Postings by Karu's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Sports & Agility > agility and luxating patella
Snickers

Barked: Thu Feb 20, '14 1:45pm PST 
I had read conflicting information. Thankfully though xrays didn't show any sign of a luxating patella and vet couldn't feel it. Vet believes its an inflamed growth joint instead.
Sorry to hear about ur pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Feb 20 1:45 pm

Snickers

Barked: Wed Feb 19, '14 9:09am PST 
I had read conflicting information. Thankfully though xrays didn't show any sign of a luxating patella and vet couldn't feel it. Vet believes its an inflamed growth joint instead.
Sorry to hear about ur pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snickers, Feb 20 1:45 pm

Snickers

Barked: Fri Feb 14, '14 10:44am PST 
Looking for people with history of the two that could share their experience. If agility would caused greater harm is my main concern.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Feb 20 1:45 pm

Puppy Place > What is the mix? Part two

Snickers

Barked: Thu Nov 14, '13 7:10am PST 
Thanks. Being part of the agility world I meet alot people familar with border collies. I'm not sure if maybe they are so use to border collies that's why they think BC mix. It certainly would be awesome if she was.
As far as the pit/boxer/lab she probably has some of one of the three, but her head is pretty small compared to the rest of her and narrow not blocky. And her muzzle is more pointy than square. she's probably just a huge mutt.
Her fur is getting longer, its more lab length now but not water proof at all.
Does anyone see Ratt Terrier?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 12:28 pm

Snickers

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 10:18am PST 
That is interesting. Where do you see rottie or boxer? I could boxer in the tail but her head is so narrow and nose so long and pointy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 12:28 pm

Snickers

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 6:06pm PST 
I did this when she was much younger but shes grown up a bit since.
So what breed/mix do you see in my puppy, Snickers? She is currently we believe 8-9 months and around 40lbs.
I've heard border collie quite a bit because of the ticking. I've also had Rat terrier. Mixed with Pit or lab. Shes uses her paws alot so behavior I've always thought boxer. She really loves dragging the other dogs around by their collars, i've never met a dog that did this before. Any guesses?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 12:28 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Guess the breed mix

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 3:36pm PST 
The second DNA tests comes back as only Rottweiler present and this one supposely tests anything with at least 5%. I've seen test results all over the board before but never nothing.
Probably think I'm crazy but I really think Beglian Malinois. It can explain everything about him that rottweiler can't.
The coat/fur. Hes a red sable and when he was younger had a black saddle that disappeared. He still has a few black tipped hairs. The combination of the two both scream Shepard to me. His ears are semi-erect pointing to a dog with erect ears. Hes got eye-liner. Small/ thin frame. Hes strong but does not have the muscular build of a rottie and hes short, only 20in at the shoulder. His tail was docked which to me would be for one of three reason, medical but this isn't common and i got him at a year old. The breed/owner was trying to pass him off as a purebred rottie. But come on hes red. Or he was purposely bred. I always thought german shepard but both DNA tests failed to pick up on that. But neither tested for belgian malinois. Maybe I'm crazy but it really does seem to fit.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Karu, Aug 2 3:36 pm

Puppy Place > Guess the puppy's mix

Snickers

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 11:38am PST 
Thank you. My guess would be rat terrier/ lab x pit. She's too small for a lab pit and has a small head with a long nose. And ticked legs. But she's definitely looks like she's got some pit in her and acts a lot like a lab
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Jul 31 11:38 am

Belgian Malinois > Could he be a Malinois mix?

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 7:27am PST 
. We adopted Karu 5 years ago when he was 1 1/2. What we know about him he appears to have been purposely bred given his neatly docked tail. He had the remainer of a black saddle when I got him that had disappeared by time he was 2. He's not only red but sable in color with shoulder blazes. His ears had become more erect with age. He's a shed monster, especially in spring and fall. He's 53lbs and 20ins at the shoulder.
He's been DNA tested twice. I know DNA tests are highly inaccurate but I expected to find something other than purebred Rottweiler which he is obvious not. We always suppected shepard but both tests have ruled out german shepard. Could he have Belgian Malinois in him? Who best to see those triats in him than people who know the breed.
This is a mystery that has haunted me for 5 years. It will probably never be solved but I would love to hear ideas.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Keira, Dec 3 8:32 am

Puppy Place > Guess the puppy's mix
Snickers

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 8:45pm PST 
Anyone wanna take a guess to Snicker's breed mix? I have my own ideas but i don't want to influence what someone else may see. When we got her she was 18lbs and roughly 4 months give or take a few weeks, she is now 27lbs and 6 months give or take a few weeks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Jul 31 11:38 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.