Postings by Kelly - In Ever Loving Memory's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Dog Health > Worried about my girl - vet can't find anything wrong
Kelly - In Ever- Loving- Memory

I was born to- run

Barked: Thu May 21, '15 5:14pm PST 
Got the ultrasound done today and unfortunately the news isn't good. She has a bladder tumor and a tumor between the bladder and abdominal wall. I am not putting Kelly through any kind of surgery and chemo because she's 11-12. I'm going to spoil her every minute of every day we have left.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Wed May 13, '15 6:26pm PST 
We haven't started any meds yet laugh out loud

Going to stick it in a hot dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Wed May 13, '15 4:56pm PST 
But now her appetite is depressed. She has become very picky with her food (ie ZERO kibble) and even with the premade raw she's only licking at it. wtf?
cry

And I simply can't afford an ultrasound. I just spent ANOTHER $250 on the fecal test and bottles of flagyl and baytril.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Wed May 13, '15 3:56pm PST 
I brought in a sample for a fecal today because she's been having runny, not well formed poops for the past 10 days or so (not every day) and of course the poop this morning was very firm and well formed. lol so that is good news.

She seems to be almost at her old energy level from about 1-2 months ago before all this so I'm wondering if the 2 days of metacam (nsaid) would make that much of a difference? She took it no probs on Friday, turned her nose up on her lunch Saturday which had the metacam so she got the metacam with supper. 2 hrs later she threw up watery vomit so I discontinued the metacam just in case.

Her squatting multiple, multiple times per walk isn't quite as pronounced. I noticed the morning walk, she squats less than the afternoon walk.

Tonight I start her on Baytril. The vet doesn't think it's a false negative uti because there is no evidence of stones or crystals either in the bladder or kidney. She has a boxer client that has uti's with negative cultures but stones and crystals show up in the urine test. My other friend who's an emerg vet says that bacteria can cling to the bladder mucosa wall so if her squatting returns to normal, then I'm going to chalk it up to the baytril. If it doesn't clear up then I think it'll have to be a real ultrasound. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Sat May 9, '15 7:34pm PST 
Reina, a friend sent me an article about just that very thing: a negative uti culture (for a woman) but the doctor and her feel it's a uti so I may ask for a course of antibiotics to see if she gets better.

Tia, she's not having accidents in the house and the symptoms don't fit incontinence.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Sat May 9, '15 2:17pm PST 
Kali, the ultrasound my clinic uses is not for diagnostic but only to locate the bladder for an aspiration. The vet tech originally thought there was a stone but a lateral xray proved negative for a stone that does not directly affect the urine flow. Plus the urinalysis showed no crystals or stones and a cystocentesis culture and sensitivity was negative for any growths. In retrospect I would have preferred something like a UTI to show up here so we could treat that directly but everything was clear.

Her temperature, blood pressure, vitals etc were normal. Her water intake was probably 30% more in the week following Apr 20th (vet appt date) but has gone back down to maybe 10-15% more when compared to where it was 2-3 months ago.

Her kibble is grain free Orijen and the premade raw is the same where we've gotten for 2 yrs.

Yoshi, my vet is well aware of what I feed Kelly. The extensive blood biochemistry that was tested detected zero evidence of kidney failure. The urinalysis and urine protein creatinine ratio detects early kidney disease and there is none. Plus kidney disease doesn't explain the symptoms.

Jasper, the glucose level was normal so it isn't diabetes. I thought Cushing's but the vet said the one blood ratio which I dont remember which one, indicated it was not Cushings.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

I was born to- run

Barked: Fri May 8, '15 4:15pm PST 
Kelly is a spayed 10 YO Irish Setter who was active and healthy until about a month ago and then she started squatting to pee multiple times a walk. By multiple I mean a dozen or more. I'm pretty sure by the 3-4 squat nothing is coming out but she is still squatting. So I took her to the vet and had multiple tests done - free catch urine, urine culture, extensive blood work. No crystals, stones, UTI, Cushings, incontinence, nothing. Her blood levels came back normal. They have a basic ultrasound to find the bladder to do the urine aspiration and thought there was a stone at first but a lateral xray was negative but did show arthritis in her spine. Her thirst is higher than before and for the past week, her poops have been somewhat runny and not as well formed as before. Five of the past seven mornings she has also vomitted bile. She is fed raw and a little grain free kibble mixed in - this food combo has been the same for several months. Her energy level is definitely lower than a month or two ago and she now lies down at the top of the stairs and in our bed - 2 spots she rarely uses but now spends the majority of time there.

We started her on metacam today for the first time as I also noticed within this past month that she is gingerly dropping down to lie down. I can see she has stiffness when trying to go down. She has no troubles on our walks as she is fully mobile and trots along.

I've already spent $700 on tests to tell me what it is NOT and $90 on metacam. An internist would probably set me back $700-1000 so that is not something I can afford right now.

Does anyone have experience with something like this so I can suggest it to the vet next week? I have copies of all the tests so I can readily answer questions about the particular blood element levels.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

Dog Health > How do you feel about toys and treats made in China...?

I was born to- run

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 7:13am PST 
I refuse to buy anything edible made in China.

My guys aren't big on toys so that isn't a dilemma thankfully.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 7:39 pm

Dog Health > Symptoms of Bloat: A Video

I was born to- run

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 4:40pm PST 
Seamus had emergency surgery for GDV on Nov 8th. Thankfully I got him to the emergency vet clinic quickly enough so that there were no complications such as spleen removal or necrosis. Staples came out on Monday and he's back to his own goofy self.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tika, Dec 3 3:37 pm

Dog Health > Experiences with bloat?

I was born to- run

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 4:39pm PST 
I had to take my Irish Setter boy Seamus to the emergency vet clinic for bloat today. Thankfully I was home when he started to show the classic GDV symptoms and rushed him to the hospital where he is now recovering from surgery and having the gastropexy. I'm still in a bit of shock over how I could have lost him (as well as sticker shock).

What are your experiences with this life threatening condition?

What can I expect going forward? He'll be 4 in January but the emerg vet tech that he should still live a long life after this.

Has anyone's dog ever experience bloat a second time after a gastropexy? This to me is my major worry.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Reagan, Nov 15 8:24 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.