Postings by Isabelle the Great's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '15 6:56pm PST 
I should be sleeping but I can't. I am waking up at four in the morning for a dog event in Wheaton Illinois. Things I do for my fosters...
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 6:15pm PST 
Extremely humid here in Indiana. Kids at daycare can't go outside in the afternoon. The daycare's power flickered today because of the heat and one of my kids got a migraine.

This old man at Wal Mart turned in two customers for leaving their dogs in cars with windows up. The person at the service desk called the owners multiple times and the guy stayed their the whole time. Its hot and humid and these people are lucky... some would have called the police first. But the guy had guts to do what he did for those dogs!

Anxiously waiting for winter...
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 6:08pm PST 
Yoshi- Springers can live in apartments as long as they get enough exercise. A show springer would be a great fit. Gentle and if raised with cats, they tend to be friends with them rather than enemies. Adopting a Springer from a family with cats in the home would be great.

Whatever breed you end up choosing, try finding a foster home who has cats.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jake & Sweet Caroline, Wed 10:36 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '15 5:51pm PST 
Adopt a Springer. Seriously a lot of springers are good with cats. I have only had one foster who would kill a cat... the rest love cats.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jake & Sweet Caroline, Wed 10:36 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '15 7:08pm PST 
Baby skunks are adorable. So are big skunks... Sorry that Bunny got sprayed though. There is a pet skunk rescue in Ohio that I browse every once in awhile because I think I need a pet skunk. I may have to become someone who rehabilitates wildlife ... considering I want a pet skunk and a pet fox but do not want to support the trade of wild animals in any way. I am one of the people who are opposed to the breeding of wolves and wolf hybrids as pets too. I have everything planned out for my dream yard to include everything a fox would need to be happy so I think I may be able to look into the rehabilitation thing more. Boyfriend wants a Savannah cat and I told him they cost as much as a cheap car. We are actually considering a Norwegian Forest Cat in the future. He also wants a Tibetan Mastiff...

Life is good. Going to a rescue event in Wheaton Illinios next Saturday. Taking the puppy, Perry with me. He had adopters but they backed out at the last minute. Anyone interested in a 20 month old Australian Shepherd/Springer/something mix? He's seventy pounds of pure love and playfulness... but amazingly gentle. When he was first introduced to cats he was frightened (Sam the kitten tends to be a bully) but my white cat likes to be chased so she enticed Perry into a game of chase that ended with her on the back of the love seat batting at him. Perry batted back by gently placing his paw by her. Seriously, this guy has to be the sweetest and gentlest dog I have ever fostered which is why I was heartbroken when his adopters backed out. Oh well... we like adopters who are sure they want their dog and there is a family for Perry!
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '15 3:57pm PST 
..Yeah... it should have said the article described Hovawarts as Golden Retrievers with the colors of a rottweiler... the article said their temperament was like a Golden Retrievers.
[notify]
» There has since been 72 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '15 12:35pm PST 
Congratulations Cash! I just read that Hovawart are colored like Rottweilers and like Golden Retrievers. Someone in the comments set the author straight though.
[notify]
» There has since been 74 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 6:47pm PST 
Sometimes I wish I could explain things better. He is not trying to be a bad guy and I'm not trying to pass him off as one. He is really great and accepts me for me (the crazy animal lady). He actually suffers from general anxiety. I don't know if I really have social anxiety or if I am just shy and introverted. I just know that I do not like to meet new people and it takes me awhile to just talk to someone. Social situations cause physical pain for me. Like this past fourth, I went to a gathering of his friends but they changed location and boyfriend almost canceled us going because he didn't want me to be far from home. I said we would still go so he could see his one friend who he never sees. I had fun but I also wanted to escape to some place quiet. It is really rare that I click with someone right away (boyfriend and I clicked right away... I followed him his first night closing with me singing Jon Denver songs). I also know that I'd rather have Isabelle be my maid of honor and not be a fake person by asking one of his friend's wives.

Boyfriend is opposite of my introvert self though... he's an extrovert who makes friends easily. Most nights we spend together, we are actually just watching tv because I do not like the bar and I suck at playing pool. Boyfriend is willing to try things for me so I am trying to do the same for him.

Does that make sense? He's not being mean about my social awkwardness he just is afraid I am isolating myself.
[notify]
» There has since been 82 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 1:10pm PST 
Jewel- he actually loves my dogs. He's just worried that I isolate myself from people. Boyfriend actually goes to vet visits with me and lets me bring Isabelle with me when I stay over. He also agreed to a puppy if we get a house together. I think its more of an extrovert verses introvert thing. He asked today if I would keep fostering if we lived together. I would like to but it depends on other factors. He knows that I won't give up my dogs for anything and he's okay with that.

A majority of the time, we get along great and barely fight.
[notify]
» There has since been 85 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 10:07am PST 
How do you tell the one you love that you have a social anxiety and that meeting new people literally freaks you out? I get tight chested and its not that I don't like being around people, its that I prefer my dog. This started when I told my boyfriend that I want Isabelle to be my maid of honor if we got married. He thinks I only talk to people on Facebook (and ninety percent of my Facebook friends are dog people) and I need to get out more. He wants me to be friends with his friends and while I don't dislike them, I don't know them well enough yet.

Isabelle has been with me through everything and to me, the maid of honor spot should go to someone who always be your friend. I have human friends but I don't hang out with them because they live away from me. Isabelle is my best friend and deserves to be with me on my wedding day.

Secret Facebook group? Intriguing...

Flicka- I hope you are healing. Extra hugs for you!
[notify]
» There has since been 87 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:39 am

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.