Postings by Chloe's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Behavior & Training > Strangers and Dogs
Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 6:33pm PST 
In short, it would depend entirely on the individual kid and the individual dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 31 10:55 pm

Behavior & Training > An Article on Walking Your Dog
Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 5:32pm PST 
Personally I hate leashed walks around the neighborhood, I find them ridiculously boring and dull, and as the author of the article says, lacking in engagement and interaction. And for the dogs I've had...walking sedately on a leash for however long isn't exercise at all! I'd so much rather be at the dog beach or on a hiking trail.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Sep 12 10:34 am

Dog Health > Lyme treatment--I'm honestly scared...

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 10:34am PST 
Oh my god, what a nightmare!!! You guys are troopers. Hang in there!! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Aug 29 10:34 am

Behavior & Training > How can I be a pack leader after an attack

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 7:08pm PST 
I have no advice, but want to chip in that I think it's wonderful and brave of you to be doing what you're doing. Hang in there! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lily, Aug 22 7:37 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me about Bernese Mountain Dogs

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 5:46pm PST 
Does anyone know why they are so short-lived? Has there been research done on it, or efforts to breed for a longer life-span? 8yrs is such a short life expectancy!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bosley , Aug 21 6:46 pm

Dog Health > Is this normal? Spayed female with vaginal discharge?
Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 5:47pm PST 
Hey folks, well looks like so far so good. They took a sample with a qtip and looked at it under a microscope, and didn't see any white blood cells. The vet said everything looked fine. That it could be the fact that we changed her food recently, that she recently lost weight (a good thing lol, she was getting a little porky), or the fact that Chloe has a little extra flap of skin down there, or a combination of all three. She also said that since spayed dogs still have a cervix, it could be that her cervix is producing fluids.

She said that she might be in the early stages of a bladder infection and to watch out for the symptoms. So we'll just be keeping an eye on her for now.

She said that some other things that can cause discharge include a foxtail (!!! ouch!! she said one of her border collies gets that almost each year!!), or "stump" pyometria. But since the sample didn't have any white blood cells, and her hoo-hah looked happy and healthy, those were ruled out.

So, big sigh of relief here. Thanks again everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Belladonna, Apr 1 3:49 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > my neice and her GP

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:50pm PST 
Awwww totally adorable puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Aug 20 12:50 pm

Grooming > Is anyone else addicted to fur plucking?

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:42pm PST 
I love "plucking" dancing But Chloe hates it lol, she gives me this looks like, "Really mom? Really?" Plus it's not very time efficient, she has sooo much undercoat. So I usually rely on an undercoat rake.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Sep 3 7:01 am

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 11:46am PST 
Thanks everyone hug We're going to the vet in a couple hours, I'll update when we know more.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Belladonna, Apr 1 3:49 pm

Chloe

Honey Bear

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '12 8:27pm PST 
Yeah I've never seen discharge on her or any other female before. I thought/hoped that maybe it's just one of those things that happens normally but doesn't get noticed or talked about.

I'll call the vet in the morning, hopefully it's nothing serious confused The only thing I can think of that causes discharge is pyometria, but since she's spayed that can't be it.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Belladonna, Apr 1 3:49 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.