Close X

Postings by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 519: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > heart murmur & enlarged heart, meds?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '16 9:57am PST 
Not really an update, but the vets I've seen have asked if Treader coughed a lot when excited.
Generally, no, like if I get his leash out and he gets all happy and barky he's pretty much normal. Most of the time his coughing will just be at random times.

But the other day there was a cat in the backyard that Treader chased out. He had a coughing fit right after that.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '16 3:18pm PST 
I frkn love this vet though because they were telling me about a website about cat diets and I didn't say anything but it basically follows the whole meat-based diet thing and yeeeeeee.
Whoops, this isn't the forum for that, is it.

Well, anyway, they were also a lot more informative than our regular vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '16 3:08pm PST 
Oh. Okay. smile

So I took the cat to a different vet to get his issues checked out today. While there inquired about Treader's issues. The vet said that the main medication he's on is good and is proven to be beneficial. They said there's a lot of things that could be causing the cough, it could be caused by the heart putting pressure on his esophagus and he may need to be put on a cough suppressant. But of course they can't say without his issues being looked at more.

Right now I'm concentrating more, financially, on the cat's issues...seems he may have a heart murmur, too. But they aren't sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '16 9:10am PST 
And another thing I noticed today is that I could actually hear Treader's heartbeat without even touching him or leaning down, when he was laying next to me on the couch.
This scares me and makes me wonder if it's progressed past stage four now. I can feel his heart beating when I hold him, too, but that's been the case for a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '16 9:04am PST 
An x-ray was done back in November when I first took him in for coughing and it did show an enlarged heart. (Then I had them do a blood panel in December, since I could only afford so much during one visit. At that time, they liked the results of the blood panel.)

Unfortunately what I am able to do right now is very limited, the cat was just diagnosed with kidney failure and I'm still saving up to be able to take HIM back to the vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Other Barks & Woofs > anybody on tumblr?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '16 1:45am PST 
Treader and kitty Oreo have a tumblr blog: http://treaderandoreo.tumblr.com/
We don't post a ton, but tumblr does have a pet community aspect to it.
We'll be happy to follow any others who have a pet blog smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Mar 30 1:45 am

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '16 1:40am PST 
Wow, it's like a ghost town here. Kind of sad.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Meridian, May 15 8:25 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '16 1:17am PST 
A while back Treader was prescribed VetMedin for a heart murmur. A few weeks ago he was put on a second med for blood pressure. (This being prescribed after like the fourth visit to do with Treader's persistent coughing.)
He began coughing/hacking around September of last year, went to the vet in November and they ran some tests and said he definitely was not in heart failure. Still, the cough is pretty persistent. It got worse for a while, and became a honking cough...I went back twice and he was given antibiotics both times, which seemed to reduce the cough. He still has the cough, but it's not as bad as it was at that one point.

A friend told me to look up Vetri-Science Cardio Strength Heart Support Formula on Amazon, maybe talk to my vet about going to that.
One of the reviews on this med said that they took their dog to another place and that vet told them that VetMedin isn't going to do anything for dogs with a heart murmur, it just stabilizes dogs that are in later stage CHF.

So....Iunno....thoughts? Should I talk to the vet about switching up the medication?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 3 10:43 am

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '16 1:04am PST 
Still a raw feeder, just not one who feeds it regularly right now. The organs and stuff we need aren't available often enough.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Meridian, May 15 8:25 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > lost!
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 6:39pm PST 
So yeah, the dog that got run over wasn't Treader. Fortunately.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jul 26 6:39 pm

(Page 1 of 519: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.