Barked: Thu Dec 10, '09 3:33pm PST 
I'm so very sorry for your loss. hughughughughug

Rest in peace, sweet Didge. hughughughug
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Paris, Dec 19 2:29 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Prayers for my Mom, please
Rafa

Until there are- none, adopt one!-

Barked: Mon Dec 7, '09 9:13pm PST 
Thank you SO MUCH everyone! Mom is home, but we don't really have any answers yet. Everything they tested her for was negative, and they still don't know what's causing the cough. But Mom hurt another rib coughing tonight, it just isn't getting better. Not sure what the next step is. She's continuing to take prednisone (that's what kept my angel kitty brother Lucky Boo alive for over 2 years after the vets said he wouldn't live past a month or so but it sure makes Mom feel yucky). Hopefully that will help with the cough.

Even though she's not better, being out of the hospital is such a blessing. So are all you great pups who have been keeping Mom in your thoughts and pup prayers!!!

hughughughughughug
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by H&E A Pair-A-Dox, Dec 23 7:39 am

Rafa

Barked: Fri Dec 4, '09 11:47pm PST 
Thank you so much everyone.
Mom is still here, hoping to go home tomorrow. This is the first time she's been here alone since getting here, and it sure is scary. She wishes she would have known her friend was going to have to leave that way her mom could have come earlier. frown She might be having a broncoscopy tomorrow (or maybe not) but just as a precaution can't eat or drink, making things all the more miserable. Please keep praying. Mom's thinking she's not going to be able to get any sleep tonight because of how scary it is here and how we have no idea what tomorrow might bring.
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by H&E A Pair-A-Dox, Dec 23 7:39 am

Rafa

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '09 11:31am PST 
hughug Mr. BoJangles hughug

Thanks so much! Lucky for us the hospital has wireless Internet, so when Mom is lucid she's gonna be on Dogster big grin

I meant to add that the original diagnosis was walking pneumonia but we are no longer sure what it is because it didn't respond to antibiotics.
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by H&E A Pair-A-Dox, Dec 23 7:39 am

Rafa

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '09 11:18am PST 
Hey Guys,

I know you haven't seen me around too much lately. Mom's been sick for the past 8 weeks with a terrible cough (she's torn cartilage and broken a rib), and just today she was admitted into the hospital. She's not drastically worse than she has been, but because she was on close to 10 meds, none of which helped, the doctor wanted her to come here and get tested for all kinds of things and get on an IV for steroids (which make Mom feel crazy and awful so she's not looking forward to that). They're going to do a CTA scan later today and already did bloodwork.

Our gut feeling is that it's not something incredibly serious, but prayers would help. We believe in the power of prayer and pawsitive thinking! She's just had this cough and a low-grade fever for so long now. It's a relief to be in the hospital though - it was really hard for her to keep up with which medicines to take when, there were so many.

Thanks pups!

Love,
Rafa
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by H&E A Pair-A-Dox, Dec 23 7:39 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Dyson Vacuum information
Rafa

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 9:39pm PST 
My parents have the DC07 and I have the Airmuscle. Both are amazing and far superior to any other vacuums we've ever used (Hoover, Dirt Devil, Bissel, etc).

While the DC07 is great, we did a test with my Airmuscle. I brought it to my parents' house the last time I went to visit them. I vacuumed with their DC07 (which is probably 5 years old) and then vacuumed with mine. The Airmuscle picked up a lot of debris that the DC07 missed.

I love my Dyson and can't imagine ever going back to a cheaper brand just because those vacuums in my experience have not been durable at all and have not had nearly as good suction as Dyson. Mr. Dyson is my hero and makes it possible for me to live in a house with various furry animals without having my furniture and floors covered in their hair!

ETA: My friends had a Hoover Mach something or another which cost several hundred dollars. When I got my Airmuscle I let them try it out. They bought one shortly after.
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rafa, Nov 14 9:39 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Good bye Tessa Sue

Rafa

Barked: Mon Nov 9, '09 8:41pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about Tessa Sue. You're in my thoughts.

hughughughughughughug
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Micky RIP 23/11/96 - 24/8/10, Nov 10 3:54 pm

Dog Health > Care Credit

Rafa

Barked: Mon Nov 9, '09 8:30pm PST 
I have it, and I love it. If you use it though, you have to be extremely vigilant in making your payments on time. You absolutely cannot let yourself forget to make a payment, and you have to pay the balance by the end of your promotional period. I have used it several times for me (dental) and my pets, and I've had no problems. As long as you make the payments on time and pay off your balance on time, it's a godsend! I haven't had to pay a cent in interest since I got the card last October, and I've used it on 4 separate occasions that I can think of. I also like that it can't be used for anything other than medical expenses. smile
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rafa, Nov 9 8:30 pm

Get Well Soon > Sydney's back surgery is today.

Rafa

Barked: Fri Nov 6, '09 4:35am PST 
hughughug Sydney hughughug
I'm so glad you're home!
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Ruby, Feb 18 7:40 am

Dog Health > Canine influenza virus vaccine?
Rafa

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 11:37am PST 
Thanks Buddy! That is helpful! I've never had a flu shot in my life, and I've also never had the flu (knock wood). I've heard stories of people getting the flu shot but then getting flu-like symptoms (I understand that this is not nearly as severe as the flu though). I just don't know if I think it's worth it... not sure that the benefit outweighs the risk involved... Decisions, decisions.
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rafa, Nov 4 11:37 am

(Page 1 of 97: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.