Postings by Gabe's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > Opinions on Doggie Daycare?
Sebastian

If it fits in my- mouth, it's- going down!

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 7:14pm PST 
Our mom works at a doggie daycare so we get to go everyday. We love it! It's alot like the dog park, but dogs are less aggressive because their owners aren't around. Plus, we get split up into yards with dogs who play well with us. All the old lazy dogs get to lounge around and watch the young'ens play. There are kiddy pools, playground equipment, sand boxes, tennis balls, sprinklers, and a bunch of people who don't think it's cute when we jump up or get protective. Honestly, you may not even need one whole day. You may want to consider two half-days if your schedule permits. It's really exhausting play and 4 hours is plenty. We've posted some pictures of our daycare if you're interested.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Helix, Aug 7 4:03 pm

Great Pyrenees > How best to control pet Pyr's barking?
Sebastian

Barked: Sun Apr 20, '08 7:20pm PST 
Try an anxiety wrap... they work wonders for us.

http://www.anxietywrap.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 6 5:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Walking Nicely...with two dogs

Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 7:59pm PST 
you may want to consider a prong collar.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dodger, Mar 5 3:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > For those w/allergies - California Natural Lamb or Canidae Lamb?

Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '07 5:41pm PST 
We use Canidae Lamb in the summer. We love it. It is cheaper cheaper than the California Natural at about 26 bucks for a 33lb bag. They are both great choices, it just depends on what works better for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 6 6:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pros/Cons of adding canned food...

Sebastian

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '07 5:39pm PST 
We love the Evo 95%Rabbit canned food. We get it several times a week with our Canidae.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 7 7:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Canidae?
Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '07 5:31pm PST 
We love Canidae. There are many wonderful brands, but Canidae beats them on price.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Reesee, Jul 8 9:15 am

Food & Nutrition > Dry Dog Food Question

Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '07 4:03pm PST 
The list you have is wonderful. I'm sure your dog will thrive on any of those foods.
I'm just going to put one more vote in for Canidae All Life Stages.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rocco, Jul 3 8:01 am

Dog Health > Glucosamine

Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 4:04pm PST 
We use Ark Naturals Sea Mobility Treats.
They have glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM. I like to give my dogs their supplements in treat form, mainly because it is cheaper than buying each individual supplement and THEN buying wholesome treats. Also, it is more convenient.
Anyone do what the Great Dane Lady suggests?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sweetie, Jun 29 9:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Problem with Nutro Ultra Senior dry food?

Gabe

Pizza?? I LOVE- PIZZA!!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 4:03pm PST 
We ate Nutro for years and never had problems with it. We switched to Canidae after Nutro made the recall list. The kibble we were eating was fine. But, we had been checking Nutro's website daily to be sure, and they took a freaking long time to come clean about their wet food. They had to have known from the beginning, or at least suspected. We decided we couldn't trust the company.

Canidae is in the same price range, and we eat almost a cup less per day. I would advise you to switch, mainly because you're unsure about Nutro now. Canidae is better, and it is made in the USA.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Delta, Jun 16 6:35 am

Dog Health > Demodectic (Red) Mange- any natural tx??
Sebastian

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 2:15pm PST 
Mange attacks dogs with weakened immune systems. First, strengthen their immune system.
The following herbs help to boost dogs' immune systems and fight bacterial infections. Wherever possible purchase organic herbs that are "Standardized."

· Olive Leaf Extract: Follow directions on bottle.
· Astragulus: Follow directions on bottle.
· Cat's Claw: Follow directions on bottle.
· Kyolic garlic: Follow directions on bottle.
· Pau d'Arco: 4 capsules twice daily.
· Grapefruit Seed Extract Capsules or tablets: 225mg daily.
· Flax seed oil (organic) gel caps: one twice daily.
· Plant based digestive enzymes available at health food stores. Give two
capsules per meal.

Make sure you are feeding quality kibble. Add a few tablespoons of plain yogurt to each meal or give acidophilus supplements. It is very important to maintain good intestinal bacteria when fighting parasites.

TOPICAL TREATMENTS:
I only know of two suggestions:

Topical treatment #1

Mix a combination of one part lavender oil, one part Neem oil, to 9 parts almond oil. Apply to
sores and infected areas once or twice daily.

Topical treatment #2

Mix ten drops of yellow dock extract with ten drops of Echinacea extract, dilute with four ounces of distilled water and apply. Yellow dock is effective as an itch treatment. Other herbs that help with itching are calendula and aloe vera.

Do not give the dog any drugs, human food (other than what's listed) chemicals, or dips. They are in stress right now. Find them a cool, dry, stress free place to relax.
Also, if you feed them good dog food this will only help the situation

If you really need something cheap and fast --try borax (the 20 mule team stuff you can get in the laundry isle at walmart) Make a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution with a little bit of water and borax (make sure you add the borax until it stops disolving) Don't do this one more than once a week, and do not rinse with water. Leave this on the dogs to prevent re infestation.
Also, you should sprinkle borax over your house and leave it for awhile before vacuuming it up. This will help kill any of the parasites that get in your carpet.
I hear PineSol works also, (dogs and house) but because it evaporates much quicker, repetition is needed.

Remember: don't stop treatment when you see improvement. there are eggs all over those dogs and anywhere in your house/yard they have been. keep it up.

GOOD LUCK!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sir Ernest Shackleton, Jun 14 8:03 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.