Postings by Butters's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 135: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Calling all tiny dogs!
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Tue Mar 11, '14 8:17am PST 
Ginger, you're right! Butters was eating upwards of 10% of his weight (7lbs) and was fed once a day. If I fed him any less he'd lose weight. I remember wondering how such a tiny dog could fit so much in his stomach. I started at two feedings a day but he'd refuse one of them soo...

For bone in things, our favorite was Cornish hen. It was easiest to hack them up into 1/4s and feed that way. Oxtail is too much for him and he was too lazy for Turkey necks. Lol! Otherwise he got chunks of anything else, pork, beef, chicken, venison and turkey.

He isn't raw fed anymore and has since gained a little weight but he's still a happy little bugger. Times got hard and we had added Barley and a kitty (Biscuit) to the mix before tikes for tough. I didn't find it fair to continue raw with him when I couldn't afford it with the others.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Waffles, Mar 11 11:00 am

Behavior & Training > Under the Bed
Barley

The coffee table- is my bully- stick.

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 11:47am PST 
If you are or know someone who is really crafty, you can construct a shield/guard out of boards so that you're creating like a 3 sided box that fits just under the bed so that it blocks all access. Then put on a bed skirt to hide it. I have considered doing this with the couch since the new kitty riped a hole in the lining under one of them and hides "inside" the couch.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gemini, Nov 30 12:24 pm

Food & Nutrition > Whats the max?

Barley

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:50am PST 
It takes about a month to go through a 30lb bag of TOTW. That being said, I can get a bag for under $40. This feeds both dogs. I don't think I'd spend over $60 though mainly because I can't get hubby to understand that the "cheap food" isn't the way to go. With TOTW, I get a better quality food for a lower price. He still thinks THAT'S expensive.

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 29 9:36 pm

Dog Health > My dog has an infected ear

Barley

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:36am PST 
Ear infections do not heal nor go away on their own. Eventually your dog's ear will swell shut and you'll have a heap of problems following suit. You need to take him/her to the vet for antibiotics.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Barley, Nov 28 7:36 am

Dog Health > dog odour

Barley

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:34am PST 
Trigger, I had the same idea.

Food can be a factor. I've noticed that with a higher quality food comes a nicer smelling dog. And the opposite rings true with a low quality food.

Another idea that could be causing coat odor is maybe you aren't drying him well between baths or potty breaks in the rain? If the coat doesn't dry well and stays moist long enough, you'll get a sour doggie odor. I've learned the hard way with Barley over the summer and decided one day to let her air dry in the sun instead of towel drying....bad idea.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Nov 28 8:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching Foods
Butters

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 7:32am PST 
NV Instinct is a good one! I too am surprised that it costs less than TOTW. I'm not sure how much the 30lb bag is here for TOTW, but the 15lb is 24.99.

You can definitely contact UPS AND FedEx and let them know to deliver ANY items to your doorstep in the future. They are supposed to refund for any damages/loss after delivery if they don't abide by your request.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Butters, Nov 15 7:32 am

Food & Nutrition > Large Breed Puppy Food...HELP!

Barley

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 7:25am PST 
I prefer Wellness out of those choices. SG is too grain heavy for my liking and based on the feeding requirements the dog will need an extra 1-2c a day. I tried this food with Barley a long while back and there was no way I was going to fit the amount of food suggested in her stomach at the time. She is now 55-60lbs and eats 3c a day on Wellness LBP.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 16 2:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > ingredients - best and worst

Butters

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 5:29am PST 
I will not feed anything that has any of these ingredients on the label:

-corn, wheat, soy, gluten, etc
-"digest" or by-products
- vitamin k activity or menadione yada yada
-"cracked", "pearled", or any other term that says there are grain fragments in the food.
-artifical colors or flavors
-unnamed fat, or protein sources (ie, poultry fat or poultry meal--that could be chicken, turkey, duck, goose, etc...I want to know WHICH ONE)

Now I know some foods fall under that category, heck there's quite a few actually. But what really narrows down the list for me is that the food I choose has to have at least 3 named meat sources in the first 5 ingredients.

ETA: I like to see foods who have probiotics in them. Not sure the exact brands I've seen, but if I'm not mistaken Nature's Variety Instinct has them. And I do like seeing foods that have added nutrients/supplements such as fish oil (has to be a named fish tho!)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Butters, Nov 7 5:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Require the FDA to enforce the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with Pet Foods

Butters

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 11:53am PST 
Signed! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kazba, Nov 30 11:43 am

Food & Nutrition > Brand/Amount/Times per day
The Vanilla- Fudge Batch

Butters and- Barley

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 11:42am PST 
Butters weighs 7lbs, eats 1/2c a day and gets rotated between all of the TOTW flavors except for the red meat one.

Barley eats 3c a day and currently eating Wellness LBP. Not sure her weight, but my guess is that she's 55-60lbs. She will be transitioning onto TOTW starting today unless I find something different. But it'd have to be grain free because her and Butters will be sharing the bag and he does not do well on grain inclusive at all.

Both are fed once a day at varying times each day which is usually between 6pm and 11pm. They also get water added to make the kibble float.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Grady, Nov 16 1:09 pm

(Page 1 of 135: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.