Postings by Mickey Doo Doo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 303: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Senior Dog Foods;
Roscoe the- Racehound&tr- ade;

Faster than a- speeding- jack-rabbit

Barked: Sun Jul 19, '09 8:04pm PST 
Yeah, a friend of mine made the same comment today.
"Roscoe's not old, he's middle-age for a beagle "

Well he really showed his "young-ness" this weekend when he chased a possum that's decided to take up residence in our backyard, up a treelaugh out loud

I did get the Senior Wellness canned food (though I'm not a fan of wet food) to mix in with his dry food.
I'm surprised, but it's helped with him eating so fast ; nothing else has worked .
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 19 8:04 pm

Barked: Tue Jul 14, '09 12:47pm PST 
Hahahha, Chocolate made a good point . I don't know too many seniors that get new food, they just adjust their diet and get supplements. laugh out loud

And to answer another poster's question, a beagles life-span is about 12-15 years & he's doing pretty well.
I'm definitely going to be doing more research, I simply am not sure where to start .
There seems I have a lot more to learn on dog nutritionlaugh out loud

Roscoe doesn't act like a senior dog really, people are generally surprised when I tell them he's turning 7 this year ..in August... ( it keeps slipping my mind, NOTE TO SELF laugh out loud)naughty
I think the only thing that really gives away his age is the white hairs on his face and things I notice since I know him so well (as most dog owners do know their dogs like the back of their hand)
His vet hasn't pushed Senior food on us either, he's actually very helpful & has never encouraged us to do anything that doesn't need to be done or benefit Roscoe.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 19 8:04 pm

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 2:14pm PST 
Thanks!
After I posted that I did run to the store and got his food, so I didn't have a chance to read over the material before hand-but I will now. I decided to get the Wellness Complete Health (the fish formula) and about two cans of Wellness ...Core... smile and I bought him a toothbrush & some toothpaste.
Because I get the 30lb bags of food , I'll definitely have more time to look and do more research on foods and nutrition.
So I will be taking a look at those articles way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 19 8:04 pm

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 11:22am PST 
Thanks guys ! BOL; I wasn't sure if he was "ready" for senior food just yet; I was just assuming that at seven dogs should start eating it .
He still plays like a puppy, is nowhere near overweight ( we keep healthy & fit) & is relatively healthy --excluding his eyes & hips .

But now that we've taken the senior food off the list, I'm back at square one . What food to pick ? He has a sensitive stomach && I'm not too fond of the liver or beef for him . I much prefer chicken or fish .

I've been looking at the Wellness Core; but I don't really understand the difference...
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 19 8:04 pm

Dogster Crushes > I would rather go blind;

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 10:24am PST 
would rather, I would rather go blind, girl
Then to see you walk away from me

so you see, I love you so much
That I don't wanna watch you leave me, baby
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't wanna be free

I definitely think we should get back together Angel . smile
I edited the lyrics a little bit, to suit you...

You can hear the song herecloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 12 10:24 am

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 10:17am PST 
Well, Roscoe is getting on in years now & his food is running low. Today I'll be going on a trip to get his new food, but I'm not sure whether not he should be on senior dog food yet. shrug

I thought of calling and talking to his vet (but they're closed on Sundays) but I heard that most veterinarians aren't nutritionists & may not be my best bet for questioning. (though I do have confidence in Dr. Honaker)

Currently I've been switching back between Solid Gold and Wellness, two foods I'd really rather stick with. I've looked on both the websites at their senior food formulas and am stuck between which once to choose...

Roscoe is moderately active, he likes to run around and play; we're becoming more active because he will be coming to my job, and we've been working out togetherlaugh out loud
But on the other side, he has arthiritis in his hips & lower spine and his eyes are deteriorating.

The only issue I've had with Solid Gold was with Hund-N-Flocken, it was very rich and roscoe began to eat his stool.

So any insight?...
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jul 19 8:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Whats an English Pit Bull?

Monroe- (Buckshot)

Judge me as an- individual.

Barked: Wed Jul 8, '09 7:55pm PST 
I know this is irrelevant...but Lilo looks like Lucky!laugh out loud

&& in response to another poster, all colors are accepted in APBT accept...merle. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Duppy Conquerer ~*CGC*~, Jul 8 8:14 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Whats an English Pit Bull?

Monroe- (Buckshot)

Judge me as an- individual.

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 5:19pm PST 
Like the previous poster said, there is no such thing as a "English" Pit Bull.
There is the American Pit Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Perhaps the owner of the dog bred english bull dogs and APBT together and decided to give it a "cutesy" "designer" name?
Or it is someone who clearly doesn't know about their bully breeds.

If you're looking to rescue and are located in the United States, you can try Petfinder to search for adoptable dogs in your area smile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Duppy Conquerer ~*CGC*~, Jul 8 8:14 pm

Dogster Crushes > Woah;

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '09 5:05pm PST 
We'll def post pictures; mum just needs to deposit her check.
--

Buddy, we def remeber you!way to go But if you don't remember yourself...big laugh you may have had too many dogaritaslaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jun 21 5:05 pm

Dogster Crushes > Woah;

Barked: Fri Jun 19, '09 10:29am PST 
Hey bitbit!!! Long time no Woof!!!
hug

--

Pretty good Sadie, how've you been???dancing

--
Mum graduated yesterday. Her gown (cap/gown) was blue, & he dress was tealish & she wore black pumps.
She's also decided to upgrade our Plus again so she can show all the wonderful pictures of us in her cap/gown! &&me too BOL!

smile
mum is officially done with school. so MORE TIME FOR MEE!!!!!cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Roscoe the Racehound™, Jun 21 5:05 pm

(Page 1 of 303: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.