Postings by Chloe's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 162: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > Is the de-shedding service at the groomer's worth the $$$$ ?
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 12:52pm PST 
I got a couple of quotes today to get Chloe and Lia de-shedded. Both were in the $50-$75 range per dog. I'm just wondering if anyone has had it done to their dog and has feedback on whether or not it was worth the money. Like how long does it last and how much shedding does it really cut down on?

My baby just started crawling and she accumulates a disgusting amount of dog hair on her!! I vacuum daily and furminate my dogs at least once or twice a week but the shedding is still so out of control!!

eek
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Brigantia - CGC CGCA, Nov 12 3:20 pm

Dog Health > Dog hair and babies! help!
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 7:52am PST 
Ya, I suppose it may come down to having to put up a gate between the living room and kitchen. The way our house is set up, that would only give the dogs access to the kitchen, basement (partially finished), and backyard. That would certainly almost solve the dog hair problem, but OMG Chloe would throw a fit and probably get really depressed lol. She was our first "baby"!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jul 28 10:51 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 7:40am PST 
OMD! This thread is STILL GOING! waveway to gocheerwave

I haven't been on dogster in YEARS lol!
[notify]
» There has since been 4615 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 3:48 pm

Dog Health > Dog hair and babies! help!

Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 7:27am PST 
I'm posting this under dog health but really it is about my baby's health! I am a new mom and need advice from other moms.

We have three dogs and one cat. All three of our dogs shed ALOT! (a husky, a shepherd mix, and a lab mix shock) I have a 7 month old baby who is in the beginning stages of crawling. For my baby's floor time we are using a giant play mat on top of the carpet so that her and her toys don't end up covered in dog hair. But now she can scoot herself around and is rolling off of the mat constantly. She also loves to scoot to the edge of the mat and dig her hands into the carpet (must be a texture thing) and to my horror she is ending up with literally fists full of dog hair. When we put her in her bouncer she ends up with dog hair stuck between her toes.

When she actually does start to really crawl I don't know what we're going to do to prevent her from being completely covered in dog hair 24/7. It horrifies me!

I am a clean freak and vacuum DAILY. I try to use a furminator on the dogs a couple of times a week, and bathe them when necessary. They eat premium dog food, unfortunately we just love breeds that shed excessively.

Ideally I would like to replace all of our carpet with hardwood or something like it, and then buy one of those robot sweeper vacuum things, but financially we just can't do that right now. I've already told my boyfriend that if we do move, I refuse to move into a house that has ANY carpet!!

Can any moms out there relate? What did you do to keep your baby from being covered in dog hair?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jul 28 10:51 am

Dog Health > POTP for Matty

Matty

I'm the family- dog

Barked: Fri Mar 23, '12 8:27am PST 
Thanks all! Matty is doing really well and goes back to the vet to have drains removed this afternoon. She is back to her old self again!! smile

Nakita, this new vet said the same thing you did- that if they had diagnosed Matty with pyo, they would have kept her and done the spay the same day.

I still haven't called or stopped in to our old vet yet. I just haven't had the time/energy with everything else I have going on in my life. But they will hear from me, and hopefully they take my complaint seriously so this doesn't happen to another dog! Luckily I already knew what pyo was and how dangerous it is so I was proactive about it, but a less educated dog owner would probably just follow the vets and advice and would have had a dead dog.

We've spent over $500.00 at our old vet this year alone, we have 5 pets, AND I work in the pet industry (word of mouth goes a long way), so hopefully my complaint will carry some weight with them. naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Mar 25 12:06 am

Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 7:38am PST 
Morning all! wave

Thanks for all of the well-wishes for Matty! She is at home resting and seems to be doing really well. I'm surprised how perky she is! I'm sure she feels a whole lot better after having her uterus removed that was 5 INCHES IN DIAMETER AND 2 FEET LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely furious with our regular vet (see Matty's thread in health for the whole story) and I will be taking my business elsewhere, after I call/stop in and give them a piece of my mind. I haven't decided if I'm going to call or actually go there to yell at them. If we hadn't found this new vet in the knick of time, Matty would have died. I'm so mad.

Another day of temps in the 80's! I hope we actually get some Spring weather before we go straight into summer! shock
[notify]
» There has since been 13222 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 3:48 pm

Matty

I'm the family- dog

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 7:32am PST 
Thank you so much everyone, all the prayers and well wishes worked because Matty is doing GREAT! Heck she is 100 times more perky and lively after surgery than Chloe ever was! shrug She goes back to the vet on Friday to have her drains removed.

I, however, am FURIOUS with our regular vet. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to chew them out over the phone, or go there in person.

The reason I'm so upset is because our regular vet put off Matty's surgery for a week after she was diagnosed because they were busy and short handed. Well she kept getting sicker and sicker, she stopped eating and was really lethargic. So we called our regular vet and asked them if they could get her in sooner because she was really sick and they said no way, they are just too busy. So we found another local vet to do the surgery for HALF THE PRICE, and they got us in the very next day after we called.

Well this new vet said that Matty was lucky to be alive and would not have lived another day. She said her uterus was 5 inches in diameter and like 2 feet long. She said it had stetch marks on it and it could have burst at any time. She said she can not believe our vet did not treat this as an emergency, because it was an emergency.

Our regular vet diagnosed Matty with pyo LAST THURSDAY, and scheduled the surgery a week later. I'm furious. They are going to hear from me today, and I will be taking my business elsewhere!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Mar 25 12:06 am

Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '12 7:02am PST 
Good morning all! I haz coffee and the whole day off of work! big grinway to go

I dropped Matty off at the vet for her emergency spay this morning. I started a POTP thread for her in Health. I'm going to be a worry wort until I hear from the vet this afternoon. frown

Today is my Mom's bday so we'll probably go out for lunch. I have so much housework to do and no motovation to do it.

We've been having some wild weather here- high of 84 today!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels like summer! blue dog Normally temps are still in the 40's here this time of year!

I need to get Chloe and Lia out for a walk too, but all I really want to do is crawl back into bed and wait for my phone to ring so I can hear how Matty's doing. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 13240 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 3:48 pm

Matty

I'm the family- dog

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '12 6:55am PST 
I just dropped Matty off at the vet for her emergency spay- she has closed pyometra. She is also having a breast cancer lump removed. This is going to be tough on her poor old body. frown

Please send some good vibes our way- I am going to be on pins and needles waiting for the vet to call, and then I'm sure we're going to have a rough night and next few days with her. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Mar 25 12:06 am

Dog Health > Pyometra in an 11 year old dog
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 10:47am PST 
Thanks everyone for your responses! I read through the other thread, thanks for linking that! smile

She went in for the xray this morning and it's definitely pyo. She needs the surgery and WOW is it expensive! shock I figured it would be around the cost of a normal spay, but its not even close! thinking

I still have to talk to them about the breast cancer, we weren't able to speak to the vet directly and the receptionist kind of rushed my boyfriend through the phone conversation. The vet we go has two locations and two veterinarians, but right now one is on maternity leave so they are beyond booked up and busy. One veterinarian is running between both locations. They can't even do the surgery until Wednesday which really worries me. She will be on antibiotics twice a day until then.

I'm a bit irritated that they can't get her in to do the surgery for 5 days, but I guess we don't have a choice unless we want to take her to a vet that we've never been to before. confused I'm going to be worried sick about her all weekend! The poor girl has just been moping around the house, you can tell she doesn't feel good. cry

My boyfriend is on his way to pick her up and bring her home, I told him to try to talk to the vet directly and ask some more questions about the breast cancer.

This is going to be a rough week!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 12:09 am

(Page 1 of 162: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.