine has been a member here for awhile now. She hasn't posted much, but that doesn't mean she got rid of her subscription.

I think the point was that she was just updating everyone on how she is doing. You can give her advice, but she just wanted to let everyone know that wasn't the point of her post.

Good luck Jasmine hug I'm sure whatever you decide will be what's best for you. You've been through a lot these past couple years and that has expanded your knowledge and maturity a great deal.

Best wishes! wishes

Just wanted to add that Ando is GORGEOUS. I want a German Shepherd like him big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 7:20 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Help! What should I do???

Laura-SD

Barked: Fri Aug 28, '09 8:46pm PST 
Hey Rosie. Girl I TOTALLY understand your pain. I almost gave up going to Colorado and Band Camp this summer. I'm very proud that I went to both and one without my phone which is like my life line.

I'm not on meds for my disorder, I'm able to control it myself. Usually it takes me a week to prepare for something like a concert or what not. Try to visualize what you think will happen before hand. See it in a positive light.

If you do have a panic attack make sure you know where the bathrooms are or things like that to go and escape to. Do you have a phone? I find that having a way of communicating with my parents really helps me get through things without having to go home. Just the fact that its 'there' helps me.

If you are able to mentally overcome your panic attacks like me, here is what I do. When I feel the panic starting (it usually comes through my legs) I stop what I'm doing and slow my breathing down and concentrate on not panicking. I talk to myself (not out loud of course) and remind myself that I'm here to have a good time and panic attacks are not, NOT going to ruin that. I also try to focus on other things.

My guess is that when you get to the concert and are there for a few minutes you will be semi ok. Half of my disorder is fear of the unknown and once I get over that its better.

I also try to remember that the people I'm with care about me and would never let anything bad happen.

Good luck sweetie. I was exactly in your place a few years back. Missing school, never seeing friends, gosh it was horrible. I'm still not over it, but its not as bad as before. I hope you find peace like I did someday.

hug hug
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 4:50 pm

Dog Health > Rimadyl-BEWARE!!

Shadow

I Survived- Pancreatic- Cancer!

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 8:34pm PST 
'I recently found out that human livers can only tolerate so much NSAID's in a 24 -hour period, then it becomes toxic.'

You should take a maximum of two every 4-6 hours only about once to three times in a 24 hour period. You can take more, but anything exceeding 6 doses CAN be dangerous. Like Addy said though that's the case with all over the counter meds. I have a chronic stomach issue, but ibuprofen is the only thing that works for a headache or 'that time of the month'. I take it once a day and suck it up the rest and I am just fine.

If a dog has had a reaction it is probably because they were allergic to it. If your dog is taking it for the first time monitor them for at least 12 hours.
If you want to know more just read the back of an ibuprofen bottle.

NSAIDs should never be taken or prescribed for long term use, nor should they be taken when there is no pain or inflammation. Also you should never take two medicines that contain an NSAID.
Other then that it is a safe drug if you treat it properly. You should know the risks and the benefits before taking any drug.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 8:44 am

Behavior & Training > working german shepherds
Laura-SD

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 10:50am PST 
'A good GSD is the total package - plus the elegance of their movement just takes my breath away'

Glad to know it's not just me! laugh out loud Seriously I could watch videos like the latest one you posted all day long. We have an annual Police K-9 trial close to where I live and I go every year. The dogs are just incredible!!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Aug 16 9:57 pm

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.