Postings by Miss Gizmo's Family

GO!

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > PARTAY TO WELCOME LILLY!

Miss Gizmo

Every dog needs- a little bling!

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '08 6:45am PST 
Let's spread the word! I'm having a partay for Lilly, welcoming her to our family! She had rawf life because of another dog who scared her. So, now that she's with us and feeling more comfortable....it's a good time to have a PARTAY! party
We've got all kinds of drinks... Dogaritas, Dogtinies, and all kinds of alkehaw. happy dancesnoopyhappy dancesnoopy
Stop by for cheese and pupperoni pizza, burgers, steaks, tater salad, slaw, and much, much more stuff to eat...party
Now, get your ParTay hat on and let's have bunches of fun....cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miss Gizmo, Jul 16 6:45 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Were You a Rescue Dog? Post your storys!
Miss Gizmo

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '08 5:48am PST 
Lilly, my new little sister, is a rescue! She was living in a big (and I mean BIG) beautiful home peacefully until her owners decided to get a BIG WHITE GERMAN SHEPHARD puppy. The shepard terrorize Lilly. She was so frightened by this big dog, Bo, that she had to hide from him. She would run into the Laundry Room into her kennel just to get away from him. She is still traumatized by big dogs. But, I guess that's going to take time to be less affraid of bigger dogs.
She's been with us now since June 25th. Sometimes, I bark at her but, she can't hear me. You see, mommy realized in less than 24 hours that she was deaf. When we took her to my vet, he confirmed that she was probably born deaf. She is 3-1/2ish and the previous mommy didn't notice that she couldn't hear....dud! We think they didn't pay much attention to her; if they did, anybody would notice she had a hearing problem.
Each day that passes, we can see that she is beginning to feel more comfortible and trusting. Lilly now has a favorite toy. Mommy bought her a new bed and she no longer runs into her kennel to sleep and/or hide. Just the other day, she stayed on mommy's bed where she slept all night. Now, she sleeps in her bed when mommy does her beading craft. She loves following mommy and daddy around but especially, she follows mommy. That doesn't give me much time with her but I understand that Lilly needs her right now. Mom does squeeze in some Gizzy time now and then!
Gotta run....it's breakfast time.
Love and Licks,
Miss Gizmo
snoopyhugsnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Cashmere , Jul 30 3:51 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog clothes

Miss Gizmo

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '08 7:05am PST 
happy dance Each to their own opinion! That's why Baskin Robins makes so many different flavors of ice cream. This message is from my mommy!
To some people, a pet is their baby and companion (especially the elderly). I had a Shih Tzu, Precious, that was a Pet's On Wheels volunteer. We use to go an visit residence at the nursing homes. I would dress her up in all different clothes and that always put a smile
on their faces. So, you see, sometimes dressing up your dog is beneficial to others!
I a firm believer if it doesn't hurt your animal and it makes you feel better....go for it!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gretta, Jul 13 7:55 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > what type beds do dogs like?

Miss Gizmo

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '08 6:42am PST 
thinking I love sleeping on my mommy and daddy's bed the bestest! They love it when I snuggle up between them.
Now my new sister isn't use to sleeping on a "big people" bed, she preferred her little crate. But, mommy got her a new bed with a cushie pillow in it; so now she love that bed. It took her a couple of nights but she figured out that this was her new own bed. She was a rescue and was use to hiding and sleeping in her crate. But she is getting use to being around me and my mommy and daddy who give her lots of love!
So, you see, it's up to your mommy and you! If you like to snuggle, get a bed with sides or a donut type. If you are secure, just get a big pillow type. Happy shopping!
Lots of Licks,
Miss Gizmo
cheercheer
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Porky, Aug 2 9:34 pm

Shih Tzu > New Here

Miss Gizmo

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 7:17pm PST 
cheer Welcome....I'm new too but I'm learning fast with all the new friends I've made. We Shih Tzu's must stay together. We have great times talking about our days and the trouble we get into. I have a new sister that was a rescue. Vist my site and through me a bone!
Woof, woof
Gizzy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Eve, Aug 9 1:52 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Changing Picture
Miss Lilly

Loveable Lilly

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 6:48pm PST 
I've tried to find out where I go to change my "main" picture. Can anyone help me out there???? shrug
My daddy got a better pix of me with my eyes open and I want mommy to change my pix to the new one daddy took.
arf, arf, arf
Lilly
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ozzie, Jul 10 10:27 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Where Could I Get Some Really Fancy Collars?

Miss Gizmo

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '08 7:35am PST 
My mommy designs and makes great looking necklaces. See mine! I get tons of compliments on this one. If you visit her site www.puttinonthedogshop.com, you'll see many more necklaces, charms that she designs and makes, other charms, bows for our hair, and more. I guarantee you'll find something you just have to have!
Gizzycheer
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by isabella muttella (bella bean), Jul 7 11:35 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Where Could I Get Some Really Fancy Collars?

Miss Gizmo

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '08 7:08am PST 
My mommy makes the most beautiful necklaces. If you go to her site, you'll see me wearing one along with my other pals. She designs and makes each and every necklace. If you like to get attention from the humans, just put on one of her necklaces. Go and visit her site at www.puttinonthedogshop.com and you won't be disappointed, look at me!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by isabella muttella (bella bean), Jul 7 11:35 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.