Close X

Postings by Farrah ♥12/97-3/06's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 870: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Friends at the Rainbow Bridge!!
Farrah- ♥12/9- 7-3/06

I love Bosco,- Jack & GR

Barked: Mon Dec 14, '15 9:29am PST 
Charlie, I am so sorry about your loss. hug

Hey all, I'm still around. Mom and Auntie have been busy with the new puppy but the others. Gypsy Road is heading to the vet this afternoon. He's been hanging his head down, walking slowly and barely jumping up on the furniture. He is eating, drinking, and peering normally though. The vet says he could have some pain in his back and that dogs do hold their heads down when that happens. He is ten years old. So between that and his anal sac issue, we decided to call. So he's going in this afternoon. He already had an appointment scheduled for Thursday too.

We could use all the prayers possible. Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 100 posts. Last posting by Charlie (at the bridge), Jul 12 1:03 pm

Get Well Soon > If it's not one thing, it's another
Gypsy Road

I\\\'m Bad!!

Barked: Mon Dec 14, '15 9:16am PST 
Gypsy Road is heading to the vet this afternoon. He's been hanging his head down, walking slowly and barely jumping up on the furniture. He is eating, drinking, and peering normally though. The vet says he could have some pain in his back and that dogs do hold their heads down when that happens. He is ten years old. So between that and his anal sac issue, we decided to call. So he's going in this afternoon. He already had an appointment scheduled for Thursday too.

We could use all the prayers possible. Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Peter Parker, Dec 14 10:41 am

Dog Health > Senior dog with heart murmur, second opinion?

Gypsy Road

I\\\'m Bad!!

Barked: Tue Dec 1, '15 8:41am PST 
Jasper, I know what a murmur is. My partner works in a hospital. We took him to his new vet, and didn't tell them about the supposed murmur and they didn't hear if, so we're relaxing. Don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about, when you don't even know me. We are more concerned about his anal sac, which hasn't gone down yet and before you get on my case about having him tested for cancer..,we've been there, done that, with another dog. His vet felt around...yes..proved him...and she feels it isn't cancer. She feels it's just an anal sac issue and he was put on an antibiotic. He may need another course and since we are going this week, with another dog (to get her second lepto shot) we will be scheduling him for another visit.

I grew up with dogs. I lived with a dog warden and I sure as heck, am not going to trust a former vet, who is in the business to scare clients into unnecessary treatments, procedures, etc, just to receive money from it.

By the way, all dogs are vaccinated, including lepto. I'm not an idiot!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Gypsy Road

I\\\'m Bad!!

Barked: Wed Sep 23, '15 8:23am PST 
Thank you all. We don't know the grade but his vet said that since he wasn't showing any signs, we may have caught it early. Yes, I freaked out too. He's coughed a few times...like a hacking/chocking kind of thing but we give him milk (Lactaid) and he instantly relaxes. We did that because he gets fur caught in his throat and water doesn't loosen it up for him. The milk gets it down.

I like the idea of not mentioning to the new vet the murmur but we would have his records because he's getting the lepto shots. According to the current vet, it's major around here this year.

I can relax a little then?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Gypsy Road

I\\\'m Bad!!

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 4:44pm PST 
We found out recently that Gypsy Road may have a heart murmur. The vet said definitely but we're saying maybe, only because of recent experiences with this vet. Gypsy Road turned 10 in August. He is NOT showing any other signs of any heart issues. He's running around, he's eating normally, he wants to walk and play. He had blood work done and it all came back normal.

Like I said, we are questioning that "diagnosis" because Gypsy Road tends to get excited/scared when he sees the vet. I felt his heart beating, in fact, and warned the doctor that he gets nervous like this. Plus, he needs to be muzzled. Is it possible that the vet mistook his fear, as a murmur instead?

There are a lot of other issues that is making us look for a new vet snyway, because of my own health issues, but I won't get into that now. We definitely want a second opinion on his supposed murmur though. Do we have that right?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Dog Health > Worms
Candi

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 7:47am PST 
The vet put her on Panacur Granules...the 1 and 4 gm. She sets three doses...one yesterday, one today and one tomorrow. Then she gets two more doses...one a month for two months. Then they are going to retest her. If it comes back negative, she will be on Sentinel. Her vet said that they see this alot, with rescues.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper (1998~2016), Feb 18 7:41 am

Dog Health > Worms

Candi

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 10:28am PST 
Candi had the runs this past Thursday. It had a little bit of blood in it. Took her to the vet and they tested a stool sample. They put her on Royal Canin Gastrointestinal prescription diet. She gets 1/4 cup about four times a day. They just called and said that she is positive for whip worms (?) and hook worms. First of all, is there such a thing as whip worms or did I mistake that for round worms? Second of all, my partner will be picking up her medicine this evening, since I don't drive. I could walk there but with temps -25 below zero...that's not an option. So while Candi IS being treated for this...is this something to freak out about? Out of all of our pets, she is the only one that has/had worms. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper (1998~2016), Feb 18 7:41 am

Food & Nutrition > Pedigree and all three dogs had runs this weekend

Jack- (Bubbles)

Pick me up! - Hold me!

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '14 1:05pm PST 
How did I know you would say that? Doesn't matter. They aren't getting Pedigree anymore. I don't need your approval. Plus, if you read other forums here, members also say to stay away from it. I just want to know what other foods I can give them.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Dec 9 12:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pedigree and all three dogs had runs this weekend

Jack- (Bubbles)

Pick me up! - Hold me!

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '14 12:09pm PST 
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/pedigree.html
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Dec 9 12:45 pm

Raw Food Diet > Two 9 year olds and one 1 year old...should I switch them to raw feeding?
Gypsy Road

I\\\'m Bad!!

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '14 11:47am PST 
Considering what I just found out about Pedigree...I'm kind of afraid to feed them ANY brand of dog food, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 18 8:47 am

(Page 1 of 870: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.