Postings by Sandy(In Loving Memory)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 124: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Have you looked at your dogs ashes ?
Sandy(In- Loving- Memory)

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Sat May 5, '12 3:44am PST 
Sandy left us exactly two years ago yesterday (May 4th).
We got her ashes in a wooden box with a plaque on the top with 'Sandy' on it. Never really thought about opening the ashes though. I honestly don't think I would be able to without crying.
You see I grew up with Sandy and she was my everything. I didn't get to say goodbye to her because she was put down by the vet when I was in school. cry
For the first few weeks we kept her ashes downstairs so everyone in the family or even friends could come over and 'see' Sandy. She really was a loved dog and I was actually amazed by the amount of people that showed up (friends&family) of course) just to say goodbye to Sandy.
Sandy's ashes are currently in my parents room,but some nights I bring her into my room with me.
I don't plan on scattering her ashes, I wouldn't be able to say good bye to her, call me selfish if you want, but I want her to stay with us forever. little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Seela, May 8 12:15 am

Dog Health > Advice Needed Please!
Roxie

♥Roxie- the Super- Sprollie♥

Barked: Sat May 5, '12 3:36am PST 
Well, last Monday Roxie got spayed.
She came home with the e-collar on and for the rest of the night she was kinda 'dopey' which is kinda expected from the anaesthetic.
But more and more in the last few days we have found that even with the e-collar on she is able to lick or bite at the stitching.
Basically she lifts her back leg up (when lying down) and sticks her head down towards the stitches and starts licking and biting at them.
Has anybody elses dog ever been able to do this?
If so, or even if not, is there any advice you can give to me so that she doesn't continue doing this?

Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 5 8:45 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > Who Pretended to be a Dog When They Were a Kid?

Roxie

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 6:05am PST 
You're a teacher?! Wow, haha! smile
Oh yeah, I'm that kid that always has a ball around. I even take over my PE lesson sometimes when the teacher has to leave early or they have an assembly to attend.
Even in other lessons, I find something to do like that.
My Science teacher is really into sports, and he had a rugby ball at the back of the room, so what did I do?!laugh out loud
I went straight over to the back of the room and threw the ball straight to one of the lads,and he threw it back...then the teacher walked inbig laugh
Got into a bit of trouble, but not much because he knows what I'm likebig laugh
In other lessons my teachers have to remind me that we're not in PE because I'm either loud or pretending to tackle my friendslaugh out loud
I always take a tennis ball out with Roxie, and we always play fetch with it,she prefers to play with me rather than anyone else in the family because I can throw to ball the furthest!dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Delta, Sep 7 10:28 am

Roxie

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 5:53am PST 
IKR?
I know a lot of the younger kids in the sreet, and now they just sit around and chat. None of them even take out a ball with them! We used to play dodgeball, football, timebomb and everything!shrug
I'm still in school though(Year 9), but I have my heart set on being a PE Teacherwink

How about you? smile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Delta, Sep 7 10:28 am

Roxie

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 5:40am PST 
Yes!laugh out loud
Up until now I thought I was the only onebig laugh
I used to either pretend to be a dog, or a lion. Big difference like, but they have always been my favourite animalsbig grin
I used to run up and down the street like a lion and a dogshh
When we played 'house' I was always the doglaugh out loudred face
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Delta, Sep 7 10:28 am

Puppy Place > Puppy Graduation! (Pictures Galore!)
Roxie

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 4:36am PST 
Happy Birthday Cutie!cheerparty
Loved the pictures!!!waveway to goapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mulder, Dec 10 2:58 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Need wings??

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Sat Aug 6, '11 5:08am PST 
Sandy's been at the bridge for over a year, and needs her wingslittle angel
If you're not too busy, could you make her some? smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Alice, Aug 18 4:40 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Friends at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Fri Aug 5, '11 2:12am PST 
I'd love to join you guys camping!wave
Do you have a spare tent?

Ps; Thanks for the rosette!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 461 posts. Last posting by Griffin, Forever in Our Hearts, Thu 9:14 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Should You Get the Day Off When Your Dog Dies?

Roxie

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 4:29am PST 
Yes!
When my first dog, Sandy, died I couldn't even face the thought of going to school the next day, so my parents kept my sister and I off.
The day after I went in though.
People were asking why I was off, and I couldn't say, I knew if I explained, I'd start crying.
My form tutor took me a side and asked what was wrong, and I wouldn't tell him, so he sent me to a teacher that he knew I get on really well with, and it took all my courage to tell him. He was really understanding, and didn't make me go to lessons that day, he kept me with him.

Sandy died 4th May 2010.

Even now, I get upset and wonder how I made it this far.
I remember going into school on 4th May this year, and first lesson was Science, and we had a supply. I was in no mood to speak to her. She kept asking what was wrong, as did most people in the class. I wouldn't say. My friends knew anyway.
In the end, I ended up getting up and walking out of the class.
I stood outside the room for a bit, and opposite is the P.E. Office(Staffroom)..
The teacher who I actually told walked out of the PE Office, and said "Been sent out again?" I went "oh, no. I walked out?" He asked why, and I said it doesn't matter. He stood there for a moment, thinking. Then said "Wait, it's been a year today hasn't it?..You know, since Sandy died." I was amazed that he actually remembered, and I admitted that was why I walked out. He went "oh.. well... you don't want to be standing out here by yourself, that isn't going to help. Come for a walk with me", I ended up staying with him for the whole day again.

But, again, I think you should get the day off.
People are more understanding than you think.
Which is exactly what this teacher proved to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Aug 7 11:07 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Friends at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 4:18am PST 
wave
I've been at the Bridge since the 4th of May 2010 frown
My family miss me soo much
[notify]
» There has since been 463 posts. Last posting by Griffin, Forever in Our Hearts, Thu 9:14 pm

(Page 1 of 124: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.