Postings by Kashmir ♥ CGC's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 161: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Thought i would only own 1 breed...well that changed
Tyra- ♥

Dock Tailed- Labrador

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 2:29pm PST 
Hey all I have owned Boxers my whole life living with my parents. My mom loved them and passed her love of them onto me dancing When I got Kashmir I was ecstatic and wanted only Boxers for the rest of my life. Well now being 24 and having my own home, I have added 2 Labradors to the house. I am smitten for the Lab breed. cheer They seem to fit my lifestyle now much better than Boxers ever did. (I still love them don't get me wrong and Kashmir turns 8 this year.) But the personality of a lab is something you cant beat.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Willow, Thu 9:09 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > New Dogs added to the family.
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 2:25pm PST 
Hey all its been a couple years since ive posted. A lot has happened and I have moved and acquired 2 new family members: Shane and Tyra.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 6:18 pm

Behavior & Training > She Crossed The Line!!! *Rant*

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 7:47pm PST 
Well my friend came to visit as she has moved away and been gone for over a year now. I was very excited to see her and asked about her dog Lil Man. He is a 6 yr old Aussie/Border collie/Maybe Pit Mix?? He had some issues with being protective over her and she was working on them. When she moved she obtained a job with long hours that kept him cooped up in the house all day. Anyway long story short..she flat out told me she had him put down yesterday!! The thing that got me was she had no remorse about it what so ever..i was shocked!! She thought nobody would of taken him because of his "issues" but i beg to differ. He was a wonderful dog with a sweet personality once he got to know you! If i didnt have Shane i would of taken him and found him a new home, but didnt have the room. I feel she did nothing to help him, just killed him because she didnt have the time for him blah blah!! Grr i was so upset and cried all day!! Do you think she was in the wrong to put him down for no reason?

Rant over!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Mar 23 5:19 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > We Lost a Good Dog!

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 7:42pm PST 
yesterday we lost a wonderful dog soul Lil Man. May you rest in peace!! I will miss you alot Lil Man. His mom WAS my one of my best friends until she said she had him put to sleep! I was in shock!! Been crying all day and dont consider her a friend anymore!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Mar 23 10:19 am

Puppy Place > Meet Shane!!!

Shane- ♥

Gentle Giant

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 4:41pm PST 
Hi everybody its been a long while since i posted on Dogster. But today we picked up the newest addition to our canine family, Shane. Hes a 1 year old black Lab that didnt make it as a guide dog or was "career changed" by Leader Dogs for the Blind. He is settling in wonderfully and loving civilian life. cheercheer
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Jan 16 10:46 am

Dog Health > Changing Vets?
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 12:06pm PST 
Thanks for the Bump Flicka! dancing I do have and use a care credit for Kashmir as my work hours were cut, but i finally paid it off. I am trying to cut cost everywhere as I will only be working limited hours. I know vet care is one aspect of the budget that can help. I will be now using this new vet and hope to call and get a tour once classes are over next week. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 6 4:56 pm

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 5:09pm PST 
Thanks everyone!! I did talk to some friends on fb who have dogs and they recommended their vets. It's nice to get some input on different things like cost and friendliness, I have decided I'm going to switch to a vet that's reasonably priced and everyone that uses them is very pleased!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 6 4:56 pm

Dogs & Travel > Holiday travels dilemma

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 5:24pm PST 
Glad you had a good time with Moose. happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Dec 2 5:24 pm

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 11:24am PST 
Iam pretty sure this is a popular topic but i am thinking of changing vets. The vet i currently take Kashmir to is getting a little too expensive. They are really nice and I love the doctor that sees her, but the office call and all the charges are way to much (my hours were cut way back at work). I was actually planning on taking her to a low cost vaccine clinic at the pet store when her shots are due. There is another vet a little farther away and people i know that go there say the current vet i use is way to expensive. I am thinking of trying this new vet which would be less expensive but i am not sure? Any thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 6 4:56 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Possibly adopting a friends dog?
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 3:01pm PST 
Well its been awhile since I have posted here. A really good friend of mine who owns a dog moved 3 hours away last year. She got a really good job and an apartment and took her dog with her. Well she works 12 hour shifts and her dog is locked up for about 14 hours a day and she doesnt have the time for him. Now i have known this dog all his life (hes about 4 or 5 i believe). He did have some aggressive tendencies when he was younger. I offered to adopt him but I am worried about some issues:

1. since he is locked up all day he goes to the bathroom in the house. Will trying to reintroduce house training take long?

2. is it hard to try and socialize an older dog? He really hasnt been outside in a long time since she works all day.
any help is welcome smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Nov 9 6:27 pm

(Page 1 of 161: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.