Postings by Chewy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > Hip and Joint sumplemets??
Liberty

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 1:14pm PST 
Luckily, not too much pain but that's good to know because as she ages, I'm sure she will be. When she is on her regular joint support pills, she rarely limps and you can barely tell anything ever happened. Sometimes, she can get a little sore when she is overdoing it. Her injury was treated very quickly and she had very minimal arthritic changes in her knee.

I had her on Ark Naturals Super Joint Rescue at first. Then I tried Pet Naturals but that doesn't have enough chondroitin in it. Now I am trying Osteo-byflex for people based on a recommendation. I guess it's good so far... I noticed she limped the most on the Pet Naturals. I'd love to know if I'm missing something. She's always been on fish (body) oil pills for her skin and coat and eats a whole food diet.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Willow, Jul 9 3:12 pm

Dog Health > Hip and Joint sumplemets??
Liberty

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 11:57am PST 
You read my mind! I was going to start a post about joint regimens. I am curious as to what others are doing and find success with? Liberty is on Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements and Omega 3 fish oil. I have heard of others adding vitamin E as well but other saying not to? She ruptured her ACL and had suture repair done last year.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Willow, Jul 9 3:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > The Honest Kitchen, what\'s your take?

Doozer

Little dude with- a 'tude

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 11:44am PST 
I have just been trying this food recently (Thrive). It seems to be of very good quality and my 3 pups love it. I usually cook for them using Sojourner Farms or Monzie's Meusli. I find this is easy to have on hand at times when I don't have time to cook and am out of food. I personally don't like feeding my dogs raw but I feel ok about this food since it's freeze dried. Also, they have no problems when I switch suddently between the two. I have noticed however, that their poopies don't shrink any vs. the sojos (when they were on Dr. Harvey's, they had the tiniest, perfect little poopies which is a good sign, BOL)

My foster dog Autumn is on the Embark since the gauranteed analysis is what is recommended for a cancer diet. She likes it and is doing well on it so far.

The only problem I have with this food and companies like Sojos is that they don't emphasize the need to add an essential fatty acid supplement. That is VERY VERY important to supplement when feeding like this and that should be written into to the feeding guidelines. Someone who is not that educated on pet nutrition might skip that and have bad results even though the food itself is good quality. Other than that, the foods are pretty good and all of mine love it.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Harley - RIP, Jul 8 10:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > More Disturbing Canidae News?

Doozer

Little dude with- a 'tude

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 5:44pm PST 
So I went to a new holistc pet store last night in my area for the first time to get my pups some Honest Kitchen. While I was there, I remembered that I needed to also get a bag of Canidae Platinum. The guy who owns the store tells me that these are the last bags of Canidae they will be carrying. He then tells me that he was notified that Canidae is going to start having their food produced in Diamond's facility??? He doesn't trust Diamond Foods (neither do I) and won't carry Canidae anymorebecause he feels the quality will go down and because they were involved in the recall, he feels the foods being made on the same machines won't be safe. He said it's because they need to increase production because they are going into the "big box" stores like Petco, etc.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this is true??? I was disapointed about the food change in the lamb and rice forumula (even tho I don't feed it) because it seemed like they are about to go downhill but this takes the cake if it's true.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 23 6:30 am

Dog Health > Sick Dog + Vacation Plans = ???

Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 5:04pm PST 
When we go away we have a pet sitter come in 4 times a day for let-outs, feedings, meds, etc. They are usually very professional and are used to having to give meds. Maybe you could find one in your area to help your brother out?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Newman, Jun 22 3:20 am

Behavior & Training > Rant and Brag all in one!
Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 4:53pm PST 
Hershey - hailhailhail

That was my point, only you said it way better (and faster!) than I did.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Norbert, Jun 21 4:44 am

Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 4:39pm PST 
The issue with the small dog IN THIS CASE is simply that he was WAY smaller than my dogs and could have been easily hurt. It was totally the fault of his irresponsible owners and I realize that. That is why I posted a follow-up that my whole issue with this is situation is that he could have been hurt or even killed by one of my bigger dogs. I have never ranted about small dogs at all. In fact, I have nothing against them and have one!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Norbert, Jun 21 4:44 am

Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 3:02pm PST 
BTW... Cash... you are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! hailhailhail
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Norbert, Jun 21 4:44 am

Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 3:01pm PST 
Yeah, I have several extra leashes and I thought about that later. I didn't even think of it and the kids grabbed the dog and were off before I even had a chance to offer it to them. Maybe I'll just leave one at their door overnight or something.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Norbert, Jun 21 4:44 am

Autumn

Do you mind if I- snore?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 2:59pm PST 
I was actually freaking because I was worried about one of my dogs hurting that little dog. I would never want to see another dog hurt and well, mine were just so much bigger than him and could have really hurt him! I feel so bad for him to have such irresponsible owners. I shouldn't be surprised. These are the same people that slaughtered a live goat in their backyard in broad daylight in a new residential subdivision! shock
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Norbert, Jun 21 4:44 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.