Close X

Postings by Sumo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '16 5:03pm PST 
Flicka hug I'm so glad you're ok hug

hug Everyone hug

Ok, Jasper passed last month. We knew it was coming...but very difficult. He was such a sweet, goofy guy.

Hubby was in the hospital for a week. His cancer has come back. We find out more this coming Monday. Needless to say, it's been rough lately.

I'm glad to hear everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was low key but lovely. Hubby's parents, his sister and a nephew came along with my long time good friend (more like a sister) and her hubby.

I'm trying to stay out of a funk. It's working ... most of the time. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Nov 27, '16 9:21pm PST 
I tried to post earlier but it kept telling me to keep things G rated.shrug

Not sure what was wrong with my post. I edited it three times on stuff that wasn't a problem...but still wouldn't let me post. Let's see if this one goes through.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Oct 23, '16 6:42pm PST 
Bunny hug The universe will provide. hug

We winterized the 5th wheel today. Clean and ready to go or not. I did more yard work and put hoses away, etc. Hubby cleaned out my car so he can use it this week for work.

I made chili and cornbread for dinner. yummy.

Tea tomorrow with my sweet neighbor. cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 70 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Oct 21, '16 11:58am PST 
Wild Turkeys! Super cool.

Jasper has gained 3lbs way to go He is still eating, playing with Hershey, and loving on everyone. We have him on two pain meds and anti-biotics.

60 degrees here with sunshine. cloud 9

hug
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Oct 17, '16 10:33am PST 
Come over anytime Kali! The potato soup definitely hit the spot last night.

Thanks Flicka for the advise. Very frustrating as I really like these new earrings.

So, I'm in Peri-menopause...irregular periods, hot flashes, sweating for no reason, moody, cramping with no period...and hubby is in MANopause. He has been having cold flashes. It's like we've entered an alternate universe. He has always been Nanook of the North...never cold. It's so weird. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Oct 15, '16 5:04pm PST 
Gloomy and raining here. I'm going to make bread for tomorrow. Tomorrow i'm making potato soup. Mmm. The bread I make is made with apple cider beer and baked in my dutch oven...in the oven. It makes it like an old world bread with wonderful crust and soft middle.

It's starting to feel like it might snow. Achy bones.

So I have pierced ears and bought a pair of earrings at a craft festival. However, my ear lobes start to hurt when I wear them. Anyone experienced this? None of my other earrings have ever done this to my pierced ears.
[notify]
» There has since been 84 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '16 10:43am PST 
wave Hi furends!

It's been awhile since I've been on Dogster. Jasper is still hanging strong. We've changed up his meds...but he is still happy.

We traveled to the coast of Oregon (Florence) and drove up to Fort Stevens then home. We were gone the majority of Sept. We had our 5th wheel in tow and all our dogs. Fort Stevens state park is worth a visit. Hiking, fishing, lakes, ocean beach...all within walking distance from the campground.

I learned that Hershey is afraid of the ocean waves coming in. laugh out loud We had taken a walk to the beach and I was barefoot enjoying the cool water on my feet. Whenever a wave would roll in...Hershey ran the other way to get away from it, Jasper picked up his feet like he was stepping in something icky or weird...but didn't stop walking in it, and the little ones could care less.

We walked around the lake one day which was beautiful. No one else was on the trail.

We saw many Sea Lions (without the dogs with us) barking away and sunning themselves on the rocks.

It's good to be home and getting back to a routine. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 90 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '16 10:25am PST 
wave

Hi friends hug

It's spa day for the kids. Had to inform the groomer about Jasper's condition. They've been grooming him since he was a pup. The tumor is visibly bigger but no changes in his behavior or energy.

I followed up with the vet to ask about what to expect. She says, typically, it can go one of two ways. The first is that he will be fine and then take a severe turn for the worse to the end. The second is a constant up and down scenario making it more difficult to make the decision that its time.

She did say there was a possibility that his jaw could break at anytime too...which for me...would be the worse case scenario. I am soaking his food so it's soft and traded cookies (chicken jerky) and dental chews to soft lean cooked meat.

We've been going up to my friends "ranch" to play almost daily. They are loving it and crash when we get home.

I've said it before, I will miss this community so much. I'm very grateful for the years we've had together. flowersbig hug
[notify]
» There has since been 203 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '16 7:52pm PST 
hug

Full update for everyone. Flicka, you've gotten the scoop already.

Jasper's Result from the oncologist and pathologist consult: Prognosis is 3 months to live with or without treatment. Surgery is out of the question because too much bone is involved, radiation will shrink the tumor but doesn't do anything about it metastasizing which is what will kill him.

Our plan is to keep him comfortable for as long as possible and enjoy the time we have left.

Take care my friends!
[notify]
» There has since been 251 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '16 9:14pm PST 
hug Friends hug

The vet called today. Bad news...It IS the very aggressive cancer and it is in his jaw bone. This particular type of cancer spreads to the lymph nodes in the neck then chest. However, his chest X-ray is currently clear. We don't know about his lymph nodes. My vet has more questions for the oncologist and pathologist.

They can do another test with the specimen they already have to see about a timeline of it spreading and what would be the best approach from there. cry

The glitch in all this is we are leaving for MN Saturday. We are driving and visiting historical sites along the way. Our annual karate tournament is in Forrest Lake and because I'm now a Board of Governors member...I'm kinda required to be there. The plan was to be gone three weeks but now we will probably cut the trip short depending on what we find out next. I hear more Friday. The vet knows about our trip.

Flicka - Men are the most stubborn creatures when it comes to their own healthcare and it's exacerbating. My hubby is the same dam way.
[notify]
» There has since been 262 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mon 1:07 pm

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.