Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Get Well Soon > Diagnosis - Oral Melanoma
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 9:37pm PST 
Hi Buster, I'll be thinking of you. You are very brave to stand up to the cancer!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 3:47 pm

Get Well Soon > Lucky and his Back
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Sun May 30, '10 9:34pm PST 
Hi, I hope Lucky is feeling better. I've had quite a bit of experience with dachshund backs. Over the past many years I've had two that required surgery and one that needs to be crated a couple times a year. Dodgerslist.com is the best source of information and resources that I have found. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 30 9:34 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > sardines

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:17pm PST 
We LOVE sardines!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 11 11:58 am

Get Well Soon > Anal Glands

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:12pm PST 
We have ours emptied by the vet every 3-4 months. Groomers do it too but we think the vet's technique may be less irritating. One member of our family had a full anal gland perforate and developed a serious infection. Our poop is nice and firm. It seems to affect some dogs more than others.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 12 1:38 am

Get Well Soon > Having Surgery Wednesday 8/19

Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Mon Aug 17, '09 7:56pm PST 
Dear Wookie, We'll be thinking of you and your family on Wednesday and sending you our wishes for good news and speedy recovery.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 2:40 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Best Friends Animal Society asks HSUS to change their policy on resued "Pit Bulls"
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 9:43pm PST 
I hope the Best Friends Society is able to help HSUS re-evaluate their position. I am a supporter of both organizations. HSUS did an amazing job of increasing awareness of the treatment of farm animals here in California. Their TV spots really exposed factory farming and helped get a bill passes to improve conditions.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 23 1:07 pm

Get Well Soon > Autumn got 2nd chemo tx on Tuesday

Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Fri Oct 31, '08 9:48pm PST 
I hope it gets easier each day.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 1 3:41 pm

Get Well Soon > Hi my name is Roxy and I eat everything and now im sick, I need help!!

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '08 12:46am PST 
Definitely see a vet. Thanks, Hershey, for the assistance links.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 29 8:37 am

Get Well Soon > Vet dxed Autumn with Lymphoma yesterday

Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '08 10:21pm PST 
A wonderful Dogster named Stubby told me to live big. My illness taught me and my mom to find something wonderful in each day. We're sending you tons of hugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 12:04 pm

Get Well Soon > Vet dxed Autumn with Lymphoma yesterday
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 8:56pm PST 
I'm so sorry about Autumn's diagnosis. It isn't easy to know what to do. There is a lot of information out there. When Roxy was diagnosed with Lymphoma I decided to go with chemo. Lymphoma can be very responsive to chemo. My guideline was always that I would stop when the chemo didn't help or when it made her sicker than the disease. In Roxy's case the chemo did more damage to her immune system than it did to the lymphoma. I could go on forever but, here are a few of the things I did: No carbs, lots of fish oil. I don't normally like prescription diets but there is one developed specifically for cancer and the science behind it seems sound. I wish I could remember the name of it. The diet was high in the amino acid arginine.

In any case, I wish you lots of loving, quality time with Autumn. My heart is with you. I spent lots and lots of time on Dogster and the support I received was incredible.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 12:04 pm

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.