Postings by Cirrus's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

German Shepherd > Anyone have experience with Pano and/or Deramaxx?
Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Sun Apr 4, '10 6:53pm PST 
When our GSD Rook had pano, we gave him Deramaxx for a few days straight, and no problems. Really relieved his pain. Our collie Cirrus has used Deramaxx for other pain, but just diarrhea after a few days in a row.

A holistic vet will have alternative homeopathic pain remedies. Good idea to check!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 1:01 pm

Collie > Are Collies yappy.
Cirrus

Amazing Collie- Girl Her Royal- Highness

Barked: Sun Apr 4, '10 6:23pm PST 
I believe your collie has excess energy that needs to be vented through daily power walks or jogs. Our collie in her younger years, got 2-3 hours of exercise per day, plus herd dog training once a week. This should challenge your dog and perhaps the barking will be less. I really think exercise is the key, plus teaching your dog to stop when asked (you decide when enough is enough barking). You can start by walking 30-60 min in the morning (before work?), and 30-60 min after work, and a mini-walk before bed, plus play time. Sounds like a lot? That's what your dog needs. Have fun!

dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cirrus, Apr 4 6:23 pm

German Shepherd > Who is sick of winter???

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Fri Jan 29, '10 6:56pm PST 
Me? No, I'm waiting for snow to come to Seattle so I can ski from my house down to the park by the lake with Rook (like we did last year)! Send some colder temperatures our way!

Patriciablue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Dieta, Mar 13 4:41 pm

German Shepherd > Blind GSD with high energy: driving me crazy (Help)

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Wed Jan 27, '10 9:23pm PST 
Cool! Does that mean the human gets to stand on the back somehow like a dog sled? I've always been fascinated with sled dogs, and have always played with the idea of Rook pulling a sled.blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sophie CGC CSD, Feb 11 11:16 pm

German Shepherd > Blind GSD with high energy: driving me crazy (Help)

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Tue Jan 26, '10 9:51pm PST 
Sorry for not knowing - what makes it a "kicksled" and why is it called that?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sophie CGC CSD, Feb 11 11:16 pm

German Shepherd > need to vent!
Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Mon Jan 25, '10 11:08pm PST 
Things aren't the same these days when people state opinions. Whatever happened to finesse and the art or writing and speaking? On the forums, on the reality dating shows, for example - just mean, mean, mean. It's like the in thing to insult one another in very mean sarcastic ways. Polite is out of the picture. As a teacher at school I have to teach politeness and respect because no one else is at home! Sigh...

Okay, breeeeathe....Stay balanced, everyone! Woof!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dieta, Jan 30 2:16 pm

German Shepherd > have you ever lost your temper with your baby

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Sun Jan 24, '10 11:59am PST 
Yes, I have lost my temper with the dogs, and sure didn't feel good during or after. Now I figure it takes too much bad energy to be that angry, and I remind myself:

1. They are animals.
2. They can be reactive.
3. Dogs are our mirrors.
4. Be patient and understand the dog's mind.
5. Be calm, neutral, and firm when providing discipline.
6. Dogs know you by scent and energy and true
pack leaders (dog or human) are balanced to create balance.
7. Breeeeethe...
8. Do not give affection to the wrong state-of-mind.
9. Reestablish balance and leader-follower relationship .
10.Walk, walk, walk with the pack.

Etc...

So, when I am aware that I am having a bad moment or bad day, I wait until I get myself back to balance before we venture out or do other things together, and remember that dogs don't understand what we say in anger, but feel the unstable negative energy behind it. Create balance.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mystique 'Tiki', Jan 30 7:50 am

German Shepherd > What are you guys eating?

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Sun Jan 24, '10 11:41am PST 
We are using Wellness Just for Seniors and Wellness Large Breed and mixing it in different proportions for our GSD and senior collie. We also add a little plain whole milk yogurt or cottage cheese, and sometimes a few tablespoons of Wellness or Paul Newman canned food.

For treats, we've gone really "fishy". Wildside Salmon freeze-dried salmon cubes, and Iceland Pure wild cod fish treats recommended by our holistic vet.

The dogs seems to be happy, healthy, and stools are good.big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mar 29 7:43 am

German Shepherd > I think Ivan killed my cat

Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Sun Jan 24, '10 11:35am PST 
My gut feeling is that it was an accident, whatever happened. Cats being roamers, anything could have happened. I am sorry this happened. If you are concerned that ivan may have killed the cat and wonder about future reactions, continue to do more research and consult a behaviorist or two. This way you can feel some guidance and be proactive in the future.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jake, Feb 12 3:09 pm

German Shepherd > Bought new puppies, but are they pure german shepherds??
Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Sun Jan 24, '10 11:27am PST 
I wouldn't worry about whether they are "purebred" GSDs or not. It is true that the man should have waited until they were about 8 weeks old so they could learn from the mother dog and litter. They are beautiful puppies, purebred or not! Balto is a cool name. What is the others?

Our black GSD Rook was born completely black, but as he grew, his ankles changed to brown/tan. At first we felt cheated, but not so, and that's just the way he is. He is a special part of our pack. Our collie has an ear "flaw" because the tips don't flop like Lassie, you know? Disqualified her from ever being a "champion" dog (the breeder kept the champions), but it doesn't matter, because she's our champion.

If you are new at owning puppies, please research information and buy books about puppy stages and dog psychology.

big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Adeline, Jul 18 6:00 am

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.