Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Oldest safe age to breed? Wear diaper at dog park?
Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 7:30am PST 
Kinda of on the subject.....had a client the other day bring in his 10 year old Coonhound to have a bloodtest done in preparation for breeding. Oh, did I mention, that she was so aggressive that we couldn't get near her! Took forever to muzzle, and here's the kicker.....the guy had just put down a relative of hers the week prior because he was diagnosed with brain cancer! AWESOME BREEDING STOCK GUY!!!!! Can't wait to see those pups!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 4:29 pm

Food & Nutrition > Costco Dog Food
Sadie

All Bow To The- Queen

Barked: Thu Mar 19, '09 10:30am PST 
Does anyone know the ingredients, etc. in the Costco Brand Dog Food or know where I can get info on it? I cannot find any info on it. The DVM I work for was asking questions, we have a sick patient that has been feeding it... Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 20 5:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > foof that wont stained eyes

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '09 5:21pm PST 
I feed Wellness Super 5 and have seen to difference in my dogs tear stains. I tried Angels Eyes, but unfortunetly it was too expensive to continue, therefore I never saw any results. I have a friend who has had great luck with a Science Diet formula for her Shih Tzu, however I'll take tear stains anyday over feeding my dogs Science Diet! I have a client who uses Eye Envy, he has the most beautiful, WHITE Maltese ever! Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 8:27 am

Food & Nutrition > wellness puppy vs. Innova puppy?

Sadie

All Bow To The- Queen

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '09 12:42pm PST 
I'm just surprised your vet rec. good brands! haha, where do you live??? Anytime I mention anything other than Science Diet or Iams to my docs, they completely glaze over! No interest in learning about them! haha good for you for having a decent vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 12 10:56 am

Dog Health > Anyone else on Comfortis?

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:12pm PST 
I HATE Frontline! Didn't work for me and several other people I know. I've used the Comfortis for a couple months now and have had great luck with it. I personally prefer the pill vs. topical because my dogs are all long-haired. It's just messy. So far, I haven't heard anything negative about the Comfortis, but every dog is different, everyone hsa different experiences with products.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Aug 6 6:00 am

Dog Health > Angel's Eyes vs. Eye Envy
Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 10:49am PST 
I need some advise on which item to purchase! I've heard great things about both products. However, I could not find the actual ingredients on the Eye Envy website. Any clue? Any personal results, dislikes, etc.?

Also, anyone know where the cheapest of both to find? Online or at Pet Supplies Plus, etc. ? Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 12:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > How to slow down eating?

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 4:51pm PST 
I recently had a client tell me that she started adding chunks of fresh pineapple to her dog's food to add with her coprophagy. She said that it also had slowed her down a bit when she was eating her food. By the way, this is a 10 month old German Shorthair Pointer and she's crazy!
I just bought a pineapple this week to try with my poo-eatin' lab. I've read mixed reviews about it, pretty much everyone has said why it could work, but nobody really has any further results.
We'll try it! Maybe it'll work for your speedy eater!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 4:51 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dressing up pets: Cute or Cruel?

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 5:53am PST 
I don't know about anyone else, but my lil crested girl has her own dresser and corner of the closet....she's a crested man, she's always coldsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , Mar 9 8:18 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Lame Ducks May Bite Ohio Dog Owners

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 5:49am PST 
Well, while reading through this feed, it was starting to sound like a good idea, some of the tough stipulations to kennels may have made it harder for puppy mills to produce animals. With higher prices and harsher rules and punishment perhaps they would 'go out of business' or be shut down. That being said, it really puts hardships on the responsible breeders trying to better the breeds that they love and work very hard for. Don't even get me started on the dangerous dog laws, when will people understand that if Ohio bans one breed that opens up a whole world of other breed banning! I'm sorry, but I know waaayyyyy more mean Shepherds and even labs than I do pits.....Geez, Ohio.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 2:53 am

Dog Health > Indianapolis vets
Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 6:52pm PST 
Question: Did this exam include any medications or heartworm/flea preventatives? I live in Findlay, Ohio and an annual exam may cost that much depending on the size of your dog and the brand of meds you get.....for instance:
Wellness Exam: $38
Rabies: $22
Kennel Cough: $17
DHLPPC: $28
Fecal check: $17
Heartworm Test: $22
Sentinel (a year supply) is reeealllly expensive for a dog for 50 lbs.....like $180 or something ridiculous like that. Keep looking, don't be afraid to ask the techs how much everything is. Word of advise from a tech, stand your ground! Ask questions, be stern when saying you only want what's absolutely necessary. That being said, the more you prevent, the cheaper your dog (in theory) will cost ya in the long run. Heartworm preventative is waaayy cheaper than treatmentsmile
Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 4 7:58 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.