Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 219: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Jun 25, '17 9:15pm PST 
Lost my Amerauracana, Penelope yesterday. Not sure why. No visible signs of problems. I'm told birds can just drop dead. Bummer.

Flicka - I'd love for you to come, but I don't think my suitcase will be comfortable

laugh out loud

Sumo is now wearing the cone of shame. His wound is at the itchy part of healing and he won't leave it alone. Two more days until stitches come out. Poor guy.
[notify]
» There has since been -3 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Jun 19, '17 9:53pm PST 
hug Flicka hug I don't know how you stand that beastly heat. hug Sending love hug

We are taking my great niece with us to Hawaii this year. We get there on the 4th of July and will get to watch fireworks at a beach on the ocean.

Sumo is done with his antibiotics and the vet called today to let me know his eye biopsy was negative for cancer. cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Jun 17, '17 6:43pm PST 
Try Aussie or Chi rescue sites around their area. They may be able to help. hug

Sorry I haven't been around much. Hubby had a rough time after treatment and ended up in the ER. All is ok now.

We've been enjoying sitting outside in the evening and watching the chickens free range. As I suspected, Miss Scarlett and Sumo could care less about them. I put Hershey and Abby inside an X-pen so he can remain calm, be with us, and not bother the chickens. Abby thinks she's tough and likes to charge the chicken run fence line...all 5 lbs of her. I think when the chicken mature...they'll be bigger than she is. laugh out loud

So I have 5 chickens. one Buff Orpington (Buffy McNugget), one Black Australorp (Agnes Hatchington), one ISA Brown (Eleanor Hennessy), one Amerauracana (Penelope Cackle), and a Swedish Flower Hen named Tuva the Hun. Shes the oldest. I got her at 14 weeks when the others were 8 weeks old.

They are fun to watch. Tuva, of course, is queen bee. She acts like a rooster in that she will alert the rest of trouble and they all go running back to their run. Eleanor is second in command with Buffy looking at the third position...Although Buffy likes to do her own thing away from the group sometimes. Eleanor likes to run up on the others and get in their face, wiggling her neck, as if to say "try me". All neck, no action. LOL

Agnes is like the little sister who wants to be part of everything her big sisters are doing. She runs over to one to see what she's up to then when someone else finds something interesting she runs over to them to check it out, and so on. Penelope is at the bottom of the pecking order and is content to just hang out and not cause any trouble. She's starting to get her cheek toughs. So cute!

The littler ones are still in their ugly duckling stage but you can start to see their big girl look.

Sumo had to have his right eye removed last week. Glaucoma set in bad and caused a nasty infection. Vet said the eye was toast and would continue to get infected if it wasn't removed. 15 years old, healthy as a horse and now a crusty old pirate. laugh out loud
He is healing well.

Love to everyone hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Apr 9, '17 6:47pm PST 
Anyone else having trouble getting onto Dogster?

We had snow again after beautiful spring weather for the last week.

Hubby is getting stronger...but still needing lots of rest. He went and helped with a Lure Coursing event that our local Kennel Club put together. He came home and slept mostly from 4pm til morning.

So, I found out about an annual "Chicken Stock" in a neighboring city coming up in May. Sounds Like I will be attending so I can look at chickens!!!!!!! Hubby said he'd come with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 88 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Apr 4, '17 11:19am PST 
Hubby's recovery time is 2-4 weeks according to the nurse. He's still swollen and in pain but on pain meds managing it...as well as icing.

I did some more yard clean up yesterday. Plants are starting to poke their heads up. I planted two dwarf apple trees dancing Honeycrisp and a Crimson (its pollinator)

I've had difficulty getting logged into Dogster lately. hughughughughug Thinking of you all
[notify]
» There has since been 94 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Mar 30, '17 5:42pm PST 
hughughughughug Flicka hughughughughug eek I hope you are feeling better hug

Hubby had surgery today. Everything went well. Kidney stints are out and he is feeling good on the pain meds. Trying to keep him resting, hydrated and walking a little.

Dea - I think we will all like a handy-person for our homes if you win the lotto laugh out loudwink
[notify]
» There has since been 100 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Mar 24, '17 9:43am PST 
hughughughughug

Yes, I'm very excited about having chickens. I'm buying the Eglu Cube.

I've looked at other coops but by the time I buy all the equipment needed to keep them warm, water/feeders, a run, etc. It costs more and I don't have to worry about a heat lamp starting a fire, stringing an electrical cord out to the coop, and I don't get the ease of cleaning, etc.

Raccoons are naughty! We have skunks in our area but they stay out of our yard because of the dogs. The squirrels can barely get in....but when they do....its very entertaining.
[notify]
» There has since been 109 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Mar 23, '17 2:08pm PST 
hughughughughug London hughughughughug

You should check out the coops I'm looking at. Google Eglu Cube. They also have walk-in predator proof runs.
[notify]
» There has since been 112 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Mar 21, '17 10:10am PST 
Wow...90 already! That's incredible!

I tweaked my back yesterday cleaning yard and house. Pain! in more ways than one.

So, I've been looking into getting chickens! It won't be for awhile but I'm excited. We have had lots of earwigs eating all my plants. I can't stand them and would love chickens eating them laugh out loud In my research of chicken breeds...I've decided on 5 to rotate through. In no particular order:

1. Black Australorps
2. Buff Orpingtons
3. Speckled Sussex
4. Dominiques
5. Ameraucanas

They tend to be described as the most docile/friendly, poor flyers, great for backyards since they are quiet and easy on gardens, good with confinement or free ranging, cold hardy, and several are excellent layers in winter.

I have my coop picked out. Its from the UK. It's called an Eglu Cube. Double glazed design makes it warm in the winter and cool in the summer...so no need to have a heat lamp. It's easy to clean and easy access to nesting area. Simple and easily moved.

Hubby wants to wait til next year, which is fine so I can start getting the set up.
[notify]
» There has since been 114 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Mar 19, '17 2:21pm PST 
Hersey almost caught a squirrel this morning. They ran into each other. The squirrel raced up on the garage roof, turned and stomped his feet and chattered fiercely at Hersh laugh out loud

65 degrees here and lovely.

Forgive me if I've told ya'll already...but Hubby had a CAT Scan last week and shows his kidney function is good and cancer tumors are shrinking...even in his lymph nodes happy dance So we have scheduled surgery to remove the kidney stints...which is what is causing him pain. Doc says it's time to take them out...but may need them again sometime down the road.

Does anyone remember Winnie? Standard Poodle friend on Dogster...she's looking at retiring here in Pocatello. She called me yesterday and we chatted for quite awhile.

Hope all is well with everyone hughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 117 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:15 pm

(Page 1 of 219: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.