Postings by Venninne's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > How much to walk?
Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 12:56pm PST 
You'll see the pups starting to tire. then I'd turna round and go home. As for when they are older, it is what they are used to. My dogs get a few short walks a day during the week, but we go on 3 hr treks on weekends. They love it and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep when we get home!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Poitash, Feb 15 12:56 pm

Puppy Place > Husky blowing coat?
Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 12:52pm PST 
Poitash blows his coat this time every year!! I always say "no more huskies", then I go get another husky!!!

My vet says Huskie's commonly have zinc deficiencies. And it affects thier coats/skin.

I do give Poitash a zinc supplement (daily) and the shedding has noticably lessened!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Clubber, Feb 26 11:57 am

Choosing the Right Dog > big and little

Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 12:27pm PST 
we have a 70 pounder and a 17 pounder!!!

She is my first small dog. We got her because we wanted an American Pitbull Terrier, but our strata would not allow any bully breeds. So we did our research on breeds and found that Rat Terriers have very similar temperments and personalities to pitties and they were an allowable breed for our strata rules. We found a rescue dedicated to Rat Terriers, and found our baby girl. We flew her home the MINUTE we were approved for her adoption.

Now, normally I would stick to our big dogs, but my heart has been won!! Here's to many happy years with our tiny companion!!
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Feb 19 11:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > how many dogs is too many dogs

Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 12:21pm PST 
Heck, I run a rescue out of my home and would never dream of having 10 dogs unless I had a kennel house!! Oh the craziness!!

As it is I have my own 2 forever dogs, my 2 yr old son (and were working on child # 2) plus our fosters. Since we try to give as much individual attention to our fosters, we limit ourselves to 2 fosters on top of our resident dogs!!

However I do agree with most of the others. You get as many as you can handle, financially and time wise. And within the by-laws of where you live!! I do think that no ONE person could properly care for more than 5-6 alone. But big families could do so with time and attention to spare!!

IMO anyways!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 60 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 1:33 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > AMERICAN BULLDOG CROSS PUP IS ADOPTABLE

Noah

ADOPT ME!!!!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 10:26am PST 
Hi there, my name is Noah and I am a shy boy looking for my forever family so I can have a home of my own that I am comfortable in. All this moving around, new environments and such have my very young mind going in circles!!!

I'm the last in the litter still looking for a family, could you be it??

(Noah is adoptable within BC. Adoption application and contract are required)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella Bug, Mar 2 12:14 pm

Dogster Railroad > Desperate California for THIS Sat
Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 1:40pm PST 
All I do for a transport si find out what legs need be filled and then I search for dogsters in that area. I have had oodles of success this way, more so than relying on the posted volunteers on the railroad.

I have found more transporters with this method than any others, and have lots of luck in the cali area.

hope this helps!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Poitash, Feb 14 1:40 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I WANT TO JOIN YOUR FAMILY

Oliver

I"M HOME!!!!!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 1:15pm PST 
i AM THE PROUD NEW OWNER OF MY VERY OWN FAMILY. I WENT TO THE VET TODAY FOR MY NEUTER AND MY BRAND NEW MOM WILL COME PICK ME UP AT 4 TODAY!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR YOUR WELL WISHING!!!

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT BABY WHO NEEDS A HOME WHICH FOSTER MOM WILL GO GET TOMORROW!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Feb 14 1:15 pm

Oliver

I"M HOME!!!!!!!!

Barked: Tue Feb 10, '09 1:44pm PST 
thanx, we have one family interested in me and will come meet me this week sometime!! Then if they want me and their application is approved, I may have a forever home with 2 kids!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Feb 14 1:15 pm

Oliver

I"M HOME!!!!!!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 9, '09 1:44pm PST 
Hi there my name is freckles and I am being fostered in Port Coquitlam, BC Canada. I am up for adoption through Bully Buddies rescue. I am 3.5 months old (at feb 9,09) and am learning my P's & Q's really fast!!

to further inquire about you and I starting our forever relationship, please e-mail poitash@hotmail.com , my foster mom can get back to you faster if you mail her there, rather than messaging through dogster!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Feb 14 1:15 pm

Dogster Railroad > PANAMA CITY-TAMPA, FL
Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 11:33am PST 
WE DO, WE DO!!!!!!!!

So from Gainsville to Orlando on this coming thursday?? I will p-mail you in a bit.

ANYONE able to get our boy from Marrianna to Gainsville on thursday??

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE??
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 17 6:56 am

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.