Postings by My Family

GO!

Get Well Soon > Is there any help when your dog has Cancer??

Mia

Let's run

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 7:20am PST 
Thanks for your response. I did use care credit to pay for part of her surgery so I was very thankful for that. I have done a lot of thinking and I just am putting chemo off for now. As of now there is no indication of cancer in her body as the tumor was removed and I am going to try to help her stay that way. I am going to kkeep checking her to try to stay on top of if any tumors come back that I get to them right away. She is doing really well though I have switched her to having good bottled water and to have grain free food with no carcinogens so hopefully her immune system is improving already.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 7 9:21 pm

Get Well Soon > Is there any help when your dog has Cancer??
Mia

Let's run

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 9:48am PST 
Ok so I have two dogs both 6 1/2 years old and recently my worst nightmare has come true when I found a huge lump on my female dogs chest. I took her in immediately and the asperation showed abnormal mast cells so they said they had to remove it to know what it was, but everyone thought it was just a fatty mass. After surgery the surgeon told me how the thyroid was mixed up in the mass and he felt the abnormal cells came from the thyroid and really felt that it was not cancer, but we had to wait to confirm. On Saturday I got the call that Mia has cancer she it was a Mass hystamine tumor they removed and the dr recommended she start chemo therapy. The problem is that I just spent basically $1,000 already just doing all these tests getting her up to date on all her vaccinations and tests and the surgery and I am a single mom with a 4 year old son. I love my dogs so much I have cried so much. As of now I don't believe there are any indications that it is anywhere else in her body, but this type of cancer tends to come back and keep coming back so chemo is her best chance. There has to be some way to get her the medical care she needs. I am putting her on the dog cancer diet and doing what I can to build her immune system and help her fight it naturally as much as I can, but even if it means giving her to someone who can afford it if it means my dog can live more than the 2 years she was given I would do anything for her. Please I am so lost I don't know anything about this if anyone can help me at all put me in the right direction or just let me know this is a normal reaction and let me know there is nothing. I need to know something though.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 7 9:21 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.