GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Dog Health > oh no,, my tooth!!
Clay R.I.P.- my handsome- boy!!

my mom hasn't- seen anything- yet!

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '08 7:21pm PST 
shrug
Clay just broke his big molar right from the tip all the way into the gum.He goes to get it taken out next week.Right now he is on meds for pain and antibiotics so that he doesn't get infection. Maybe it's the season for broken toofers! shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by corkie, Apr 3 6:10 pm

Dog Health > Why don\'t people pick up their dog\'s waste?
Pedro

The best New- York Rescue!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 8:24pm PST 
Because people are lazy.I have 4 dogs and I seem to be able to keep up with their messes.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, CGC, Mar 26 7:28 am

American Staffordshire Terrier > Pedigree American Staffordshires

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 6:28pm PST 
Clay is sure AKC snoopy way to go wave
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Madea, Jun 29 9:00 am

Dog Health > eww we got roundworms...

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 4:08pm PST 
It is very normal for a Vet to give a wormer on top of the Heartgard treatments or I should say preventative. Have a general wormer given to get rid of a load of intestinal parasites is better then waiting the umpteen months for the Heartgard to finally rid the system of worms.There is such a samll amount of intestinal wormer in the Heartgard pills that it is best to do a general wormer for the dogs health.
So not uncommon. Good Luck
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rommel, Feb 21 4:40 pm

Dog Health > Oral tumor

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 4:01pm PST 
Most oral tumor are benignand that is what I'm hoping for you.Results noramlly can take up to 2 weeks depending on where you ae sending it and if the Vet's office gets it out in a timely manner.The earliest I have ever seen anything come back is 3 days.Recovery depends on where the tumor is and how involved it is in that area.If you don't have a blender now would be a good time to pick one up or borrow one. Puree his food for a bit so it will be easier for him and he doesn't need to chew anything.I will be keeping you in my thoughts
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Cherokee Forever Loved Cherry, Feb 22 3:58 pm

Dog Health > Remidyl
Haus R.I.P.- my boy I- miss you

The father dog

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 12:58pm PST 
It may be time to ask the Vet for something else. He should nto be stoned as you say from taking this medication.Lower the dose and spread the doses out a bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by quigley, Feb 20 1:43 pm

Dog Health > Is OFA neccessary before using a spring-pole?

The father dog

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:59pm PST 
Diane Jessup is her name.She had Dread one of the only multi-titled Pitbulls in the world.He was also in the movie "The Good Son" Awesome dog!
Spring poles are a hard decision to make these days because they are considered fighting parafanalia.The first neighbor that see's this device will certainly be concerned and more then likely call the police. It's one of the devices I would love to use but in fear of losing my dogs I choose not to take the chance.
You don't really need to do the OFA's just an xray gone over by your Vet should be fine. The OFA's are the same xrays gone over by the Orthopedic Foundation of America to get a rating of your dogs hips.Poor,Fair,excellent and such. So no need to go thru the xtra expense if you don't need to.
Diane Jessup has some very good books out about training and some other reading material. She was doing the "Fully Bully magazine but has put all of her efforts into training the rescue Pits and her own dogs as well.The last time I spoke with her she was recoverying from surgery. She now sells her back dated magazines ,which have excellent articles in them, through "LawDogsUSA.org". It's been a while since I have been to this site so they may have changed.I know they use to do articals on the Pit bulls they use for Narcotics/Explosives Detection Dogs all over the US and In Canada.They sell shirts and dog stuff on thee to.
Anyway OFA's are not 100% necessary.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you , Feb 19 9:59 pm

Dog Health > Remidyl

The father dog

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:46pm PST 
So are we big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by quigley, Feb 20 1:43 pm

Dog Health > 4 month old Lab with recurring UTI issues

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:45pm PST 
Hey there Bailey
Hope you are feeling better
I have had experience with UTI's. My Boston had issues from the time her mom stopped cleaning up after her and maybe even before that. When I went ot visit her at the breeders I noticed blood in her urine.i took her in a they put her on antibiotics.It cleared up or was much better by the end of the 2 week treatment but within 3 days of no meds she started showing signs again. After several months of back and forth I had an ultra sound done and a few other test. When I just ended up having her spayed and doing an exporatory on her bladder to find out she had a birth defect.So they removed 1/4 of her bladder and she did great with in a week of her surgery.
A few months later she started having signs again. We swithced her food to the Wellness Fish formula and after that se never had an issue.
So with Bailey there could be several things going on and I think that all of the above posters have great info. I just thought that i would let you know that with her being so young there is a great possiblity of a birth defect.
Best of luck to ya
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ~Angel (RIP 11/20/07)~, Feb 20 6:21 am

Dog Health > Remidyl

The father dog

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:05pm PST 
ya sometimes people have an issue and take it a bit furture then it should be
If i started a web page about all the meds I have had a reaction to I might be rich by now>LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by quigley, Feb 20 1:43 pm

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.