Postings by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 518: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Plus Power of the Paw > lost!
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 6:39pm PST 
So yeah, the dog that got run over wasn't Treader. Fortunately.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jul 26 6:39 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 6:38pm PST 
Sorry, been avoiding Dogster because of the fleas.confused

Treader's back home. It wasn't a false alarm, though. He actually was stolen. Fortunately I put up posters, and someone recognized Treader from a facebook post someone made about their new dog. Turned out he was very close by.

Once I got him back, as soon as we were able we set up an appointment to get him a microchip.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jul 26 6:39 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Jul 19, '14 4:08am PST 
Good news and bad news.
Someone responded to the posters we made and put up this afternoon.
But, if this is Treader he's either badly hurt or dead.

They said he got hit by a car Tuesday night and was rushed to the e-vet all the way down in Jacksonville. (That's the closest any vet offices open past 5 PM are.)
Waiting on a call to see whether he made it or not. And of course, it's not a positive that this actually is Treader. We haven't discussed identifying marks, only that he looks like the dog in the poster. But Treader is pretty unique looking, so...

Upon ending the phone call, my outlook was mostly positive. She had said "it looked bad" and had doubts that he survived, but I told myself and everyone else that bad doesn't necessarily mean fatal.
But as time passed, it kinda switched to realization that this really could be it. He could actually be dead.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jul 26 6:39 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '14 1:35am PST 
Treader's always been good at getting loose and we've always been worried that something would happen to him. He'd be incredibly easy to steal--he's jumped right into people's cars before. And there's always the possibility he could get hurt or run over.
But as he kept getting loose and returning on his own or people called and told us they found him, it just got to be something we got used to.

But now he's been gone since Tuesday morning--he's never been away this long before! A neighbor says she saw him Tuesday evening, that's the last I've heard of him.

Checked the animal shelter, went there in person to see the strays just to be sure, but he wasn't there. Called the vet's office, too. Nothing.

If seen, please contact me at graydawntreader@hotmail.com. He was last seen in Saint Marys, Camden County, GA.

Treader had a collar on. So, if he's been gone for this long and hasn't come back and no one's called...this is just making me uneasy. Unless his collar came off somehow, if someone found him I'd think they'd have called by now.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jul 26 6:39 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > I got literally hundreds of zealies--anybody want a gift, or some zealies?

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 12:51am PST 
I've acculumated nearly 1,000 zealies at this point. Having a Plus membership and barely using it other than for the extra photo space will do that.laugh out loud

So, since the community aspect is closing down in March, anybody want anything? Maybe you know of someone who would like something? Or maybe you'd like to have some zealies transferred over to you.blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Jan 23 4:34 am

Dog Health > Did Y'all Know that Vet Care Costs BIG $$$!!??
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 11:39pm PST 
Oh yeah, I can see that happening, getting told that you're wasting money on vet bills...I hear people talk about that a lot. The vet I've been using I've heard talked bad about because they charge a lot of money. ...and they do charge more than the other clinics I've been to. But I go there because they seem to be good and they seem to pick up on things that the other vets I've been to didn't. (They caught that Treader had a heart murmur. If I recall, even the vet I had been to recently at the time didn't catch that.)
And in some cases a vet may exploit things for money in the same way a car repair shop may have you do things on your car that don't really need to be done (certain vaccinations and overvaccination being a possible example)...but, that's where knowing about these things comes in handy.

Another thing (a bit off topic, here) I've noticed is reading reviews online for a local vet clinic doesn't seem to give you a good idea about the vet...99% of them are people who had a bad first impression. I mean, that can be helpful in some ways, but many of them, their experiences they're talkin' about haven't been my experience using that vet for quite a while...y'know?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jan 25 6:23 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 10:59pm PST 
Hell, the medication I, the human, take has a pretty sizable list of side affects. Any drug does, and the list distinguishes between relatively mild and serious side affects. It just comes with the territory of pharmaceutical drugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Chelsea, Sep 7 1:22 pm

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 10:40pm PST 
Treader takes comfortis and has for a few years now. He's allergic to fleas and nothing else we tried worked--I'm wary of trying something else as I don't want him to end up with another flea infestation and a trip to the vet for an allergy shot, and antibiotics to treat the skin conditions the fleas give him.

They DO warn you to feed comfortis with a meal, otherwise it could cause an upset stomach. I've never fed it without feeding Treader at the same time, and we seem to be good here.

Also, I'm not sure you could say any of the other brands are trustworthy either. Just read the instructions and warnings sometime.

But hey, what can you do? I tried home remedies before and they led to a flea infestation and the discovery that Treader has an allergy.
They work for some people on this site apparently, but I guess my area is just heavily populated with fleas and bugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Chelsea, Sep 7 1:22 pm

Dog Health > bark sounds different?

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 9:05am PST 
I can see that. All the other dogs there. He always barks and whines when he sees another dog until the point where either the dog leaves his sight or he gets to go over and say hi. He did that when we picked him up and another dog was in the room. I've been trying to teach him not to do that and not let him meet that dog (if at all) until he calms down, but it'll take a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Aug 12 9:05 am

Dog Health > bark sounds different?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Aug 11, '13 12:01am PST 
Since coming back from boarding, Treader's bark sounds different. It's definitely the same dog I dropped off before leaving on my trip, but now he sounds almost hoarse. Almost.

Just weird.
I heard little dogs are prone to collapsing trachea and for this reason I prefer to use a harness when he's on the leash. But it was missing before I left, and at the kennel they were using a leash that basically works the same way a choke chain does.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Aug 12 9:05 am

(Page 1 of 518: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.