Postings by Petrie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Choosing the Right Dog > Pitbulls????
Petrie

I ain't no hog- dog, I am a- princess.

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 9:30pm PST 
Hey Ashley, I have a pittie and she is a tremendous amount of work. It is gratifying but...work. To be completely honest, I didn't even want another dog at all beside Kody but I also didn't want Petrie enduing up being a breeding machine. She is breed standard but her parents are far from it. I would find a breeder and it may take 5 years to gain a pup from a REAL breeder of American Pitbull Terriers. You need to be very careful from where the pup comes. Also I have a question because you come across as someone who is very attached to animal and wanting to have them in your life. What will you do if BSL is brought into your town? I would hate for someone who is still so young to have to feel all that. I am old and I know that if someone told me that I could n't have my pup I would lose it. Also, Petrie is probably the most emotional dog I have ever owned and she does things that remind me of my son. She will do something that is unacceptable and then try to cozy up to you to make amends the son will do something, and then bat his eyelashes at you and say sorry and I love you. Pouting is going to make a pup very dark. They mimic your emotions because you are supposed to be alpha.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Brody, Oct 1 11:35 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Question on the ConVick Case in VA
Petrie

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '07 4:17pm PST 
Otis, I thnk the reason for the "selective" charges is they do not wan them to duplicate the ones the Feds have against him. I don't know the wording in the proposed state charges so I don't know if they are the same he is charged with Federally. What I do know is I like the state charges better because if convicted her could get 5 years for each charge and they are felonies. Not the 12-18 months he is looking at for the misdomeaners from the Feds. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Petrie, Sep 27 4:17 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Why Whoopis defence is not valid.

Petrie

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '07 3:59pm PST 
I am reading these and I am appalled at Whoopi defending Vick and then it dawned on me how appalled Whoopi would be if she knew y'all were calling her an African American. She will correct anyone immediately, if they use such a term in regard to her. I have seen her at a comedy club where someone said something to the effect that she was the funniest Afro American on the planet. Boy she snapped and went into a tyraid about she is an AMERICAN period. She said other than the Native Americans (Indians), no one has a right to call themselves anything but American. If you have allegience to somewhere else then go there. Now she really went and blew all that retoric.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by The Beaglesworth Bunch, Sep 11 12:27 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Do you think Pit Bulls should be banned even though it\'s all because of the owner?

Petrie

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 2:55pm PST 
That statement is biased. The breed is not the problem, the "owners" are. Peoople who mistreat, and neglect these dogs not only physically but emotionally. All they wanted was a "power" dog, not a pet. Pitties are VERY emotional dogs. What they have in tolerance of pain and such is ten fold in how easy it is to hurt their feelings. They are loving, cuddling ,wanna be part of the family dogs. Ban the morons who get them for hte wrong reason. As someone owned by a pittie, truth be known, it would upset me that I HAD to register her because she is a pit, but I would because she is a fmily member. Not my guard dog, not my protector. She is my furkid.

Need to share a funny story...when my husband is home from work (10 days a month) I am all but non-existant to Petrie. All I am good for is food and opening the door for her to go find Dad. This morning he went down to the river and she had not gone with so he was coming back up the hill, and she saw him. So I let her out and she went to go meet Dad. He got to a BIG old oak and hid behind it. She stopped and looked, where could he have gone... Well the hubby popped his head out on the side of the tree and immedaitely the tail was between her legs and she came running full gait for Mama. I guess I am worth somethig when he is home...
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Zeppelin J. Dogg, ESQ , Sep 14 6:57 am

Grooming > Ok, here is the scenario...

Kody

Me hide??? You- betcha!!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 2:47pm PST 
Thank you. Unlike Kody she does not have sking problems but...AFTER the fact I was like what if Lavender affects badly or something so here I am with this pup stAnding line a statue inthe tub and I am really rinsing her, for fear the stuff will linger. Again thanks. Now Kody needs a wipe down, there is no way I am getting him in the bath.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sushi, Sep 11 2:46 pm

Grooming > Ok, here is the scenario...
Petrie

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 2:20pm PST 
I ran to the neighborhood store (20 miles away), dogs are in the yard with hubby who is cleaning like 50 fish...
I come home and Petrie looks as if she has gotten into the neighbors hog pen and went for w good long wallow.
Anyway what reallyhappened is she has dug a ole under where the AC drips , hence a mudpuddle (bath). I brought her in and filled the tub with a couple of inches of wter, which immediately turned dark brown, and fought to get her in it. Ok now she is in! I start scrapping the mud off her and wetting her down real good and then the light bulb hit. I have no dog shampoo! I am one of those spoiled creatures that have the dogs groomed at the vet. Also even the 56 pounds Petrie is too much for me to pick up. I had read that you were not supposed to use human shampoo on them so I used what I am hoping was the next best thing...Johnson's Lavender Baby Bath. I haven't messed things up have I? Input please, I know this may seem trivial to some but I am really at a loss. The last shampoo I everbought for dogs was something with Pirethrins it for fleas, many moons ago.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sushi, Sep 11 2:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Is the world obessed?

Kody

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 10:54pm PST 
I have a 90 pound dog and a pittie pup who thinks she is a sled team of 8. Up until recently I have not had to walk them both at the same time. One on one is so much easier. Anyway I had them with me and the car we were in broke down. I have a lung disease and have you ever tried to walk one VERY excited dog and the team of 8? Tomorrow it is prongs for both, Kody needs to be reminded and they will not go out of the yard without them on again! Call me bad, call me inhumane, call it cruel. After this trip I am not going to allow myself to be set up again. TAG TEAM anyone?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 7 5:17 am

Dog Health > I need help

Kody

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 10:39pm PST 
I am no vet. How old is Bella? What did she eat? Mine recent;y had a virus but it was more than vomit yuck! Anyway, I would watch her tonight and DO NOT FEED HER ANYTHING, I know that seems cruel but if she has an upset tummy it will be better not to feed her. Then as soon as they open in the morning call the vet! Is she drinking? You have to make sure she doesn't dehydrate. I hope she feels better soon. Got my fingers crossed it is nothing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 7 1:37 am

Behavior & Training > Is the world obessed?

Kody

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 3:33pm PST 
The traine rI used before she retired, and I didn't have any pups then, said NEVER use a choke. She was a trainerr in the military and they did a long term study in regard to different types of collars. The results were that no matter how long a dog has a choke on it produces scarring on the muscles of the neck. Prongs are to be used when the student is unruly and NEVER left on the dog after they are done with a training session. If I have had a dog with collar issues I use a harness at all times and then collar train. Then depending on the dog go to the prong. thinking I can never get the sizing correct with a choke so needless to say it wouldn't be used correctly more than likely.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 7 5:17 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, how you get it
Kody

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 6:47am PST 
From Snopes.com

A word to the wise. E-mail petitions are NOT acceptable to the President, to Congress, or any other municipality. To be acceptable petitions must have signed signatures and your full address. Same with "prayer chains" -be wary.

Almost all e-mails that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar to that mass letter years ago that asked people to send business cards to the little kid in Florida who wanted to break the Guinness Book of Records for the most cards All it was, and all this type of e-mail is, is to get names and "cookies" tracking info for tele-marketers and spammers to validate active e-mail accounts for their own purposes.

Any time you see an e-mail that says forward this on to "10" of your friends, sign this petition, or you'll get good luck, or whatever, it has either an ! e-mail tracker program attached that tracks the cookies and e-mails of those folks you forward to, or GET THIS !!! the host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of "active" e-mails to use in spam e-mails, or sell to others that do.

Please forward this notice to others and you will be providing a good service to your friends, and will be rewarded by not getting 30,000 spam e-mails in the future.

(If you have been sending out the above kinds of email, now you know why you get so much spam!)

Check it out here: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Thor, Sep 7 2:36 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.