Postings by Aurora Borealis's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tesla's final days and said good bye to a different long term family not to long ago.
Tesla-Troope- r

Overly happy,- spastic, loving- girl

Barked: Mon Jan 27, '14 4:47pm PST 
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Jan 27 4:47 pm

Dogster Railroad > Transport for dog in full pound, Ohio to MI
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 1:14pm PST 
Thanks for the bump. I was unable to get him because I was outside of state and he was put to sleep. :=( So sad, being put to sleep just because I live in a different state. I'll always remember my would-be Grayson.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Aurora Borealis, Jan 26 1:14 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Good bye Dogster

Lassie - In loving- memmory

Forever on my- mind forever in- my heart

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 9:17am PST 
I agree, I think they should have either sold the site or find someone to maintain it! This is my go to place when all else has failed. Which has happened many times! It's all just an excuse for them to not have to monitor it anymore and they're bored of it.

Being that my house is normally a zoo of animals, I've seen a lot grow up, grow old, and die. Sometimes it brings a smile to my face just to be able to read the info about them again. Or if I need to make a tough decision on something, it's great to get other dog (and/or in my case cat) lovers opinions.

There is no where else I've found that I can get support for dying loved ones either. It's just not the same from people who don't love furbabies as much as us.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kali, Mar 5 4:21 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade recipies?

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 9:11am PST 
Hi,

I've tried raw with my girl and she loved it. I tried everything they said to get her body adjusted to the change. The diarrhea goes away for a week or so then comes back. So, I think her stomach just doesn't like it. So, instead of switching back to kibble I'd like to try home cooked. Any one have any info or recipes?

Just an FYI I have successfully changed 6 other of my pets over to raw.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 12:45 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tesla's final days and said good bye to a different long term family not to long ago.

Tesla-Troope- r

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 8:55am PST 
Tesla was diagnosed with Osteo saracoma about 3.5 months ago. She was doing really good and so far made it 1.5 months past the time the vet gave her. She was doing really good, out running and playing with Daisy my beagle. The next day it hit her like a ton of bricks. Within days she was going on herself barely able to get up. I took her to the vet and got meds for her, it's helping some, she is going outside and doing half squats to go potty. But I know the end is near. I recently lost another family member, Tiger my kitty. Just an FYI Tesla is 13 and I've had her since she was 6 months old. Tiger was 16 and had her since she was 4 weeks old, she was found out wondering with the late Peppermint who died about 10 years ago due to brain cancer.

Two hits like this has taken its toll. To see Tesla progress like this has been nothing short of horrific. Before this summer Tesla was going on long walks in the park, 3+ hours. Now to see her body so mangled and so close to the end is hard.

My kitty died 4 days before her diagnoses.

I'm not really asking for any advice or anything like that. More of just letting it out. They say it's good to do. But I don't have any friends or family that really understand. So I figured maybe sharing it with fellow dog lovers may help. >.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Jan 27 4:47 pm

Dogster Railroad > Transport for dog in full pound, Ohio to MI
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 11:29am PST 
Looking for transport from West Union, OH (Adams county dog pound) to Clarkston, MI for the following dog:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28228307/

I have been told the pound is full and they will be euthanizing soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Aurora Borealis, Jan 26 1:14 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > List of high-kill shelters in MI?

Tesla-Troope- r

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 3:34pm PST 
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Can't believe I didn't think of that!:=)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Jan 7 3:34 pm

Tesla-Troope- r

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 6:10am PST 
Also, maybe even on the Ohio/Michigan border too.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Jan 7 3:34 pm

Dog Health > Osteo sarcoma (bone cancer)

Tesla-Troope- r

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 6:09am PST 
Why give up a fight that has just begun? Tesla is still kicking and I'll fight for her to the bitter end. Why give up the easy way? I feel as if people see euthanasia as an easy way out. If it's so humane, why don't we euthanize people? Just some food for thought.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 10 4:52 pm

Tesla-Troope- r

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 6:07am PST 
I was wondering if anyone knew of any lists of high-kill shelters in MI, or if you even knew of any high kill shelters? I've been looking on the web, but I can't find any updated ones. Partly because some of those shelters I KNOW are no-kill shelters now.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Jan 7 3:34 pm

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.