Postings by Marley's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > How to react to an allergy? Can it be "cured"?
Marley

Blame the deed,- NOT the Breed

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 1:28am PST 
Hey Max took your advice and bought fish oil supplements. I dont know if it really ever was a allergic reaction, low zinc or whichever reason. But ever since I gave her some supplements and added more varieties. Marley has improved alot. I managed to get her to eat the raw liver. I had to cut it into small pieces, thawed. So now she gets to eat a variety of things supplemented with fish oil capsule and olive oil.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 8 10:58 am

Marley

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 7:31am PST 
bump
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 8 10:58 am

Marley

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:08pm PST 
Hey everybody, Marley has been on raw since winter. And this is the longest she has been fed raw and hopefully many more years to come. My problem is I believe she had developed an allergy. Red paws, lower front legs look red. I know variety is the key but she has been mainly eating chicken, pork, organic turkey, grounded up liver if we are lucky, eggs and olive oils.The first two are her staple meals, I would hate to see her being allergic. What should I do? Can dogs overcome an allergen to a certain protein? I feel that I failed her if I was the reason she developed an allergy. She has been itching, no fleas. Please help. Im taking her to the vet asap.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 8 10:58 am

Behavior & Training > Body Language Variation..what does it mean??

Marley

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 7:03pm PST 
She's not 100% perfect with other dogs. I usually just scope out the unleashed dogs at our local park before I allow her off. If one dog happens to be too frisky and overbearing we either leave or avoid the dog. She was socialized as a puppy but its not like she met a 100 dogs in a month time frame. I have alot of friends with dogs and she's fine with them. She's is just weird when it comes communicating with other dogs.

Im sure we can all agree that the lunging and the noise our dogs makes is quite embarrassing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by "Selli" , Apr 26 6:29 am

Behavior & Training > Body Language Variation..what does it mean??

Marley

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 7:57pm PST 
Hey everybody I have recently moved into a new neighborhood a few months back right before winter. Since the weather is warming up we have been going for more walks/jogs in the neighborhood. Marley and I are very surprised by the amount of people walking around here including many dogs that live here. In our old neighborhood their were seldom anybody walking their dogs except for the few familiar faces. Anyhow I am somewhat perplexed by Marley's behavior. She has been socialized with other dogs since she was a puppy. What's interesting is her language to other dogs on the leash.

Example 1: Border Collie..I was tying my shoes and Marley was sitting next to me. As the collie neared us. Marley was watching and alert but sitting. As soon as the collie walked by. Marley had a very happy expression but lunging and making these whiny throaty bark. Only 3 seconds later She looked at me with a happy expression and calm down without me saying anything.

Example 2: Puggle.. We were walking towards a house with a tethered dog. She was walking quick, stiffed and alert but had an open mouth gesture. happy expression. As soon as we passed she did the shake off and walked calmly and at my pace.

Example 3: Golden lab: She did stand rigid and stared. As the lab passed. Marley dropped to the ground and then lunged, growling. But she kept dropping to the ground until the lab and owner passed us. Only at the base of her tail and part of her neck the hackles were up.

I wanted to know what some of you think? I do believe she has some leash reactivity, so I am currently teaching her how to be calm. She has met some new dogs recently off leash she is fine with. Does anybody's dog goes through this mixture of emotions/ body language?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by "Selli" , Apr 26 6:29 am

Behavior & Training > Teaching to pull ahead only with harness on.
Marley

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 2:56pm PST 
They do have some interesting gear. I thought scooters are suppose to be cheaper than bikes.lol.I guess I will stick with diggler. My only problem is to choosing between the scooter for short people/kids or choosing the one for taller people/adults. I am on the shorter end of the stick
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Apr 24 2:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Teaching to pull ahead only with harness on.

Marley

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 7:00pm PST 
Bump** I don't like making a new forum regarding a similiar topic so I will hijack this old one I made here. Sorry guys. I have been saving up for the dog scooter for the past 2 months. My question is: Does anybody know any sites that sells the scooter besides Diggler.com out of curiosity?? I want to find the sturdiest and possibly go cheap as possible for the scooter.lol Maybe a package deal for harness and tugging equipments etc? This is an investment I'm interested in.It would be nice to have something that will last for years, with some elbow grease of course haha.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Apr 24 2:57 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Picking a new puppy

Marley

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 8:31pm PST 
It depends on the personality, energy and the gender you would prefer. If the puppies had their health check they should be healthy. No signs of lameness, infections, infestations of fleas etc. Pretty much as for the particular puppy. If you are a runner/ athlete pick the puppy that has the highest energy. If you have children pick the middle of the road puppy thats calm and accepting. If you want a dog who's not clingy more like a roomate, pick the independent one. Its wise to get an opposite gender if you already have a dog. Male female combos are best, male male ok, female female not so good.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Apr 12 3:13 pm

Behavior & Training > "Anyone can be a good dog trainer"

Marley

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 7:44pm PST 
Talent isnt always needed, sure it can help but hard work and diligence can pay off. Have you seen "Rudy"?..Very inspirational film based on a true story. If you truly want to be a trainer, just work hard and improve as you progress
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Mar 17 9:11 am

Raw Food Diet > Main meat/ Mixing Protein
Marley

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 7:39pm PST 
Interesting responses here. keep them coming lol. i thought when you cook the liver it destroys the nutrients? I tried to get her to eat it raw, seared, frozen and force feeding ( which we do not like). She just picks it out, she drives me insane lol. I'll see if i can get a grinder off craiglist. I'm desperate, but its amazing how much her health improves.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dozer, Mar 11 1:47 pm

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.