Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Laws & Legislation > What do you think of PETA?
Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 5:33pm PST 
Wow! I stirred up quite the topic! But I agree with what all of you have been saying. I though also that more here on Dogster would love PETA by virtue of what they supposedely stood for if nothing else. I have cringed for 4 days now after watching those videos. Of course it makes me all the madder and all the sadder to see this stuff. I had been hearing bad things about them but you guys supported and clarified my suspicions. Like I said I don't want to belong to a bunch of hypocrites and would have absolutely nothing to do with a group that euthanizes animals. I may not be able to save them all, but I will continue to save one at a time! I'm convinced now that the local work I'm doing with a rescue league as well as my work at the dog club is the right direction and a direction I will persue all the more!
Thanks furpals for all the advise!

We wuf you all!!
If any of you get ober to our page, pawlease stop by, say HI, and sign our guest book!!
[notify]
» There has since been 140 posts. Last posting by , May 20 2:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Do fat dogs need less exercise?
Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 5:13pm PST 
I forwarded this post to the sight administrators....enough is enough!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:43pm PST 
Having a dog is not about what your "willing" to do.....Its about WANTING to do!!! They are a member of the family, not some "IT" that smells or sheds!!!!!!!!!!!!!You've no business with a dog PERIOD!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:40pm PST 
Did you ever think about loving it??????
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:09pm PST 
Good grief,

This is making us sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only pray the shelter does "their" work....if they do, this person won't get near a flea!!!!!!!!!!!1

We are praying at a very fast pace over here!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 8:55am PST 
Good grief, I have to agree with Kieko! Is this post for real? If it is, a dog is the last thing this person needs..... I'm to the point I can't fathum that someone would actually be thinking a fat dog would be good to have so they don't have to do anything. I'm sorry, I just can't take this kind of ignorance or just plain stupidity. If this is legimate, this is a perfect example of why we have so many homeless dogs in this country and allowing this person to get a dog of ANY type wouldn't happen on my watch!
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Raw Food Diet > Looking for a little advise

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 6:18pm PST 
I have just recently switched all my babies to an all natural holistic diet and am quite happy with my results so far. The brand of kibble I am using offers a rotation diet and part of that includes raw food. I've not done much research in the raw food area yet. My concerns are: My dogs are small and I worry about bones and choking, 2: I worry about salmonella contamination. 3: My dogs are all day feeders, meaning their bowls are set up in the mornings with their kibble/sea meal/salamon oil and they eat as they are hungry, I'm concerned that they would treat raw food the same way, thereby my loosing track of perhaps "burried" raw chunks of say "turkey necks" (which is one raw item available and recommended for small dogs, cut up into 1" pieces) laying around my house.

I like the idea of variety very much and using some form of raw along with home made foods in addition to their kibble.

Reviews on Raw diets seem to be mixed. Anybody doing a diet similiar to mine and have any tips or successes they want to share?

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 3:09 am

Dogster Railroad > Transportation helper available here for East Coast, Virginia area

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 6:09pm PST 
Can help with pup transport anywhere in Va, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, or West Va!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 8:18 pm

Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 6:07pm PST 
My sentiments are the same as Apollo...Dogs need care, affection, attention and EXCERSIZE. If it's a couch potato partner you're looking for, perhaps you should look into a stuffed animal?
[notify]
» There has since been 68 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 1:44 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > What do you think of PETA?
Da' Beachie- Girls!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 2:43pm PST 
I've recently spent some time on the PETA sight and tears have flowed down my face. These videos are so graphic that I cringe when I watch them and it bothers me for hours after. I have heard mixed reviews about PETA and I don't know much about them other than they are supposed to be interested in ethical treatment of animals. I am retired due to disability and as a result have put my love for animals into motion. I've 4 dogs now, rescued two of them, volunteering with a local rescue league and becoming a trainer so I can train dogs in foster care as well as shelters basic obedience plus so their chances of adoption can increase. I've also joined a local dog club where I can volunteer and do things with my own precious babies. I'm hearing as well as reading that PETA euthanized something like 17,000 animals in the last year, that they're hypocrits..It's obvious they use extreme's to jolt people to reality. I'm asking this in part because their headquarters is in my town and I was thinking about joining them but I don't want anything to do with hypocrits!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 164 posts. Last posting by , May 20 2:42 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.