Postings by Sumo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 207: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '15 9:32am PST 
hug Lily

Flicka...I'm with you on that!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '15 5:02pm PST 
Thanks everyone hug

I love hearing happy endings to rescue pups stories. My Pepper Pooh's mother and her pups were dumped in a park in the middle of winter....the coldest week of January. They all survived and all got adopted including the mom. Pepper was the last pup to get adopted...by us.

Sumo was in horrible condition when we rescued him...two abscessed teeth, impacted anal glands, UTI, underweight, and a frost bitten testicle. We named him Sumo because of his huge capacity to love again once he was well.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Aug 22, '15 9:35pm PST 
wave Hi friends wave

We just returned from our camping trip to Cascade, Idaho. It's very Smokey there and here. So many fires in the northwest...our air has been deemed unhealthy and we have been warned not to go outside unless necessary. hug Firefighters hug

I almost drowned in Cascade "floating" the Payette River. I was told it would be smooth and lovely...which is why I went. I made sure they knew I am still recovering from a compression fracture.

We got our life vests and our tubes. Got in the water where we were dropped off and floated around a bend...into a rapid. Hubby got pulled away from it and I got pulled into it. I braced myself and had a death grip on the tube. Under I went and spun around in what felt like a water turbine for longer than I thought I would. I kept thinking, "ok, I'm going to pop up soon." I was starting to run out of air when I got a small break and surfaced for a brief moment before I got pulled under again by the force of the current.

I couldn't figure out why my life vest wasn't helping. Spun around some more then Finally I popped up under the tube. I pushed it over but was still sinking and being pulled down... until I felt the tip of a rock. Karate toes...don't fail me now! Gripped it as best I could and pulled myself over to it. Balancing precariously on the tip of this rock...water level high and rushing fast...I was able to sort of gather my baring's and get some air.

I saw the direction I needed to go to make it back to the bank. Mind you I still have a death grip on the tube...which is why I think I didn't drown. Anyway, I slowly felt my way towards the bank...rock by rock until I made it. By then, Hubby had gotten out of the water and met me on the bank. He handed me the end of his paddle to pull me up and out of the deep, fast current.

I lost my prescription sunglasses and my hat...hubby lost his hat...but I am alive and I didn't get banged up on the rocks too bad. The life vest I had was crap and I complained.

Hubby said when he looked back to see where I was...He saw nothing. That's when he navigated himself over to land and rushed over to where he thought I might be.

So the next several days camping I would wake up about 3am feeling like I was under water and couldn't breathe. I decided I needed to re-adjust my mind so I would fall asleep designing/re-modeling hubby's sister's cabin. It worked and I was able to sleep better after that. big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '15 2:17pm PST 
Congrats Ty! Cash is a stunning young man!

120 degrees Flicka!!! Good grief! That's awful!!!! Stay safe in those temps hug

My vet is booked til next Monday...but hubby and I are leaving tomorrow for Cascade, Idaho through the 20th of this month. I need to decide If I want to take her to another vet in that practice. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 56 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '15 3:56pm PST 
We have had nothing but rain for the last three days. Highly unusual for this time of year. I'm not complaining...it's been nice not to have triple digit temperatures.

I found a mole on Miss Scarlett that is pretty nasty looking. It was bleeding today. Of course, the vets are closed. I'll take her in on Monday. I cleaned it up and cut hair away so I could see it better. Very nasty looking. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 9:40pm PST 
Pow Wow this weekend. Indian relays tomorrow. Love to watch the riders...amazing athletes.

We are officially on vacation for two weeks. We leave for Cascade, Idaho on Tuesday. cloud 9

hugbig hug Hugs to anyone needing one hugbig hug
[notify]
» There has since been 70 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '15 10:29am PST 
Sonja didn't eat breakfast this morning and has been more clingy than usual. I have her on my lap right now so she isn't pacing.

Lily - I said Petfinder was NOT a good place to browse laugh out loud

I had tea with my neighbor yesterday cloud 9 Her daughter-in-law is a Physical Therapist who works with autistic kids. She asked her supervisor to not work with a particular kid because of her pregnancy. Supervisor refused and that client kicked her in the stomach putting her on bed rest a high risk per her OB/GYN. Can you say "Law Suit." My neighbors son is in the navy and out for 3 more weeks so she went to help out.

Grey skies here today. High of 86. Not bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Jul 26, '15 9:39pm PST 
I have 4 tween girls (one is my great niece) staying with us til Thursday. Tomorrow they are all going to a sewing camp for the day. They will be making Traveling Kits. We have all our supply's. They're going to be cute!

Looking at Petfinder isn't wise either Bunny laugh out loud

big hughug Friends
[notify]
» There has since been 107 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Jul 24, '15 12:57am PST 
I'm not able to sleep. Had one of my long time students leave my dojo for good. I know I'll be ok with it. It's for the best. It just hurts right now.

He's a narcissist. Nothing is ever his fault. He belongs to the "but brigade" as I call it. I'm not a racist, but... I'm not sexist, but... etc. Usually what comes after the "but" is an attempt to minimalize and justify the person's bad behavior.

This is me letting it go. relieved

I've been lucky. None of my dogs have been skunked (knock on wood). I did have a close call with a badger once. I may have told this story before so forgive me if I repeat myself.

I was hiking with 4 dogs off leash on a county trial. We stopped mid-way at a creek to rest and get water. The dogs are milling about while I stepped into the creek to cool off. I then noticed a bush rustling. I thought it was one of my dogs but out waddled a large badger. Half my brain thought, "cool!" the other half went, "oh sh!t". I turned and ran down the hill in hopes my dogs wouldn't see the badger. I got very lucky because none of them saw it and followed me back down the trail. relieved

We have good folks here on Dogster hug It makes me crazy when people have wild animals as "pets." To me, it's (for the lack of a better word) sac-religious. Especially wolves.

I'm off to play the breed game. Something mindless for awhile. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 118 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '15 3:42pm PST 
I've been sleeping a lot since I got everything wrapped up regarding tournament. I got all results posted, items shipped off to those who ordered things, organized all tournament material into a very large container with wheels, and finished paying bills.

hug Flicka hug

We have a neighbor that walks his dog off lead...sort of. The dog has a leash attached to his collar but holds the leash in his mouth. It's adorable and they seem to be in tune with one another.

I don't understand how anyone could leave a dog in a hot car for long periods of time. We have people who do it with babies and small children too. grr.
[notify]
» There has since been 129 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sat 1:11 pm

(Page 1 of 207: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.