Postings by Kesha's Family

GO!

Sports & Agility > Anyone doing Rally?

Contessa

little mommy

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '08 11:38am PST 
Thanks. I'll cut back. Maybe I'm asking too much from her. I want it to be fun for her & stressing her out can't be fun. We are going to a match in our area this weekend. We aren't competing, but we want to check it out.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 29 12:05 pm

Contessa

little mommy

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '08 10:01am PST 
Thanks for all your suggestions & comments. We are using the clicker, praise, treats....every positive tool I can think of. Today I'm going to try adding distractions slowly, then maybe start practicing at the park, or in front of PetSmart, places away from home. We keep our sessions to 15 - 20 mins twice a day. Do you think that is enough?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 12:05 pm

Contessa

little mommy

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 8:59pm PST 
Thanks! We are very new to Rally. Tess sits & downs great. I'm having a hard time keeping her attention to heel. At home, she's great, but at class she's so distracted she won't even heel for cooked chicken treats. I've tried picking up the pace to keep her interested & praising her, slapping my leg, etc... We've only been at it for a month but I did expect her to be more focused on me by now. She's 8 mos old but very socialized so she isn't afraid, she just can't focus. Do you have any tips or suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 12:05 pm

Razzle

Daddy's Boy

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 7:13pm PST 
Is anyone involved in Rally? We have 2 Chinese Cresteds taking classes. We are doing pretty well but having a few issues so I'd love some advice & experience from anyone who is competing.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 12:05 pm

Chinese Crested > Any one feel like talking Cresteds?

Our Gang

Waiting for Mom

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 12:18pm PST 
No, we don't show. We had Kesha with a trainer for a while learning how to show, but it really isn't her thing. She is still very shy & nervous so we've been taking her alot of different places trying to socialize her more. Tess & Razzle are taking Rally classes & we plan to compete in Rally trials with them. Do you show or compete?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Vincent Lu-Zi-Chi, Jul 8 1:06 pm

Kesha

Kesha laFreaka- our little Diva

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 6:49pm PST 
We use 2 different products from a company called Isle of Dogs. We got this at a dog show and need to get some more. I'm going to check online to see if I can find it. We use #91 for healthy skin & hair & #93 for skin problems. It really has helped although we still have pimples, just not nearly as bad. I heard about bathing them with yogurt & honey, we've tried it a few times but didn't notice any improvement. I've changed their food a few times, now we are feeding Wellness Puppy & home made food (which they love!!) Does Zeus have any treats that he just loves? Mine are not that treat crazy and we are doing Rally classes where yummy treats are necessary. Can't find anything they are that crazy about.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Vincent Lu-Zi-Chi, Jul 8 1:06 pm

Contessa

little mommy

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 11:36am PST 
Hi! We are 4 Cresteds & love to share with other Crestie lovers. We have lots of issues, such as skin problems sometimes & food questions cause we are very picky eaters. We love to talk Cresteds.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Vincent Lu-Zi-Chi, Jul 8 1:06 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.