Postings by Willy Moo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 127: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > cost effective high quality kibbles
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:31am PST 
i have heard good things about that food. i will have to check out the price at our petco.

thanks for the suggestion wave
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Jan 29 9:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > cost effective high quality kibbles
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:44am PST 
Hi everyone,
It’s been a long time since I have posted on dogster but I have a question regarding kibbles. We have two dogs. One is about 60 lbs and the other I think is somewhere around 50 lbs. currently we feed them normally Blue Buff Wilderness formula. I think sometimes we buy a different grain free version of Blue Buff that is relatively newish.
Im looking for a way to bring down our costs because we will be having a baby in early May and I will be quitting my job. Right now with both of us working full time we kind of spend our money freely on our army of pets (I also have 3 guinea pigs). I would like to keep them on a high quality kibble as I truly believe in the long run it is more cost effective with less vet visits due to crappy food. It doesn’t have to be grain free though I think I may need to monitor this as our hound mix sometimes has gross poops and I think the grain free helps with that, but otherwise they do not have allergies.
Blue Buff Wilderness I think is around $55-$60 for the big bag. Is there a good quality kibble that is cheaper?

thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Jan 29 9:22 pm

Dog Health > cinnamon

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 5:21am PST 
we have an ant explosion in our house all of a sudden.

someone recommended sprinkling cinnamon around because ants hate cinnamon.

we have 2 dogs, is cinnamon harmful to dogs at all?

thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jul 18 3:44 am

Food & Nutrition > making soft food out of grain free kibble

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:07am PST 
we kept the kibble in water in the fridge while it's soaking. is that ok for the bacteria issue? because the whole thing about not allowing him anything but soft food (ie no toys of any kind) in his mouth is to keep backteria out of his mouth.

this concerns me now
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Jun 4 5:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > making soft food out of grain free kibble

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 5:36am PST 
one of my dogs had an abscessed tooth removed yesterday so we need to feed him soft food for two weeks.
we were told kibble that has been moistened and is soft is fine.
we feed Blue Buff Wilderness grain free kibble.
it took SEVERAL HOURS before the kibble was even remotely soft.
we ended up feeding him canned food but we dont want to feed him *only* canned food because it's super expensive and he's not used to it and i dont want to upset his tummy. we were planning on doing a mix of canned with soft kibble

we ended up filling his bowl with his breakfast last night and putting water in it overnight to see if that would help and my husband said it still wasnt 100% mushy this morning.

is it because it's the grain free version?
any tips on making it mushier faster? hot water????
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Jun 4 5:44 pm

Dog Health > butt issues
Marty

Captain No Fun

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 9:40am PST 
ok i just called the vet.

i told them the situation and asked if he had been a difficult patient and maybe they didnt juice them fully.
she pulled his chart and said there was nothing on the chart detailing any difficulties with him or expressing the sacs. the only thing that was noted was that they were very full.

she said we could certainly bring him in and have the vet examine him rather than a tech but knowing he probably wont let the vet examine the butt i asked if maybe we should try the fecal float route first and see if he has worms. i mentioned he is part beagle and has an insatiable appetite for eating poo no matter how hard i try to keep an eye on where we're walking shrug and she said that was perfectly fine so i think i will drop off a poop sample as soon as i can.

i dont know about an abscess, would we be able to see it or would it be inside?

my husband watched a youtube video on expressing anal sacs the other day and tried it himself and nothing came out but we have no idea if he was doing it right and Marty wasnt 100% down with what was going on.

i feel so bad for the little guy, he keeps chewing on his butt!!! frown
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Dec 2 9:00 am

Dog Health > butt issues

Marty

Captain No Fun

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 4:29pm PST 
our beagle/mutt mix Marty has been having a lot of butt issues.
he has been chewing on his butt a lot.
either last week or the week before we took him to have his anal sacs expressed as in the past that has helped.

it seemed to give him some temporary relief but a few days later he started chewing at his butt again.

is it possible that he would need his anal sacs expressed again so soon or that they didnt empty them completely??

what would my next step be?
is it possible he has worms? should i bring a poop sample to the vet for a fecal float?

i dont want to take him to the vet for an exam unless absolutely necessary. he completely shuts down at the vet. he does *ok* to get his anal sacs expressed but for an actual exam he shuts down completely and to get to his butt might be imposible.

thoughts??
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Dec 2 9:00 am

Dog Health > lump on paw

Marty

Captain No Fun

Barked: Wed Aug 31, '11 11:11am PST 
i ended up changing my mind and took Marty to the vet last night.
they did a needle aspirate and they think it is an allergic reaction to something like a bite or sting.
he has a cream for it and an antibiotic dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Marty, Aug 31 11:11 am

Dog Health > lump on paw

Marty

Captain No Fun

Barked: Tue Aug 30, '11 9:50am PST 
have been doing a hot compress a couple times a day and the lump seems to be getting a little bigger and maybe a little more red.
i dont see anything that looks like a head yet but im hoping the fact that it seems to be getting a little bigger means a head will form.

ive tried gently squeezing and poking at it and that doesnt do anything.

still not bothering him and luckily he just lays there and does nothign while i do the hot compress. normally he doesnt like his paws messed wtih so maybe the hot compress feels good.

gonna give hot compressing a few more days before i call the vet but i think we may need to bring him in to get a sample of what's inside it :/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Marty, Aug 31 11:11 am

Dog Health > lump on paw
Marty

Captain No Fun

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 5:34am PST 
so not to be dumb but how often do i do the hot compress??

i just did it now and re-wet it three times to make it hot again. so maybe 15 minutes total of hot compress.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Marty, Aug 31 11:11 am

(Page 1 of 127: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.