Postings by Lily's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 161: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please vote for my adoptable friend Max
Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 10:02pm PST 
Hello all! I don't post too much on here, but I was wondering if you all could vote for my barely a year old pit mix friend, Max. smile
He is with a rescue group we work closely with (surrendered by his owners) and winning this contest could get him out of the kennel for a few days and a weekend stay/pampering at a local pet inn.

Here is the link (To see Max scroll to the LEFT in the photos)
http://morristown.patch.com/articles/vote-the-region-s-top-dogs-are-702f5f3f#photo-12481099

All you have to do is comment MAX #3 (or whatever you want to say as long as you have his name and number in there) in the comment section of that link. You may have to make an account but patch is just a news site and you don't have to enter much info. I believe you can also join from your own local area and still go back to that article to vote (not 100% on that one). You'll just have to activate your account. I started getting email notifications when other people posted for some reason but by clicking the email you can follow a link to unsubscribe from it.
If you would rather vote for one of the other dogs that's your choice, but Max I think really deserves it!

And if you don't want to vote at all then that is fine too! Moral support is always good. way to go

Winner will be announced Dec. 21
Max is currently in 2nd place I believe!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, Dec 18 10:02 pm

Plus Contests > Vote for my adoptable friend Max
Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:58pm PST 
Hello all! I don't post too much on here, but I was wondering if you all could vote for my barely a year old pit mix friend, Max. smile
He is with a rescue group we work closely with (surrendered by his owners) and winning this contest could get him out of the kennel for a few days and a weekend stay/pampering at a local pet inn.

Here is the link (To see Max scroll to the LEFT in the photos)
http://morristown.patch.com/articles/vote-the-region-s-top-dogs-are-702f5f3f#photo-12481099

All you have to do is comment MAX #3 (or whatever you want to say as long as you have his name and number in there) in the comment section of that link. You may have to make an account but patch is just a news site and you don't have to enter much info. I believe you can also join from your own local area and still go back to that article to vote (not 100% on that one). You'll just have to activate your account. I started getting email notifications when other people posted for some reason but by clicking the email you can follow a link to unsubscribe from it.
If you would rather vote for one of the other dogs that's your choice, but Max I think really deserves it!

And if you don't want to vote at all then that is fine too! Moral support is always good. way to go

Winner will be announced Dec. 21
Max is currently in 2nd place I believe!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, Dec 18 9:58 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Interesting article concerning the state of Rescue Organizations

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 5:21pm PST 
Although I do understand where she was coming from with this article, as many rescues have long lists of requirements and questions, I feel she was a bit biased because she was denied by a rescue herself.
I work with rescues and they usually do have all these rules for a reason. One of the rescues I work with is more lenient with their rules and they DO get many dogs returned (for example, one person returned one of the dogs because he peed in the house). The rescues want to find them forever homes.

I don't remember who mentioned it, but they said the rescue tries to match a dog to fit your family/lifestyle. I like that idea! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Duke, Jan 30 12:04 pm

Behavior & Training > poop eating

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 4:43pm PST 
Lily used to do the same thing as a puppy! She would even remember where she had pooped the previous time she had been out and would try and lead us to it so she could eat it.
So we kept her on leash and didn't allow her to eat it and she grew out of it fairly quickly.

She is still occasionally interested in deer droppings unfortunately. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, Jan 27 4:43 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is Lobo a Wolfdog???

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 5:21pm PST 
I agree with the shepherd as well! I feel like the large ears and some of the build are very shepherd-ish.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Sep 23 7:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is Lobo a Wolfdog???
Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 4:43pm PST 
First, let me just say Lobo is an adorable dog! Nice photos too.
I personally don't think he has ANY wolf in him at all.

And I read your repsonse to that "huskita" pic.
"Whoa! I think the Huskita looks just like Lobo, but my friend did point out that it had a bigger head, so she still thinks he might have wolf in him."
I dog-sit for someone who has a husky/akita mix and here are pictures of her:
Rosie 1
Rosie 2
Rosie 3
I'm basically just trying to show you that not ALL of them have larger heads. Like any designer breed, they are all going to vary in size or color or fur/hair-type.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Sep 23 7:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Nipping & Cat Chasing

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 6:21pm PST 
Anyone have any good tips on how to stop Lily from chasing the cats? Kanga, Scooter, and Millie will run when they see her looking at them, so she thinks it's a giant game. But Tank will sit there and stand her ground(and claw her in the face, which Lily still thinks is a game). Lily knows Leave It, but that doesn't seem to work with her when she's chasing the cats.

Also, any good tips on how to stop her from nipping? She'll come up behind you and nip your leg(she does have herding breeds in her so she may be trying to herd us?). Or stand in front of you and bark and nip you. Now that she's bigger it's starting to hurt, and friends don't really appreciate it(Very understandable). Making a yelp sound when she bites/nips doesn't work, it just makes her do it more.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, Jan 14 6:21 pm

Dog Health > Is DNA testing really accurate?

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 3:55pm PST 
Mom had the Wisdom Panel DNA test done with me and it came back Collie, Shetland Sheepdog, Basset Hound, and Shiba Inu.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Nov 10 10:01 am

Puppy Place > funny things that scare your pup

Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Sun Jan 4, '09 7:59pm PST 
Sometimes we walk Lily on a retractable leash. I had just put it on her, we were still inside, and let the part you hold rest on the ground so I could put on some shoes and a coat. Lily stared at it for a second them started backing away from it. Once she saw it was dragging after her, she started backing up further.
Other than that she is pretty much fearless! Our cats swatting in her face don't even freak her out(in fact, she thinks they're playing, so I have to force her away from them). laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Charlemagne, Jan 11 6:36 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Marley & Me...the movie
Lily

Let's play!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 11:46am PST 
Ellie, isn't there a version of the book for younger audiences?

I'm in the middle of reading the book(it's been sitting around for about a year or so, hehe). I love it so far!
I'm sure the movie will be good, and hopefully true to the book. I know they like to change stuff to make it work more for the movie!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Abigail (Abby), Jun 3 12:43 pm

(Page 1 of 161: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.