Postings by Bingo-In Memory's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 356: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Naming a new dog in honor of older one
Bingo-In- Memory

Appreciate the- small things

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:39pm PST 
I have definitely decided to do this. I think its definitely a matter of perosnal choice and Id ask anyone who is bothered by it to consider that people who choose to do this, as I do may very well be excellent and caring owners. If I did have a human child I would most likely name them after someone signficant in my life, to me names in memory of someone else are more special then "unique" name

thanks for all your your comments
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 3:13pm PST 
Well with one dog it will be the same breed as the older one as I am a pug owner. By no means am I not overly emotional Im so obsessed with my dogs that the thought of losing them does destroy me, but I feel like I have to do something in tribute. I know a lot of people get ashes ans find that a comfort but I could not do that when Bingo passed or when my dog Zira passed, I jsut couldnt bare to bring them home in a box, even now it brings tears to my eyes, 2 years on. IT wasnt Bingo whose name I was going to use, though it is dogs I still have. I adopted Bingo older and never choose the name, honestly I might have picked something different. I did however name my one year old puppy Weasley Bingo, in Bingo's honor. Thanks for your comments
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:17pm PST 
You know my great grandmother lost a child and named her next to child after him. I guess I thought that was nice too, a loving reminder. Its not as if a person can ever be replaced but I still feel that the names remain a sort of connection and reminder of how we are all connected. I also see my dogs more as relatives and partners then babies, though I often call them my babies. I dont want any human babies so in reality Im very glad the dogs are not babies. I probably would not do what my grandmother did, because some people might be rude to the child because of it, but I guess a dog would not mind
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 9:41am PST 
This may be an odd think to post on here but I am anyway. My hsuband and I have two older dogs who are thank goodness still with, Tubby and Norbert, they are incredibly special to us as they set us on the path to a life devoted to dogs. When they pass on we have always planned to name our next dogs in their honor. This is not to replace them, I have lots pets before and no they are irreplacable. Its more in honor of them, I like the idea of speaking their names daily as a way to keep their memory even more alive. I also know the new dog will be an individual and very different so I am not going to be trying to put a new dog into the role of an old dog. I also love those names and want to use them again, Ive actually completely decided to do it.

My surprise was I read online from some people who where absolutely vicious about dog lovers who did such a thing, they said it made dogs seem disposable. My dogs are my family members and the absolute most important thing in my life, certainly not disposable. Another response was it was like naming children the same names, I feel like its more like naming a new baby in honor of a beloved late friend or relative, which is a common practice (I am named after my grandmother who passed away before I was born.) The other odd think I read was it would be too much of a reminder, but wont you be reminded of your pet who has passed on all the time anyway, at least that is how I feel. I was really surprised people saw this as a cool practice, as I see it as a personal choice, and Im interested to hear what others think.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Dear Friend I will always love you and miss you.

Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Welcome to the- planet of the- monkey dogs

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:48am PST 
So sorry for your loss what a beautiful boy he was. I am sure he lived a joy filled life with you
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by (retired)minister misty, Mar 13 11:47 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Our Baby Girl has left us :(
Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:47am PST 
So sorry that your girl left you, and at such a young age. She was a lovely girl
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by (retired)minister misty, Mar 13 11:53 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye Z

Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '12 7:14pm PST 
I dont post on here much anymore as i focus on our blog, www.urbanhounds-tubby5dog.blogspot.com, but I wanted to comment on Zira's loss as everyone was so supportive during her illness.

She died on thursday of pneumonia and heart problems that seemed to come on very suddenly. Our vet had thought she was improving and she ate her breakfast and then hda breathing attack and died in my husbands arms. I didnt know how I would react to her death because in many ways Zira was a distant dog, not like our other pets. She never liked to be cuddled orpetted, but she wanted to be inthe room with us. We had adopted her from a bad situation at the age of 9. I used to delight in watching her beg for food and chase the cats as those where the times she truly came alive. My house feels very empty without her spunky little presence even though we have four other dogs. She was a good girl who deserved the good retirement she got.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by (retired)minister misty, Mar 13 12:04 pm

Dog Health > Congestive Heart Failure Sudden Onset-Advice

Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 9:27am PST 
Sorry Nukka, I realize you answered my lying down question. Im going to hear the vet report on wednesday and make decisions then. I am hopeful we can give her a few good months at least and protect her kidneys as well as heart
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 5:58 am

Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 6:31am PST 
I am very upset about this obviously, but my biggest concern is to make sure I dont let her suffer. Z has pretty sincere fear issues and is very nervous of vets and hospitals so it its not getting better I know the best choice is to say good-bye as I cant subject her to an endless battery of tests. When the meds did work can you tell me about how soon you saw an improvement? Was your dog able to lie down, Z has a hard time lying down and is not comfortable with us picking her up. I am at work now as I could not take off to stay home with her, I really wanted to but it just was not possible, My husband left for work late to spend extra time with her and he said she looked the same when he left, not gasping and seeming ok (she ate) but not lying down
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 5:58 am

Dr. Zira-In- Memory

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 4:40am PST 
Three months ago our vet detected a slight murmur in Dr. Zira. She had an EKG and it showed no enlargement. Every since we adopted her she has been a panting dog who tends to paint more when nervous. Our vet said to do nothing about the murmur as their was no heart damage at the time.

Z has a number of other issues going on: kidney issues (since we adopted her four years ago) and thyroid disease. She has always h ad a potbelly from the thyroid even on meds. She has also always been a nervous hesitant to walk dog. In the last few weeks I noticed she looked a tiny bit thinner but she was still eating enthusiastically and acting normally, excited to see me when I got home, etc. Her 6 month check up was coming up so I figured we would look into all issues then.

Yesterday afternoon I came home and she was gulping and panting and obviously uncomfortable. I took her to the vet and she got progressively worse on t he way there. Once there she needed oxygen and was vomitting up red foam. The vet did an x ray and diagnosed congestive heart failure. She got fluids removed from her lungs and was given four types of meds She is going in for an EKG wednesday. I have noticed some improvement as she is panting less and ate her breakfast but she does not seem comfortable and is hesitant to lie down.

I am really shocked by the suddness of this, but my vet said it is common. I feel very guilty that i did not notice the changes sooner. The vet pointed out that she just checked her heart 2 months ago and there was no enlargement, now the heart is huge. I still feel very guilty Since Z has kidney issues the meds pose a risk to her kidneys.

I am at a bit of a loss. I plan to treat her and to my best but I dont want her to suffer to unduly. I am hoping the EKG will tell me more, but Im wondering what experiences people have with GHF.

Z is also already o n heart suplements fish oil and coenzyme q 10
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 5:58 am

(Page 1 of 356: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.