Postings by Isabelle the Great's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Fri Sep 25, '15 6:01pm PST 
Drama has entered my precious Springer rescue and all because of one person. She wanted an external audit ($20,000) done on the rescue and was just elected to the board (She declined her seat yesterday). She sent Facebook messages to all the coordinators and my coordinator got mad. She said, and I agree, that Facebook is not appropriate for this kind of discussion and she talked to the vice president saying she didn't like what was going on. She also sent in a $632 bill and got in trouble because it wasn't approved, never mind the fact it was an emergency and the dog was vomiting blood and had bloody stools. Most dogs in Northern Indiana have heartworms and their vet bills are over $600. Never mind the fact that the one causing drama spent the most money on one dog... Anyways on Thursday the drama queen says she can't accept a position on the board after stirring up drama. She runs a Facebook page that used to raise funds for our special needs dogs and because she didn't get her way she is no longer raising those funds. Just frustrated because she is sounding like a brat and her ego got in the way.

Springer Nationals were this week and just reminded me that someday I will be the one their and winning. I also want to run the rescue... Big dreams but dreaming small is never an option for me.

I have been trying to find a home for an American Water Spaniel I found on Craigslist and I finally found a group. Unfortunately there rescue isn't up and running and I want to help them get started as there seems to be a growing need for one.

So much to do so little time.

In other news... I got a new foster! And she's adorable!
[notify]
» There has since been 833 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sat Sep 12, '15 5:08pm PST 
Flicka, I can literally flip between two radio stations and here the same song at the same time. Radio stations play like five songs and only five songs. I listen to a lot of movie soundtracks, classical, and other music when I can. Believe me after hearing 'Fight Song' one hundred times a day... it gets old.

Saw a Clumber Spaniel today and was ecstatic. Sweet dog. I also found Spaniel wallpaper just now and my boyfriend said it was for kids. I told him its for my dog room. He now fears how I would decorate a house. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 872 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Sep 11, '15 6:07pm PST 
I am listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra right now. Couldn't find anything I wanted to listen to. Such is the problem when one loves music. Can't listen to one genre for long before getting bored. Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamrollers never get old though. I love classical music though. I plan on exposing my Pre K class to all sorts of music. I am in to cultures around the World and their music. Besides music helps the mind grow.

Listening to Beethoven's Last Night. Love how dramatic and rich the music is.
[notify]
» There has since been 876 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Sep 3, '15 7:08pm PST 
Sonja... don't wait... contact the police or someone. Take the message with you to the station. They may not be able to do much but maybe they can do something. When Isabelle and Charley were younger, some jerk would open our fence and leave them out of our yard. After my mom and grandpa had to bail them out of puppy jail, my mom called the police and complained. They increased their patrols for awhile. My mom also stopped leaving the dogs with free access to the outside. I was away at college at the time. Point being... call the police!

Puppy finally got adopted. Perry had three people look at him before finding a home. First lady wanted him but was moving and had no place for him. I told her get settled first and then adopt a dog. Second family backed out. Third guy wanted a purebred Springer (he got one and returned the dog to us a couple of days later) and the fourth family loved him at first sight. Perry is doing very well with them!
[notify]
» There has since been 900 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '15 8:38pm PST 
I currently have one cat exploring my room and one dog suckling on one of her toys. Perry is still with me though he got a lot of attention at the event on Saturday. I really don't know why people don't want this dog. He is literally perfect. He's calm inside, plays outside, is learning his manner, great with cats and loves kids. I have nothing bad to say about him. He doesn't have weird quirks.

So... A friend and I had a falling out a year ago. Today I apologized and we have been emailing back and forth for an hour. I am not expecting miracles and I highly doubt our friendship will be a good as it was then but it feels good to have that weight off my chest.

And tell all your friends... ESRA has a Springer/Aussie mix in need of an awesome home.
[notify]
» There has since been 993 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '15 6:56pm PST 
I should be sleeping but I can't. I am waking up at four in the morning for a dog event in Wheaton Illinois. Things I do for my fosters...
[notify]
» There has since been 1010 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 6:15pm PST 
Extremely humid here in Indiana. Kids at daycare can't go outside in the afternoon. The daycare's power flickered today because of the heat and one of my kids got a migraine.

This old man at Wal Mart turned in two customers for leaving their dogs in cars with windows up. The person at the service desk called the owners multiple times and the guy stayed their the whole time. Its hot and humid and these people are lucky... some would have called the police first. But the guy had guts to do what he did for those dogs!

Anxiously waiting for winter...
[notify]
» There has since been 1018 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 6:08pm PST 
Yoshi- Springers can live in apartments as long as they get enough exercise. A show springer would be a great fit. Gentle and if raised with cats, they tend to be friends with them rather than enemies. Adopting a Springer from a family with cats in the home would be great.

Whatever breed you end up choosing, try finding a foster home who has cats.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 15 4:48 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '15 5:51pm PST 
Adopt a Springer. Seriously a lot of springers are good with cats. I have only had one foster who would kill a cat... the rest love cats.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 4:48 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '15 7:08pm PST 
Baby skunks are adorable. So are big skunks... Sorry that Bunny got sprayed though. There is a pet skunk rescue in Ohio that I browse every once in awhile because I think I need a pet skunk. I may have to become someone who rehabilitates wildlife ... considering I want a pet skunk and a pet fox but do not want to support the trade of wild animals in any way. I am one of the people who are opposed to the breeding of wolves and wolf hybrids as pets too. I have everything planned out for my dream yard to include everything a fox would need to be happy so I think I may be able to look into the rehabilitation thing more. Boyfriend wants a Savannah cat and I told him they cost as much as a cheap car. We are actually considering a Norwegian Forest Cat in the future. He also wants a Tibetan Mastiff...

Life is good. Going to a rescue event in Wheaton Illinios next Saturday. Taking the puppy, Perry with me. He had adopters but they backed out at the last minute. Anyone interested in a 20 month old Australian Shepherd/Springer/something mix? He's seventy pounds of pure love and playfulness... but amazingly gentle. When he was first introduced to cats he was frightened (Sam the kitten tends to be a bully) but my white cat likes to be chased so she enticed Perry into a game of chase that ended with her on the back of the love seat batting at him. Perry batted back by gently placing his paw by her. Seriously, this guy has to be the sweetest and gentlest dog I have ever fostered which is why I was heartbroken when his adopters backed out. Oh well... we like adopters who are sure they want their dog and there is a family for Perry!
[notify]
» There has since been 1044 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 7:59 am

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.