Postings by ~ Jake ~'s Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > Are boxers usually hard to train?

~ Jake ~

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '07 8:50am PST 
I would say that they are easier to train if you start them young. Consistency and daily work are what is best. And Boxers are very smart and will try to get away with breaking the rules if you don't stay on top of things. So, love them, play with them, love them some more, and work work work with them every day. I don't think real 'training' ever ends. And by the way, you are the one being trained, not them. You must understand how the "dog" world is so that you can better work with your dog. You can email me directly if you want. I have worked with a trainer since my boy was 10 weeks old. I would love to share what I have learned, but it's too much info for this area. But no matter what, consistency is the key. Everyone in the household has to be on board and using the same terminology, otherwise doggy will get confused and disregard everything you are trying to teach him/her. Good luck!! esrichie@yahoo.com
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~ Jake ~, Oct 19 8:50 am

Behavior & Training > Are boxers usually hard to train?
~ Jake ~

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '07 1:07pm PST 
Hi there. I'm new here so I don't know if you have resolved your issues or not. Let me know, cuz my mom paid $600 for my trainer and we've had a wonderful outcome. My mom is happy to share any knowledge she has with you or anyone else who needs/wants it.

Jakesnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ~ Jake ~, Oct 19 8:50 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.